BREAKING: Ford stock below $1

If I had balls of steel, I'd buy Ford stock at this price.

They're the only ones with any shred of solvency left. They have cash beyond debt, the other two don't.

Anyone thinking of buying?

If I had balls of steel, I'd buy Ford stock at this price.

They're the only ones with any shred of solvency left. They have cash beyond debt, the other two don't.

Anyone thinking of buying?

Down to $1.26 today.

I just called some old friends at a Ford dealership I worked at 5 years ago. They're shitting in their pants. If Ford goes under, they go under.

They're doing great in Europe, and still own quite a few other makes, as well as large percentages of others as well.

This alone will not keep them in business though. If they don't get their act together here in the states and become a viable competitor, they will be gone.

It's not necessarily a huge buying opportunity, it is a VERY volatile stock right now. Maybe worth the risk if you have it to lose, but I certainly wouldn't be betting my retirement on it.

This alone will not keep them in business though. If they don't get their act together here in the states and become a viable competitor, they will be gone.

It's not necessarily a huge buying opportunity, it is a VERY volatile stock right now. Maybe worth the risk if you have it to lose, but I certainly wouldn't be betting my retirement on it.

It's fun realizing that our economy is dependent on gamblers.
Remember--the house always wins ! :lol:

I know this is a real gamble, but anybody putting spare cash into Ford? I think once they figure out the bailout, it will skyrocket. I'm not giving advice, just speculating.

It's fun realizing that our economy is dependent on gamblers.
Remember--the house always wins ! :lol:

Not necessarily. The house doesn't always win in the stock market. The difference is that in the market, it's not a game of chance. You can tangibly increase your chances of profit by educating yourself and scrutinizing companies. By understanding how the market as a whole works, you can ascertain whether or not a specific company is going to prosper or deteriorate in the current economic conditions.

An easy one to call was Wal Mart. A little over a year ago, when I knew this financial mess was on the way, I put a few bucks on it long. I got out of it too soon though, because I was afraid of the Dollar at the time. I still made a nice little chunk. It was easy to call, because knowing the economic conditions were going to be deteriorating, you know that Wal Mart will do well because they're the cheap place to buy goods. I also made a few bucks in Family Dollar, a Dollar store chain. You know they'll do well in bad economic times.

Forum List

Back