Breaking: Eminent Scientist May be Jailed for Faking Climate Emails

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
http://www.climatechangedispatch.co...ntist-may-be-jailed-for-faking-climate-emails

In a sensational public confession a leading climatologist, Peter Gleick has admitted to taking part in a high-profile climate emails forgery that has backfired; says it was done to intentionally injure skeptic foundation. Britain’s pro-green national daily, ‘The Guardian’ was the first major newspaper to break the news that Dr. Peter Gleick had confessed to unlawfully libeling the prominent climate skeptic supporter, the Heartland Institute (HI). Heartland is a 28-year-old national nonprofit organization with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Washington, DC. Its mission is “to discover, develop, and promote free-market solutions to social and economic problems.”

Last edited:
Climate Change Dispatch - Because the debate is not over

In a sensational public confession a leading climatologist, Peter Gleick has admitted to taking part in a high-profile climate emails forgery that has backfired; says it was done to intentionally injure skeptic foundation. Britain’s pro-green national daily, ‘The Guardian’ was the first major newspaper to break the news that Dr. Peter Gleick had confessed to unlawfully libeling the prominent climate skeptic supporter, the Heartland Institute (HI). Heartland is a 28-year-old national nonprofit organization with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Washington, DC. Its mission is “to discover, develop, and promote free-market solutions to social and economic problems.”

Who cares? It's not like this means global warming isn't a real phenomenon.

Yes, who cares if prominent scientists for AGW are using illegal, immoral and untruthful means in promoting their theory. That has nothing to do with the validity of their claims....

Sure....

Yes, who cares if prominent scientists for AGW are using illegal, immoral and untruthful means in promoting their theory. That has nothing to do with the validity of their claims.

How about the validity of the deniers' claims? Can you point to a single experiment that explains how the energy that CO2 absorbs just disappears? I wouldn't go too far with the "illegal, immoral" crap. It's not like the "Climategate" thieves don't have dirty hands. Why aren't they out there trying to answer questions like mine, instead of going the political route and then blaming it on the scientists? A lie is a lie, no matter how much you want it to be true. The deniers have no explanation for my question, hence all the talk about "truth" by the very same people trying to bend it beyond all recognition.

Just one more bit of proof that the AGW people are scammers out to protect their gravy train.

It is important to note that there should be a distinction between folks doing research on just what happens when we dump tons of junk into the environment and folks who run around trying to scare folks out of their cash with goofy untenable predictions. Much of the 'cure' for AGW is to pass cash around to UN bodies to fly to vacation destinations and chat with each other and print reams of puffery about themselves on non recyclable paper. It is hard to treat the AGW people with much seriousness when they themselves seem so little interested in actually doing anything constructive.

First, note that it was liberal journalists that exposed his fraud. Second, the fact that he committed fraud in no way excuses the fraud committed by people like Senator Inhofe and Anthony Watt. However, Gleick is a scientist, and held to a much higher standard than than ignorant conservative politicians and lying ex-TV weathermen.

No fraud is needed to expose the fraud and lack of science in the denialists lies. It is there and obvious for anyone that has the least education in science.

Yes, who cares if prominent scientists for AGW are using illegal, immoral and untruthful means in promoting their theory. That has nothing to do with the validity of their claims.

How about the validity of the deniers' claims? Can you point to a single experiment that explains how the energy that CO2 absorbs just disappears? I wouldn't go too far with the "illegal, immoral" crap. It's not like the "Climategate" thieves don't have dirty hands. Why aren't they out there trying to answer questions like mine, instead of going the political route and then blaming it on the scientists? A lie is a lie, no matter how much you want it to be true. The deniers have no explanation for my question, hence all the talk about "truth" by the very same people trying to bend it beyond all recognition.

meh..........nobody cares about your question.

But the fact of the matter is, nobody cares about the validity of the AGW true believers either. Years of the AGW true believers faking data has taken its toll..........as Ive astutely pointed out several hundred times on here, much to the shargrin of the k00ks.

At the beginning of 2012, I received an anonymous document in the mail describing what appeared to be details of the Heartland Institute’s climate program strategy. It contained information about their funders and the Institute’s apparent efforts to muddy public understanding about climate science and policy. I do not know the source of that original document but assumed it was sent to me because of my past exchanges with Heartland and because I was named in it.

Given the potential impact however, I attempted to confirm the accuracy of the information in this document. In an effort to do so, and in a serious lapse of my own and professional judgment and ethics, I solicited and received additional materials directly from the Heartland Institute under someone else’s name. The materials the Heartland Institute sent to me confirmed many of the facts in the original document, including especially their 2012 fundraising strategy and budget. I forwarded, anonymously, the documents I had received to a set of journalists and experts working on climate issues. I can explicitly confirm, as can the Heartland Institute, that the documents they emailed to me are identical to the documents that have been made public. I made no changes or alterations of any kind to any of the Heartland Institute documents or to the original anonymous communication.

Peter Gleick Admits to Deception in Obtaining Heartland Climate Files - NYTimes.com

Hilarious. What he did has nothing to do with "climate change". Course, right wingers, being so intelligent, won't bother to read that. They don't care because "ignorance is bliss".

Why anyone should trust Gleick’s scientific judgment if his judgment about how to deal with climate skeptics is so bad?

The alarmist nutters have based all their shit on computer models which have turned out to be bogus......and have in recent years become desperate to perpetuate the myth.

It is fascinating how those with a scientifically oriented mind simply cannot fathom that "computer models" can be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Meanwhile, a non-scientific dummy mind like mine is at least bright enough to see hurricane tracking models be hundreds of miles off and take it for what it is: that "computer models" are about as reliable as a dozen environmental assholes playing pin the tail on the donkey after a 5th of gin.:coffee:

The Gleick affair is further proof of the warmists' endless credulity - Telegraph

Computer models are a joke.................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UKI3lKts9Q&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UKI3lKts9Q&feature=related[/ame]

And as the video points out..........the IPCC is a total fraud!!

Last edited:

Yeah right! Here's another real phenomenon:

stock-illustration-15860929-easter-bunny.jpg

Forum List

Back