Breaking: Berkeley Mayor Revealed As Member Of Antifa (It All Makes Sense Now)

so a member of an anti-fascist group on facebook is antifa, when in fact that antifa is a major characteristic of Alt Right neo-fascists in America.

He has the will of the people behind him

unfortunately, I have to agree with this

what is alarming is that he has demonstrated no interest in protecting all of the people, in fact, we have seen where the police were essentially standing down while riots & attacks were taking place

a free exchange of ideas is great, but when one side decides that the other deserves to be victims of violence & suppression, that's when we are on our way over the cliff (or maybe even already there in this instance)

so a member of an anti-fascist group on facebook is antifa, when in fact that antifa is a major characteristic of Alt Right neo-fascists in America.

anti fascist group that employs fascist techniques and bullying

seems legit

Did you ever wonder why these ANTIFA thugs are allowed to run wild and assault anyone they choose?

Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin is a member of the anti-fascist Facebook group, By Any Means Necessary, which orchestrated the riots that occurred ahead of a scheduled lecture by Milo Yiannopoulos. Berkley Mayor Jesse Arreguin was revealed to be a member of the anti-fascist group, By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), on Facebook. BAMN orchestrated the violence that shut down a scheduled lecture at UC Berkeley featuring Milo Yiannopoulos in early 2017. Arreguin is allegedly also friends with BAMN leader, Yvette Felarca, on Facebook. They were also involved in the violent clashes earlier this month.​

Anti-Facists should be taking down racists and facists everywhere. NEVER AGAIN.

He has the will of the people behind him

unfortunately, I have to agree with this

what is alarming is that he has demonstrated no interest in protecting all of the people, in fact, we have seen where the police were essentially standing down while riots & attacks were taking place

a free exchange of ideas is great, but when one side decides that the other deserves to be victims of violence & suppression, that's when we are on our way over the cliff (or maybe even already there in this instance)
So he stopped the police from committing massacres in the streets? Another good reason to keep him as Mayor.

Cities choosing sides is just the next step in the eventual split of the country. Cities making war on other cities is the natural progression.

If what you said were so, but there it is.

what is untrue?

the ANTIFA people go to rallies wearing hoods, covering their eyes with goggles & carrying mace

they are throwing rocks & light explosives (some harmless & some fairly dangerous - firecrackers, and even throwing a harmless firecracker into a crowd can be dangerous)

they riot & destroy property - these tactics are nothing less than attempts at intimidation to silence those they disagree with

I would call all of that "fascist tactics & bullying"

so, what do you disagree with here?

you want to talk about how some "conservatives or Trump voters" do it too?

I'll cede that, but MOST of it is coming from fringe leftists

If what you said were so, but there it is.

what is untrue?

the ANTIFA people go to rallies wearing hoods, covering their eyes with goggles & carrying mace

they are throwing rocks & light explosives (some harmless & some fairly dangerous - firecrackers, and even throwing a harmless firecracker into a crowd can be dangerous)

they riot & destroy property - these tactics are nothing less than attempts at intimidation to silence those they disagree with

I would call all of that "fascist tactics & bullying"

so, what do you disagree with here?

you want to talk about how some "conservatives or Trump voters" do it too?

I'll cede that, but MOST of it is coming from fringe leftists
dcbl, words have meanings. Even Limbaugh knows that. antifas are active on both sides of the political spectrum, hard left and neo-fascist alt right. The Mayor's facebook group is not antifa, but you seem to be defending the practice. Why is that? Be specific.

Did you ever wonder why these ANTIFA thugs are allowed to run wild and assault anyone they choose?

Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin is a member of the anti-fascist Facebook group, By Any Means Necessary, which orchestrated the riots that occurred ahead of a scheduled lecture by Milo Yiannopoulos. Berkley Mayor Jesse Arreguin was revealed to be a member of the anti-fascist group, By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), on Facebook. BAMN orchestrated the violence that shut down a scheduled lecture at UC Berkeley featuring Milo Yiannopoulos in early 2017. Arreguin is allegedly also friends with BAMN leader, Yvette Felarca, on Facebook. They were also involved in the violent clashes earlier this month.​
Good for him.

Anti-Facists should be taking down racists and facists everywhere. NEVER AGAIN.

ROFL! If anyone starts building concentration camps it will be a Democrat president.

Good for him.

Only a despicable douche bag would think it's good that a mayor is a member of a terrorist organization.

antifas are active on both sides of the political spectrum, hard left and neo-fascist alt right

I am not aware of any atifa groups that are active on the hard right side of the spectrum, sure, there are fringe groups on the right that are (dare I say) deplorable & I already ceded that point

can you link any info on right wing antifa activity?

The Mayor's facebook group is not antifa, but you seem to be defending the practice. Why is that? Be specific.

I am not really defending anything, or didn't mean to be - what makes you say that?

I am commenting on this article & thread & I am proclaiming my disgust for this mayor

I made the statement that cops were seen standing down while riots & violence were going on around them & I jumped to the conclusion that this was because of policies that came down from the top; again, assuming this came from City Hall/the mayor's office

Also, I did not comment on the mayor's membership (or lack thereof) in ANTIFA - as far as I know he is not an actual member; but he is a member of the BAMN facebook group. Being a member of a facebook group does not necessarily mean anything; but this mayor seems to be OK with fringe groups organizing for the purpose of perpetrating violence

Compare that with how Governor Kasich handled the Republican Convention last summer - no groups were denied the right to peacefully assemble, but it was made clear that violence, looting & riots would not be tolerated. I am sure that you recall that there were plenty of ugly scenes around the country with protesters & counter-protesters from both sides - most felt that there would be trouble. Trouble never materialized

There is no reason that the mayor of Berkeley (or the governor of California for that matter) could not put an end to this nonsense

So I am drawing the conclusion that they are OK with it & feel that it is helping them score political points

Lastly, actual violence, looting and rioting is being done mostly by fringe leftists groups. Groups that preach "tolerance & understanding". In fact, cases of actual violence started by right wing groups are rare

Is that specific enough?

dcbl's first statement immediately above disqualifies him from the discussion as any one who understand what is going on.

Yes, there are antifas on the far right and the neo-fascist alt right.

dcbl's first statement immediately above disqualifies him from the discussion as any one who understand what is going on.

Being unaware of right wing groups that identify themselves as ANTIFA disqualifies me from discussing this issue?

Come on Jake, you are better than that

Furthermore, your linked articles fail to show examples of any such groups - to be clear, I see nothing that mentions an alt-right group that identifies itself as "ANTIFA"

I hate to see you going down this road baw, as you are one of the few left leaning members that is worth debating on this forum...

Are we just tripping up on semantics here?

Because twice now I have ceded that there are right wing groups that employ similar tactics as the ANTIFA assholes

I also stated that instances where they start trouble and confront peaceful rallies of left leaning groups are rare, certainly not as common as what we see the other way

Care to refute that?

Yes, you had to concede.

And, yes, their are some antifas on the hard left.

The Mayor and the facebook are not among them.

Forum List

Back