BREAKING: Judge Roy Moore Suspended for Violating Gay Marriage Ruling

Well, if true, I have no problem here.... he should uphold his duties.

But remember folks, that shit works both ways. Many of you on the left have no problem when your side sidesteps their sworn duties in order to "make a statement"

But remember folks, that shit works both ways. Many of you on the left have no problem when your side sidesteps their sworn duties in order to "make a statement"
I am TNHarley and I approve this message

AP Just released written story....

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been suspended for the rest of his term for defying federal gay marriage rulings.

The punishment effectively removes Moore from office, without the court officially ousting him. The nine-member Alabama Court of the Judiciary handed down the punishment Friday after ruling Moore had violating standards of judicial ethics.

Moore was found to have encouraged probate judges to deny marriage licenses to gay couples six months after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that everyone has a fundamental right to marry in all 50 states.

Moore vehemently denied that his administrative order was an act of defiance and said his personal beliefs had nothing to do with it.

*more at link*

Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage

Agreed. He has a right to his beliefs, but he has a sworn duty to both is position and upholding the law, even if he doesn't agree with it. If he can't do it, the honorable thing to do is resign.

Just broke on twitter.

Good for the Alabama Judicial Court

Way to go, guys.

ok----have some compassion -----he sacrificed himself for his
'beliefs'-----mock not

you mean for his bigotry. and he should have known that he had to comply with a supreme court order.

good riddance to bad rubbish
Its bigoted not to accept his bigotry.

that does seem to be the rightwingnut meme.

but you know it isn't bigotry to reject bigotry.

Believe me, if the law banning SS marriage were upheld, and some liberal judge decided to not abide and marry SS couples, the left would cheer this as "the right thing to do".

Just broke on twitter.

Way to go, guys.

'beliefs'-----mock not

you mean for his bigotry. and he should have known that he had to comply with a supreme court order.

You whine about "rightwingnuts" and then claim bigotry. I don't think you know what bigot means.....bigot. Of course you're not intelligent enough to grasp it but others will

Just broke on twitter.

Way to go, guys.

'beliefs'-----mock not

Indeed it is. Stop trying to change the meanings of words.

AP Just released written story....

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been suspended for the rest of his term for defying federal gay marriage rulings.

The punishment effectively removes Moore from office, without the court officially ousting him. The nine-member Alabama Court of the Judiciary handed down the punishment Friday after ruling Moore had violating standards of judicial ethics.

Moore was found to have encouraged probate judges to deny marriage licenses to gay couples six months after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that everyone has a fundamental right to marry in all 50 states.

Moore vehemently denied that his administrative order was an act of defiance and said his personal beliefs had nothing to do with it.

*more at link*

Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage

"The nine-member Alabama Court of the Judiciary handed down the punishment Friday after ruling Moore had violating standards of judicial ethics."

I agree with Chicken Legs he got what he deserved. His job was to uphold the law not

Believe me, if the law banning SS marriage were upheld, and some liberal judge decided to not abide and marry SS couples, the left would cheer this as "the right thing to do".
Exactly, thus revealing the inherent hypocrisy of partisan ideologues.

Forum List

Back