Breaking -- Donald Agrees Not to Back Out of NAAFTA.

I tried to tell people, he's not the candidate you think he is... but did they listen? Nooooo...

The thing is...he's hitting the reality wall.

It's just like with Jimmy Carter - came in with his merry band of outsiders gonna change Washington. But it's not just Washington - it's realizing this stuff is a shit load more complicated then it looks when you're campaigning....

Reported on MSNBC. Trump stated in a telephone conversation with President Nieto and Prime Minister Trudeau today.

UPDATE (10:50 pm ET): President Donald Trump said he will not immediately quit NAFTA, according to a White House statement released late Wednesday evening. Instead, Trump will work with Mexico’s President Peña Nieto, and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to renegotiate the deal, the White House said in a readout of a call between the three leaders.

More: Trump Says He Will 'Renegotiate' NAFTA

Last edited:
After I read the Washington Post story about it, it didn't seem that big of deal. Just a negotiating tactic that I doubted Mexico or Canada would have fell for and which would have did harm to our American companies that cannot shift operations on a dime.

I tried to tell people, he's not the candidate you think he is... but did they listen? Nooooo...

The thing is...he's hitting the reality wall.

It's just like with Jimmy Carter - came in with his merry band of outsiders gonna change Washington. But it's not just Washington - it's realizing this stuff is a shit load more complicated then it looks when you're campaigning....

I feel a bit less crazy for I too have sensed a bit of déjà vu that had me thinking back to Jimmy Carter's administration.

He just keeps backing down and flip flopping.

Every foreign leader he has met owns him.

He's a hot mess. More of The Apprentice meets The Amateur Hour.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yes, killing jobs that gave the middle class upward mobility and an easy transition into wealth was a "no, no" per the Club of Rome that was formed in 1968 with Aurelio Peccei (a rich globalist commie) being the head of it to take down the middle class of all countries and they used the term "Limits To Growth" and "Sustainable Development" to justify the killing of the middle class while reaping huge profits for their multi-national corporations by using slave labor after they moved their corporations from countries that paid a living wage.The return to a feudalistic system is what they have always craved along with a soft-kill depopulation program of third world countries that have resources that globalists like Peccei, Kissinger,Brzezinski, Rockefellers,Rothschilds, Bush, etc, etc coveted.They did need a group of willing dupes and they were the pseudo liberals with communist leanings and they became the pawns. The very elites that the useful idiots claim to be against have used them like a pimp uses a crack whore.....it would be funny if I was watching this from afar. What the facts are is that pseudo liberals are not about bringing people up to a certain level but rather bringing others down. It;s not that they are pissed that some seem to have it so bad as they are pissed that some seem to have it too good and that they are "privileged".

Shillian claims to be a "lawyer", i.e a barrister which means that she has allegedly passed the BAR exam...what does the BAR stand for? "British Accredited Registry".....she works for the bankers under admiralty/statutory law and works with black robed "judges" that are nothing more than administrators for the bankers that own this country, specifically the IMF that took it into receivership in 1950 to provide the 19 enumerated services per their corporate charter "constitution" via the Act of 1871 that turned our "government" into a bankrupted corporate entity.......did I miss anything, Shillian? Why are all crimes monetized and have a financial value? What is a "bond"? Why is the birth certificate "monetized", Shillian? Could it be because we operate under admiralty law and that our sweat equity was pledged as surety against the debt per the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933? And that "da gubermint" made themselves the trustee of that bond by the Social Security Act? Yeah, I do believe that is the case.........rebuttal, (snicker) "Counselor"????

He said he would get rid of NAFTA and now he is renegotiating with Nieto and Trudeau.

Nothing on ACA, his EOs go into the gutter, Flynn is running from the Russians and the FBI and the Turks, Ivanka is more concerned with clothing than country, and so forth.

You Trumpertarians all said "give him a chance." Well?

• Trump has always over-promised and under-delivered.
  • His signature initiatives are either delayed or dead on arrival.
  • The Trump presidency, in its early days, is already looking like a failed effort.
Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt renegotiation: White House

One thing Trump does, he gives up then comes back from another direction. He gets what he wants.

I've used that technique myself.

One thing Trump does, he gives up then comes back from another direction. He gets what he wants.

Trump telephoned Justin Trudeau in regards to the softwood lumber mess, and the White House characterized the phone call as very friendly and very positive.

Trudeau said the call was neither friendly or positive, and that Canada will defend its lumber industry vigorously. After which Trump backed down on pulling out of NAFTA.

Canadians are talking about boycotting American imports in response to the lumber tariff.

Trump telephoned Justin Trudeau in regards to the softwood lumber mess, and the White House characterized the phone call as very friendly and very positive.

Trudeau said the call was neither friendly or positive, and that Canada will defend its lumber industry vigorously. After which Trump backed down on pulling out of NAFTA.

Canadians are talking about boycotting American imports in response to the lumber tariff.

NAFTA was disastrous for the middle class....can we at least agree on that?

If Trump tariffs the cars and trucks built there they will have to close plants.

Forum List

Back