Breaking: Barack Obama's Grandmother Passes

I just saw this thread.

It is a sad day when someone you were so close to dies. Then, to top it off, one of the most important days of your life is about to come to be, and that person is not alive to see it.

I'm sure he is secure in the knowledge of how proud his grandmother was of him.

Prayers and Peace.

Thats life for you, Your young ones grow up become successful and she dies the day before he could make history, very sad.

I see it more as her giving him a message, that there are more important things in life than being president. And she is absolutely right.

I am sure she saw history made when he won the nomination, and etc.

I'm surprised at some of you. You go on and on with all these hate-filled smears trying to torture the Senator to death and then suddenly act sympathetic when something bad happens just so you don't sound like a badguy. Be true to yourself.

It is very sad, but you shouldn't change your opinions of someone just because they're dead. If you really hated Obama and all of his supporters, as some of you've said you do, you'd be glad about his suffering. Be honest about your emotions.

Let this be a lesson that you should treat people with more respect, because life is short. Let this open your eyes to the fact that it is wrong of you and Senator McCain to cause so much anguish for an innocent man. If you really feel bad about this, you should change your ways for the better and do something to show that you care.

I feel bad about this because Senator Obama is an outstanding, kind, strong-willed man and I don't want him to suffer. I don't know the slightest thing about his grandmother, but if she was anything like him, she didn't deserve this.

I watched Obama speak tonight, and he looked like he was having a hard time of it.

It must be rough to have to go out and speak after someone so close to you dies.

You do realize that what you're doing, Nevadamedic and glockmail, pushes people to vote for Obama? Moderates and independents dislike these nasty, vicious smears and are less likely to vote for a candidate that creates so much unwarranted hate. Thanks for supporting Obama so strongly.

Thank you. My father died of cancer a few years ago. I spoke to him on a Monday. He was told he had about two weeks. I flew to see him two days later. He died before I arrived.

I can only assume Obama was told there was no need to drop everything but he should come within a few days.

I would still have preferred that Obama not do any interviews on her illness. I think this would have been a little classier but I don't have a big problem with it now. Nothing particularly wrong with politicians humanizing themselves.

As I've stated many times I like Obama as a personality. I just do not agree with his economic policies.

Peace.

Me, I can't stand Obama personally. I think while he is a charismatic individual, he's a liar and a manipulater and he reminds me of my jerk brother in law.

Okay, Obama wasn't there when his grandmother passed, but since he was there recently, he knew where things stood, where was his wife and kids? I can understand why he could have been there, but what about his kids, why couldn't they be there? Why didn't they take a last trip to see their great grandma?

Could it be that Obama wants his kids to have nothing to do with the white side of the family? Just like my jerk brother in law wants his kids to have nothing to do with the white side of their family? Funny, he had no problem with us when the kids were young and they needed babysitters but now that the kids are grown, he doesn't want his kids to have anything to do with us. Neither one of them came to see my mother when she was dying. Neither one of them were at my father's funeral or my mother's funeral. No Obama reminds me too much of my jerk brother in law. I don't like him at all.

Look at the way Obama treated his own aunt. Forget about the fact that she's here illegally and had been ordered deported...she's living in public housing and gave more than $250 to Obama's campaign. You don't take money from your family that's so poor they have to be in public housing, you GIVE money to them. Again, Obama reminds me too much of my jerk brother in law for me to like him.

Before you all call me racist, I love my nieces, always have and I have another niece that married a black man and he's terrific. I have a cousin that married a black man too, and I like him as well. My brother in law isn't a jerk because he's black, he's just a jerk who uses his race for an excuse to be a jerk.

You do realize that what you're doing, Nevadamedic and glockmail, pushes people to vote for Obama? Moderates and independents dislike these nasty, vicious smears and are less likely to vote for a candidate that creates so much unwarranted hate. Thanks for supporting Obama so strongly.
What smears? And who hasn't made up their mind yet? :eusa_whistle:

I'm surprised at some of you. You go on and on with all these hate-filled smears trying to torture the Senator to death and then suddenly act sympathetic when something bad happens just so you don't sound like a badguy. Be true to yourself.

It is very sad, but you shouldn't change your opinions of someone just because they're dead. If you really hated Obama and all of his supporters, as some of you've said you do, you'd be glad about his suffering. Be honest about your emotions.

Let this be a lesson that you should treat people with more respect, because life is short. Let this open your eyes to the fact that it is wrong of you and Senator McCain to cause so much anguish for an innocent man. If you really feel bad about this, you should change your ways for the better and do something to show that you care.

I feel bad about this because Senator Obama is an outstanding, kind, strong-willed man and I don't want him to suffer. I don't know the slightest thing about his grandmother, but if she was anything like him, she didn't deserve this.

Very few of us HATE Obama. Just because we do not think he is the right man for President does not mean hate. That is just a claim by the left. I got to visit my Mom just before she died. I had been in Okinawa for 3 years came home on leave on way to new duty Station and spent a week with her. She died a week after I left for my new Station from an anarism.

Good that he saw her before she died.

Me, I can't stand Obama personally. I think while he is a charismatic individual, he's a liar and a manipulater and he reminds me of my jerk brother in law.

Okay, Obama wasn't there when his grandmother passed, but since he was there recently, he knew where things stood, where was his wife and kids? I can understand why he could have been there, but what about his kids, why couldn't they be there? Why didn't they take a last trip to see their great grandma?

Could it be that Obama wants his kids to have nothing to do with the white side of the family? Just like my jerk brother in law wants his kids to have nothing to do with the white side of their family? Funny, he had no problem with us when the kids were young and they needed babysitters but now that the kids are grown, he doesn't want his kids to have anything to do with us. Neither one of them came to see my mother when she was dying. Neither one of them were at my father's funeral or my mother's funeral. No Obama reminds me too much of my jerk brother in law. I don't like him at all.

Look at the way Obama treated his own aunt. Forget about the fact that she's here illegally and had been ordered deported...she's living in public housing and gave more than $250 to Obama's campaign. You don't take money from your family that's so poor they have to be in public housing, you GIVE money to them. Again, Obama reminds me too much of my jerk brother in law for me to like him.

Before you all call me racist, I love my nieces, always have and I have another niece that married a black man and he's terrific. I have a cousin that married a black man too, and I like him as well. My brother in law isn't a jerk because he's black, he's just a jerk who uses his race for an excuse to be a jerk.
Have you ever watched someone die? Well I have about twenty times and I am sure Obama did not want this daughters to see their grandma going through that. Dying from cancer is not all sunshine and flowers!

Have you ever watched someone die? Well I have about twenty times and I am sure Obama did not want this daughters to see their grandma going through that. Dying from cancer is not all sunshine and flowers!

His daughters have not been to see the great grandmother for the entire campaign. Yes, I watched people die. I lost my mother to lung cancer, she was given 3 months and was gone 10 days later, My aunt died recently. My father's death was sudden but had we known it was coming you can bet I would have been there WITH my kids to see him one last time.

My jerk brother in law, who wouldn't let my mother talk to her daughter for two years, all of a sudden showed up when my mother was dying. Guess he wanted to make sure he and my sister got their share of the estate. Neither one of their daughters (both college age) bothered to come and see her and neither one of them came to my mother or my fathers funerals and yes, I blame my jerk brother in law because of that. Obama reminds me way too much of my jerk brother in law. I feel for the people who cared about Obama's grandmother but I sincerely doubt his daughters or his wife cared one whit and I think Obama made sure of that.

His daughters have not been to see the great grandmother for the entire campaign. Yes, I watched people die. I lost my mother to lung cancer, she was given 3 months and was gone 10 days later, My aunt died recently. My father's death was sudden but had we known it was coming you can bet I would have been there WITH my kids to see him one last time.

My jerk brother in law, who wouldn't let my mother talk to her daughter for two years, all of a sudden showed up when my mother was dying. Guess he wanted to make sure he and my sister got their share of the estate. Neither one of their daughters (both college age) bothered to come and see her and neither one of them came to my mother or my fathers funerals and yes, I blame my jerk brother in law because of that. Obama reminds me way too much of my jerk brother in law. I feel for the people who cared about Obama's grandmother but I sincerely doubt his daughters or his wife cared one whit and I think Obama made sure of that.

Still, I agree with Luissa on this one. I was raised by my grandparents half my childhood. I could do with memory erasure on the last time I saw her. That wasn't my grandmother ... it was a human animal waiting to die but hanging on for that last gasp.

I would NEVER subject my kids to that. I would prefer to remember my grandmother as she was before she got sick.

Still, I agree with Luissa on this one. I was raised by my grandparents half my childhood. I could do with memory erasure on the last time I saw her. That wasn't my grandmother ... it was a human animal waiting to die but hanging on for that last gasp.

I would NEVER subject my kids to that. I would prefer to remember my grandmother as she was before she got sick.
I am glad I saw my Grandma about four months before she went when she was younger because she got really bad. I remember her as strong!
One of the reasons I quit my last job is because I couldn't watch the people slowly die anymore and which is why I voted for death with dignity in my state!

Forum List

Back