Breaking: Dakota Access Pipeline to be re-routed. Protestors win.

Will they protest when it gets rerouted? After all there was never any danger to the environment or their drinking supply. It's all about stirring up resentment and standing up against "big oil" and "corporations".

Well it is their land and if they don't want the pipe line on it then re routing is the best alternative.

Hell. That's what I would have done the minute the Tribe advised me that they didn't want the pipeline on their land.

It''s not on their land.

I thought this was on the reservation and therefor their land.
No its not on reservation land it just runs near it. A convenient omission don't you think.

Well if its not on their reservation then what the hell are they bitching about??
The Indians wanted to be paid for the pipeline passing near their land.

Paid??

Hell most Native Americans are completely dependent on the Govt. for everything and they want payment for a pipeline that passes near their reservation??

That's a bit much.

Oh and if they reroute it the Native Americans won't be the winners. In fact they are probably the losers since they wanted payment.

Will they protest when it gets rerouted? After all there was never any danger to the environment or their drinking supply. It's all about stirring up resentment and standing up against "big oil" and "corporations".

Well it is their land and if they don't want the pipe line on it then re routing is the best alternative.

Hell. That's what I would have done the minute the Tribe advised me that they didn't want the pipeline on their land.
IT DOES NOT CROSS THEIR LAND.

It''s not on their land.

Nope.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/23/us/dakota-access-pipeline-protest-map.html

It''s not on their land.

No its not on reservation land it just runs near it. A convenient omission don't you think.

Well if its not on their reservation then what the hell are they bitching about??

They claim they are worried about it leaking and getting into their water supply.

Claim. They are definately afraid of the pipeline leaking and destroying their drinking and irrigation water. As for the land, by a treaty never revoked, it is their land that the pipeline is on. And the pipeline was originally routed to go upstream from Bismark, but the people there said it was too dangerous for that was their drinking water. So they routed it just upstream from the boundry of the Standing Rock Reservation, because, after all, who cares about a bunch of Indians? Well, they have found out who cares.

Claim. They are definately afraid of the pipeline leaking and destroying their drinking and irrigation water. As for the land, by a treaty never revoked, it is their land that the pipeline is on. And the pipeline was originally routed to go upstream from Bismark, but the people there said it was too dangerous for that was their drinking water. So they routed it just upstream from the boundry of the Standing Rock Reservation, because, after all, who cares about a bunch of Indians? Well, they have found out who cares.
Its breathtaking isnt it ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back