Breaking: Gen. Mcchrystal submits resignation

He is not the first , nor is he the last General to speak harshly about his President. He will be replaced.

Heh ... and I just got finishing the Rolling Stone article.

I don't see what the big deal was.

All this does is make Obama look like a giant pussy, IMO.

It's not about Obama it's about proper protocol.

Heh ... and I just got finishing the Rolling Stone article.

I don't see what the big deal was.

All this does is make Obama look like a giant pussy, IMO.

It's not about Obama it's about proper protocol.

So what did he say?

Like I said in PP's thread, I read the whole piece and can't find one quote from him that crosses the line, IMO. Plenty from his "unnamed team members" but none from the General. If someone were to make the point that the General should have more control over what his team says to the media I would entertain that but there's nothing that the General said wrong.

Or is it that the interviews happened in the first place?

Obama didn't do anything wrong, the general did. He is the one leaving in shame.

Rolling stone said he knew he was on the record and the interviews went on for a couple of days with RS asking him many times whether he agreed with aid's comments.

He's nuts and should be fired. They shouldn't allow the weasel to skulk away in the dead of night.

Fuck you, he is an honorable warrior who has served his country faithfully for many years, and you want to trash his service because he didn't give your hero Barry a good ass licking.

He is not leaving in disgrace but with a Job well done. I hope he is pissed enough to speak out.

He apologized. He's gone, nobody is indespensible and you're just another neocon apologist. Go away, idiot.

When you have a Limpwrister as Commander In Chief and a Frat-Boy as second in command, of course if you're a general who knows how to fight wars is goinig to resign. My shock is it didnt happen any sooner!!!

Americans have to realize that you NEVER leave the national secutiry of America in the hands of fcukking limpwristers. ALL lefties are limpwristers and any enemy can smell it from a mile away..........its the schoolyard dynamic on a macro-scale. The limpwrister always has and always will be taken full advantage of by the non-limpwrister. It is human nature..............for 5,000 years s0ns!!!

General's............they know when, in the midst of a limpwrister, its time to flee!! The non-limpwrister knows when an atom bomb up the ass is imminent!!
Apparently, McChrystal was the frat boy at West Point who always pushed the envelope. He finally went too far.

Last edited:
According to Drudge and HuffPost!

Wow. What a setback.

2 hours later. Where's the resignation?

[Updated at 6:04 p.m.] Gen. Stanley McChrystal has "offered to resign," according to a Twitter post from Time magazine's Joe Klein on Tuesday. Earlier, Klein, citing "a very reliable source," told CNN that McChrystal had already submitted his resignation.

Its indefensible as to execution. its unbecoming of an officer and unethical. Obama is the C in C, respect the uniform and chain of command, if you cannot respect the man.

AND really really stupid. hes talking to the press, not his poker night card playing inner circle...the rolling stone mag, hello..? You don't make general being stupid or tone deaf, its a political job like any/everything else in DC.

He should show up prepared to tender his resignation. Letter in hand.

I think McChrystal should have resigned. My husband is a Captain in the Air Force and he has spoken numerous times about the fact that you simply do not "speak out" about your commanding officers. McChrystal is a General, experienced and decorated - he knows this as well as every other officer (or enlisted soldier) does.

That being said...I have a few thoughts:

1) Does anyone here really, truly think that McChrystal did this accidentally or "off the cuff?" My husband learned this lesson in ROTC, the soldiers who did the "cross fingers" stunt with Clinton were reprimanded swiftly....EVERY soldier knows that you don't do something like this. McChrystal's rank demonstrates that he knows how to play the political game that is required to reach the upper ranks as he has done...I don't believe for a second that he just "forgot" about this unspoken rule while speaking to the Rolling Stones.

Which means...

He did it deliberately.

In my opinion, McChrystal obviously did this deliberately and had every intention of resigning when it came out. He was too experienced a military officer to not know what the reaction to this article would be.

So...

2) Why did he do it? Why Rolling Stone? If he was truly concerned about the way the President was handling Afganistan, why not meet with him to discuss it? If he truly felt that he needed to be a whistle blower, why Rolling Stone instead of the NYT or Time magazine or another "news" organization?

It seems to me that the questions we SHOULD be asking are not whether or not it was appropriate for him to resign - every military member on earth knows that it was absolutely appropriate for him to do so.

but rather...WHY did McChrystal give up his career and leave his troops in the middle of a war in this way? Why was he willing to go down in shame to bring this message to the world? Why did he feel the need to do it in this way instead of another?

Last edited:
Gen. Stanley McChrystal: Latest developments – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Gen. Stanley McChrystal has "offered to resign," according to a Twitter post from Time magazine's Joe Klein on Tuesday. Earlier, Klein, citing "a very reliable source," told CNN that McChrystal had already submitted his resignation.

It appears that General McChrystal has offered to resign over the Rolling Stone insubordination.

Given his gross incompetence at orchestrating the Afghan War, I hope Obama accepts.

Insubordination? How so? What orders did he refuse to carry out?

Gross incompetence at orchestrating? Do you really think he orchestrated a damned thing?

Forum List

Back