BREAKING: Docs don't want the way they're paid to change

Well, if the physicians don't like it where are they going to go to practice?
The US, Mexico and Turkey are the only developed countries that don't have some form of socialized medicine for their core population.

Nowhere.

That is what is so funny about this whole "doctors are going to flee healthcare" thing.

It might push a few towards early retirement, but no one is going to leave the profession as long as they garner a reasonably fair wage for their efforts.

Yeah. This talk (what little of it is actually coming from doctors and hospitals) is 'briar patch' crap in my opinion. From everything I've seen, PPACA extends the overpayment of nearly everyone in the healthcare industry for much longer than a free market would have supported. The entire system is straining at the edge of an inflationary bubble that will pop without government intervention.

And of course it should pop. That's the relief we need more than anything. The primary problem with health care is that it costs too much. But letting the current system fail where it needs to fail would threaten the fortunes of those deeply invested in the status quo. They have significant influence over government and are now using it to maintain their control of the market, and their control of us.

Last edited:
The 100% main issue as to why HC costs rise is due to the obesity rate going up so dramatically and then these people vote for more welfare in HC.

That is an absurd over-simplification.

Oh? Care to debate on what the main causes for death and medication are here in America? You wana do this?

Any doctor worth a chit would make the case that 100 people randomly taken off the street that are in a healthy weight range will have dramatically less health issues and are on far (understatement) less prescription drugs than 100 obese people taken off the street.

The 100% main issue as to why HC costs rise is due to the obesity rate going up so dramatically and then these people vote for more welfare in HC.

Oh? Care to debate on what the main causes for death and medication are here in America? You wana do this?

Any doctor worth a chit would make the case that 100 people randomly taken off the street that are in a healthy weight range will have dramatically less health issues and are on far (understatement) less prescription drugs than 100 obese people taken off the street.

I can say with 100% certainty that it can't be summed up in a sentence.

I never said it could... I simply pointed out the main costs for why HC was rising, and I'm right. I don't pretend that if no one was obese that no one would use HC, it would simply be far less.

My wife is a pharmacist, it's pretty much just fat people taking drugs due to being fat and all the horrible side effects that come from that.

People will continue to get fatter if there is HC in place to help keep you alive. The moment the masses can’t afford HC to keep them a live despite destroying their body the costs in HC would be in freefall.

I never said it could... I simply pointed out the main costs for why HC was rising, and I'm right. I don't pretend that if no one was obese that no one would use HC, it would simply be far less.

My wife is a pharmacist, it's pretty much just fat people taking drugs due to being fat and all the horrible side effects that come from that.

People will continue to get fatter if there is HC in place to help keep you alive. The moment the masses can’t afford HC to keep them a live despite destroying their body the costs in HC would be in freefall.

You said obesity was 100% to blame for healthcare cost. That's absurd. At least you didn't say "defensive medicine". Part of the cost driver are good thing like advances in technology that make diagnosis more accurate but also increase cost. For example, if you think someone has a cervical spine fracture a CT is basically standard of care but is much more expensive than the traditional three view x ray.

Your view of HC as a diet modality is........... unique.

For anyone who is interested in understanding some of the root causes of our bludgeoning health care costs in America and dispelling many myth, here is a highly acclaimed article from 2009. It identifies a huge reason for our high costs...over-utilization.

b4e35fb446.jpg

Annals of Medicine
The Cost Conundrum

090601_r18533_p233.jpg

McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker

Forum List

Back