Breaking!!! Fracking is ticking timebomb under property-owner's land

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Danger Beneath Fracking Gas Oil Pipes Threaten Rural Residents - NBC News
A construction boom of pipelines carrying explosive oil and natural gas from “fracking” fields to market -- pipes that are bigger and more dangerous than their predecessors -– poses a safety threat in rural areas, where they sometimes run within feet or yards of homes with little or no safety oversight, an NBC News investigation has found.

No longer just conjecture people :talktothehand:

discuss...

This proves that fracking is evil, Thom Tillis is the devil and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near political office or a fundraiser ever again, and natural gas should be banned forever.

We should pursue solar energy instead. It's the safest, greenest method of energy production.

Danger Beneath Fracking Gas Oil Pipes Threaten Rural Residents - NBC News
A construction boom of pipelines carrying explosive oil and natural gas from “fracking” fields to market -- pipes that are bigger and more dangerous than their predecessors -– poses a safety threat in rural areas, where they sometimes run within feet or yards of homes with little or no safety oversight, an NBC News investigation has found.

No longer just conjecture people :talktothehand:

discuss...

Well i guess we might as well evacuate NYC then, because there are plenty of gas lines, under higher pressure, under alot of streets here.

Chicken little called, Dot Cum, he wants his "sky is falling" mantra back.

If anyone thinks, pipes, are a danger than they are obviously under - educated.

We ship gasoline and oil, by pipelines, for decades, all across our country.

Very few problems.

We understand, some people are of the stone age and are still fearful of the evil fire.

dot.jpg

Numbskull.

Very few problems.

We understand, some people are of the stone age and are still fearful of the evil fire.
I live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale deposits and amidst fracking operations. I've already seen three earthquakes inextricably linked to injection wells the 'experts' use to dispose of that toxic water. I've seen two (2) explosions at pipeline sites and a gas terminal built in the past five years.

I am not in the stone age, but on the front lines of the fracking boom. Do not try to placate me with anecdotes as I am living in reality here.

Very few problems.

I live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale deposits and amidst fracking operations. I've already seen three earthquakes inextricably linked to injection wells the 'experts' use to dispose of that toxic water. I've seen two (2) explosions at pipeline sites and a gas terminal built in the past five years.

I am not in the stone age, but on the front lines of the fracking boom. Do not try to placate me with anecdotes as I am living in reality here.
Where's this at?

Very few problems.

Damn, Sam. You must really be rolling in the dough. :thup:

Very few problems.

If I remember correctly, you are in Pittsburgh. I actually do live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale Deposits. In fact, the county I live in is the largest producer of NatGas. I've heard NONE of that at all. I've also just heard a report on baseline water testing showing that the previous lies told by that movie "Gas Land" are just that. The natural gas release in many of the water tables all through the Marcellus were high to begin with. Hence the reason we have burgs and towns called things like Burning Springs, or Burning Creek.....

I'm not sure what investigation NBC did, but I can assure you that it has been skewed and twisted so that its resemblance to the truth is not even a passing nod of acquaintance.

I have also watched their pipeline activities and they get no where near peoples homes. The closest I've seen is a gas pad that went in about 1000 yards from the Miller place and the gas line runs away from his house.

The fear over fracking is almost as bad as the ignorance of liberal schools.

Very few problems.

Where's this at?
Columbiana county, Ohio. Right where Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio come together. The earthquakes are happening in Mahoning County, immediately to my north. The pipeline explosions are happening right here in Columbiana county in Damascus, Ohio and Hanoverton, Ohio.

I'm 30 miles from the City of Pittsburgh.

And the money, what there is of it, is paid to large land owners (65 acres and more). Individual homeowners like me get the quakes and fires, not the royalty checks.

From my OP:

“We’d never do it again, money or no money,” said Cheryl Goble, 53, who grew up just down the dirt road where she still lives. “They think they can do anything that they want to. As long as you sign papers, they don’t care about you afterward. They’re gone.”

The lack of oversight on rural gathering lines – historically low-pressure steel lines up to 12 inches around – was long justified by the perception that the risk of accidents was minimal. But the fracking boom has led to construction of new gathering lines that are both bigger and under higher pressure, making them virtually identical to transmission lines.

This isn't just about "where" the collector pipes go but rather how much bigger they are and pressurized at higher levels making them more volatile when they eventually do rupture.

And the money, what there is of it, is paid to large land owners (65 acres and more). Individual homeowners like me get the quakes and fires, not the royalty checks.
Ahhh the truth comes out. No wonder you have an axe to grind. :lol:
The area I live in was ravaged by heavy industry for better than a century. I wonder why we have to get poisoned yet again. My degree is a B.S. In Environmental Engineering. I have performed site investigations, environmental site assessments and remediation since 1982.

Even if I was a royalty holder, I would still be deeply concerned about the environmental price of that money. Perhaps yup live in some pristine place, unsullied by toxic chemistry. Or or attitude is: what does the environment matter, I got mine! Or, more tragically, you think you live on a disposable planet.

Ahhh the truth comes out. No wonder you have an axe to grind. :lol:
The area I live in was ravaged by heavy industry for better than a century. I wonder why we have to get poisoned yet again. My degree is a B.S. In Environmental Engineering. I have performed site investigations, environmental site assessments and remediation since 1982.

Even if I was a royalty holder, I would still be deeply concerned about the environmental price of that money. Perhaps yup live in some pristine place, unsullied by toxic chemistry. Or or attitude is: what does the environment matter, I got mine! Or, more tragically, you think you live on a disposable planet.
some might have a change of heart but after how much damage has been done?

Not ALL Repubs are EPA-hating denier cultists US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back