BREAKING – Dr. Tim Ball wins @MichaelEMann lawsuit – Mann has to pay

Dr. Mann has tweeted in reaction, he contradicts himself in his tweets:

Michael E. Mann‏Verified account @MichaelEMann

There have been some wildly untruthful claims about the recent dismissal of libel litigation against Tim Ball circulating on social media. Here is our statement
ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

Not sure about the legal fees, but his appeal intention is absurd since the jerk hasn't complied with a judicial order. There was never a case for Mann who dragged it out for several years and defied a judicial request for discovery.

Mann was losing his case TWO years ago that brought up concessions that made him look bad.

Now that the "Bench" made a ruling AGAINST him, he states he plans to appeal.

The man is slime.

This dismissal was based on this from Principia Science International, I have requested a link to the May 2019 Dismissal Motion.

The Canadian court issued it’s final ruling in favor of the Dismissal motion that was filed in May 2019 by Dr Tim Ball’s libel lawyers.

Not only did the court grant Ball’s application for dismissal of the nine-year, multi-million dollar lawsuit, it also took the additional step of awarding full legal costs to Ball. A detailed public statement from the world-renowned skeptical climatologist is expected in due course.

LINK

He will do anything to keep his work from becoming public...as soon as it does, his career will be over.

I got this update in an e-mail from John O Sullivan.

There is an UPDATE at Principia Scientific International:

"Update (August 24, 2019):
Dr Mann Has Posted On Twitter In Reply To This Article:

mann-tweet.jpg

Mann’s statement is here: Michael E. Mann on Twitter

In short, Mann’s ugly responsive legal statement is (a) stark admission he lost fair and square, and (b) a disingenuous argument that the Dismissal was granted merely on the basis of Mann’s “delay” in not submitting his R2 numbers in timely fashion.

Well, Mikey, Tim gave you a whole NINE YEARS to get your case together!
On that point, this is where readers may wish to refer to the article ‘Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann‘ (July 4, 2017). In it we offered analysis as to Mann’s fatal legal error. As Dr Ball explained at that time:

Michael Mann moved for an adjournment of the trial scheduled for February 20, 2017. We had little choice because Canadian courts always grant adjournments before a trial in their belief that an out of court settlement is preferable. We agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.

As I explained in the article, Mann (and his crooked lawyer) had shown bad faith, thereby rendering his case liable for dismissal. I urged Tim to pursue that winning tactic and thankfully he did.

AN APPEAL

Assisting Dr Ball has been a huge honor for me and probably one of the greatest achievements of my life. But Tim only won this famous courtroom battle thanks to massive worldwide grassroots support.

We can only continue to fight these protracted lawsuits with your kind support. Please give generously to ensure we can take on more crucial cases, such as this."

======================

Dr. Mann doesn't appear to have a case for appeal since he already missed a court deadline and was the one who requested adjournment of a scheduled trial, which was granted. The man had NINE years to process to trial, it never happened.

I knew that Dr. Mann's tweet had lies and B.S. in them, that his stated intention to file an appeal is absurd which is obvious due to his stalling of the case and failure to meet a court ordered deadline to produce documents.

He is going to lose this case, which I am sure Mark Steyn will be pleased to know.
Mann has already lost this one. The fun will begin in a new case seeking punitive damages due to Mann's intentional acts. I can see one stipulation for mitigation, is for Mann to produce the documents he promised in court...

This could get interesting should Dr Ball seek damages...

Here is the Court information:

sycomputing posted this at WUWT

"Order 22Aug2019
Affidavit 20Aug2019

File Number VLC-S-S-111913

Date Filed: 22Aug2019
Filing Parties
Terms of Order
Order

1. Order that the claim made by Plaintiff be dismissed
2. Costs will follow the event and of the action since the action is dismissed"

Here is the link where this came from, the British Columbia website.

There have been some wildly untruthful claims about the recent dismissal of libel litigation against Tim Ball circulating on social media. Here is our statement
ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

Not sure about the legal fees, but his appeal intention is absurd since the jerk hasn't complied with a judicial order. There was never a case for Mann who dragged it out for several years and defied a judicial request for discovery.

Mann was losing his case TWO years ago that brought up concessions that made him look bad.

The man is slime.

This dismissal was based on this from Principia Science International, I have requested a link to the May 2019 Dismissal Motion.

The Canadian court issued it’s final ruling in favor of the Dismissal motion that was filed in May 2019 by Dr Tim Ball’s libel lawyers.

Not only did the court grant Ball’s application for dismissal of the nine-year, multi-million dollar lawsuit, it also took the additional step of awarding full legal costs to Ball. A detailed public statement from the world-renowned skeptical climatologist is expected in due course.

LINK

He will do anything to keep his work from becoming public...as soon as it does, his career will be over.

mann-tweet.jpg

In short, Mann’s ugly responsive legal statement is (a) stark admission he lost fair and square, and (b) a disingenuous argument that the Dismissal was granted merely on the basis of Mann’s “delay” in not submitting his R2 numbers in timely fashion.

On that point, this is where readers may wish to refer to the article ‘Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann‘ (July 4, 2017). In it we offered analysis as to Mann’s fatal legal error. As Dr Ball explained at that time:

Michael Mann moved for an adjournment of the trial scheduled for February 20, 2017. We had little choice because Canadian courts always grant adjournments before a trial in their belief that an out of court settlement is preferable. We agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.

As I explained in the article, Mann (and his crooked lawyer) had shown bad faith, thereby rendering his case liable for dismissal. I urged Tim to pursue that winning tactic and thankfully he did.

AN APPEAL

Assisting Dr Ball has been a huge honor for me and probably one of the greatest achievements of my life. But Tim only won this famous courtroom battle thanks to massive worldwide grassroots support.

We can only continue to fight these protracted lawsuits with your kind support. Please give generously to ensure we can take on more crucial cases, such as this."

======================

Dr. Mann doesn't appear to have a case for appeal since he already missed a court deadline and was the one who requested adjournment of a scheduled trial, which was granted. The man had NINE years to process to trial, it never happened.

I knew that Dr. Mann's tweet had lies and B.S. in them, that his stated intention to file an appeal is absurd which is obvious due to his stalling of the case and failure to meet a court ordered deadline to produce documents.

He is going to lose this case, which I am sure Mark Steyn will be pleased to know.
Mann has already lost this one. The fun will begin in a new case seeking punitive damages due to Mann's intentional acts. I can see one stipulation for mitigation, is for Mann to produce the documents he promised in court...

"Order 22Aug2019
Affidavit 20Aug2019

Filing Parties
Terms of Order
Order

You need to read the court notice of actions. That should be out later this week. From those who know and have read the documents it is very specific as to intent and cause. Mann is done.

ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

The man is slime.

LINK

mann-tweet.jpg

AN APPEAL

======================

"Order 22Aug2019
Affidavit 20Aug2019

Filing Parties
Terms of Order
Order

You need to read the court notice of actions. That should be out later this week. From those who know and have read the documents it is very specific as to intent and cause. Mann is done.

I know, what I was pointing out that the Judge DISMISSED the case, which a lot of warmists seems to be resisting, saying what are the reasons and that Mannboy may post an appeal.

A comment from ROB HONEYCUTT (From Skeptical Science) caused my reasoned reply on showing that Dr. Ball didn't defame/libel Dr. Mann:

No, congratulations for Dr. Ball to end the lawsuit absurdity. It was Dr. Mann who stopped the trial that was scheduled for February 2017, this after 6 years of preparation.

YOU seems to have forgotten that Dr. Mann filed for Adjournment of the trial in February 2017 which was granted, and done nothing since, which is 2 1/2 years running.

What was holding Dr. Mann back? Then nothing for 2 1/2 years, again why did he stop his legal pursuit?

It is obvious he hasn’t been defamed anyway, since he is still getting large grants, employed by the university and able to publish papers in journals, publish a dishonest book attacking a lot of people and getting a lot of money for it. He is a much wealthier man than he was in 2011.

No, Mann destroyed his case over time…….

Snicker…….

That was a reply to Honeycutt dumb comment:

Congrats for being too old and sick to survive a trial?

Okay…

Last edited:
Now it gets interesting... Mann could face CRIMINAL PROSECUTION....

"Punishment for Civil Contempt

Mann’s now proven contempt of court means Ball is entitled to have the court serve upon Mann the fullest punishment. Contempt sanctions could reasonably include the judge ruling that Dr. Ball’s statement that Mann “belongs in the state pen, not Penn. State’ is a precise and true statement of fact. This is because under Canada’s unique ‘Truth Defense’, Mann is now proven to have wilfully hidden his data, so the court may rule he hid it because it is fake. As such, the court must then dismiss Mann’s entire libel suit with costs awarded to Ball and his team."

So now not only can Ball get punitive damages Mann could face jail time...

Creator Of Global-Warming's Infamous "Hockey Stick" Chart Loses 'Climate-Science' Lawsuit

Forum List

Back