Breaking Down The Playoffs

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
For some reason, I can't find a simple graphical representation of the Playoffs that is intuitive, and every time they show some sort of chart or graph during a game, it is partial and by the time you get half way through reading it all trying to figure out what it is telling you, they take it off, so I sat down and made my own, that is simple, complete, tells you most everything you'd want to know and is unmistakably intuitive:

2019 Playoffs.jpg

For some reason, I can't find a simple graphical representation of the Playoffs that is intuitive, and every time they show some sort of chart or graph during a game, it is partial and by the time you get half way through reading it all trying to figure out what it is telling you, they take it off, so I sat down and made my own, that is simple, complete, tells you most everything you'd want to know and is unmistakably intuitive:

View attachment 300524
Your chart is VERY clear. I think we'll most likely see a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl. I believe the 49ers are the best team left in these playoffs and SHOULD win it all.

View attachment 300524
Your chart is VERY clear. I think we'll most likely see a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl. I believe the 49ers are the best team left in these playoffs and SHOULD win it all.

You're very probably right. But something about the Chiefs rubs me the wrong way, not the least of which is their smug, young QB and that incessant indian warrior howl in the stands. When the Titans bowled over the entitled Patriots demoralizing Brady, then shocked the #1 Ravens, I fell in love with that guy Henry. When I consider that the Titans summarily thrashed the #3 and #1 seed, I mean, neither game was even close! Then when I consider how the Chiefs were in something of a Twilight Zone their 1st quarter, their defense was weak enough to allow their opponent to score 31 points, a team so weak, they allowed the Chiefs to steamroll them by a 51 point comeback, and I look at the strong defense of the Titans that held the Pats and Ravens to only 12 and 13 points, the good solid throwing offense of Tannihill plus the incessant locomotive running of Henry to bowl people over and eat up the clock while keeping Mahomes off the field, plus the momentum the Titans seem to have, I'm really pulling for an upset; ---- I just think a 3rd Titan upset to beat the Chiefs will just make for a more exciting Superbowl (because it is so unlikely).

And just imagine if the 6th seed Titans actually beat the 49ers in the Superbowl!

I guess I just like a good underdog.

View attachment 300524

You're very probably right. But something about the Chiefs rubs me the wrong way, not the least of which is their smug, young QB and that incessant indian warrior howl in the stands. When the Titans bowled over the entitled Patriots demoralizing Brady, then shocked the #1 Ravens, I fell in love with that guy Henry. When I consider that the Titans summarily thrashed the #3 and #1 seed, I mean, neither game was even close! Then when I consider how the Chiefs were in something of a Twilight Zone their 1st quarter, their defense was weak enough to allow their opponent to score 31 points, a team so weak, they allowed the Chiefs to steamroll them by a 51 point comeback, and I look at the strong defense of the Titans that held the Pats and Ravens to only 12 and 13 points, the good solid throwing offense of Tannihill plus the incessant locomotive running of Henry to bowl people over and eat up the clock while keeping Mahomes off the field, plus the momentum the Titans seem to have, I'm really pulling for an upset; ---- I just think a 3rd Titan upset to beat the Chiefs will just make for a more exciting Superbowl (because it is so unlikely).

And just imagine if the 6th seed Titans actually beat the 49ers in the Superbowl!

I AM rooting for the Titans, as well. They're the only team left that I like. And RB Henry has been awesome, I'd like to see him have another great game against the Chiefs.

View attachment 300524

I AM rooting for the Titans, as well. They're the only team left that I like. And RB Henry has been awesome, I'd like to see him have another great game against the Chiefs.
I'd love to see that as well. I'd like to see them steamroll either the Pukers or Niners in the Super Bowl too.

All of you can go straight to hell, the 49ers will win it all. :lol:

The Titans are a feel-good underdog story, but I don't think they will be able to ride this all the way to a SB victory.

The Titans may well win it all. They put an unexpected beatdown on both New England and Baltimore. Teams they were told they couldn't beat.

Derrick Henry is a beast. He is 6'3", 247 and runs a 4.5. And he is incredibly durable. He also has been used to running the ball 40 to 50 times a game in college. His burst is very fast, and he has the strength to carry players.

Someone said "The moose that runs like a deer".

Tannehill is not anybody's idea of a great QB. But in the playoffs he has had some great throws that were gamechangers. Henry is a workhorse. But if you stack the line too much, Tannehill is capable of burning you deep.

Against 2 of the best defenses in the NFL, Henry rolled. It might be a matter of getting really hot at the right time.

The Titans may well win it all. They put an unexpected beatdown on both New England and Baltimore. Teams they were told they couldn't beat.

Derrick Henry is a beast. He is 6'3", 247 and runs a 4.5. And he is incredibly durable. He also has been used to running the ball 40 to 50 times a game in college. His burst is very fast, and he has the strength to carry players.

Someone said "The moose that runs like a deer".

Tannehill is not anybody's idea of a great QB. But in the playoffs he has had some great throws that were gamechangers. Henry is a workhorse. But if you stack the line too much, Tannehill is capable of burning you deep.

Against 2 of the best defenses in the NFL, Henry rolled. It might be a matter of getting really hot at the right time.

I agree 100% and I would only add that when the Chiefs played the Texans, almost all of their running game yards advanced on the ground all came from Mahomes! It would seem that without him (and he's a little guy one good tackle short of a trip to the hospital), that the Chiefs rely almost entirely on an air attack! That makes the great Chiefs pretty one-dimensional and with Henry running the ball pounding it to Kansas wearing them down as they eat up the clock, I anticipate Mr. Mahomes will be watching the game go by a lot on the bench where the only thing he can pass around is the Gatorade.

View attachment 300524

Smug quarterback???

Mahomes is super friendly to everyone all the time.

View attachment 300524

Smug quarterback???

You never noticed that he always seems to be smiling on the very of laughing? Even when he was down 24 points against Texas? Isn't that a sign or suggestion of smugness or confidence?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Most QBs look more serious. I guess Sunday will decide whether his confidence is justified.

View attachment 300524

Smug quarterback???

You never noticed that he always seems to be smiling on the very of laughing? Even when he was down 24 points against Texas? Isn't that a sign or suggestion of smugness or confidence?

View attachment 300902

Most QBs look more serious. I guess Sunday will decide whether his confidence is justified.

Insecure much?

View attachment 300524

Smug quarterback???

View attachment 300902

He is a super friendly happy go lucky young man. He smiles so he's smug?

Shallow

2019 Playoffs.jpg

Chiefs were the better team. SanFran owned them for the most part, but as the game wore on, their control seemed to tire and the Chiefs held in there and bounced back. SanFran never seemed to be able to rally it back together and the final blow IMO was with 1:20 left in the game when rather than just keep getting 1st downs and moving down the field eating up the clock to get an easy TD, for some reason, the 49ers and Garoppolo went for a Hell Mary which would have nailed it, but he overshot, missed, and that kept the Chiefs in the game and gave them the momentum back to finish.

View attachment 304173
Chiefs were the better team. SanFran owned them for the most part, but as the game wore on, their control seemed to tire and the Chiefs held in there and bounced back. SanFran never seemed to be able to rally it back together and the final blow IMO was with 1:20 left in the game when rather than just keep getting 1st downs and moving down the field eating up the clock to get an easy TD, for some reason, the 49ers and Garoppolo went for a Hell Mary which would have nailed it, but he overshot, missed, and that kept the Chiefs in the game and gave them the momentum back to finish.

That wasn't a Hail Mary. Sanders got open, Garroppolo took a shot, and he made a bad throw.

I think the real turning point was the 44 yard throw to Hill.

New Topics

Forum List

Back