Breaking: Barack Obama's Grandmother Passes

She seemed like an amazing lady. I'm sorry for the family's loss.

It is indeed a sad day in the Obama campaign.

His beloved Grandmother as well as his Nevada campaign Head Terrance Tolbert (44 years old ,heart attack)also died today.

So sad these two could not see Obama sworn in as president.

What a difficult moment for Barack.

Kudos to Paperboy for owning up to being wrong.

it so sad to know that his beloved Grandmother didn't live to see this journey to it's end. But I'm sure Barack Obama and his family take comfort knowing they have one more angel looking over them.

Thats life for you, Your young ones grow up become successful and she dies the day before he could make history, very sad.
That is what I was thinking! I am sad for his loss also and tomorrow if he wins it will be bittersweet for him.

I just gained a bit of respect for you.

Sad day for Obama on the verge of his breatest accomplishment.

Thank you. My father died of cancer a few years ago. I spoke to him on a Monday. He was told he had about two weeks. I flew to see him two days later. He died before I arrived.

I can only assume Obama was told there was no need to drop everything but he should come within a few days.

I would still have preferred that Obama not do any interviews on her illness. I think this would have been a little classier but I don't have a big problem with it now. Nothing particularly wrong with politicians humanizing themselves.

As I've stated many times I like Obama as a personality. I just do not agree with his economic policies.

Peace.

Last edited:
If she had just lived one more day, she could have seen her grandson elected as President of the United States. It is sad, but she lived a good and long life. I'm glad Obama was able to visit her just before she died.

If she had just lived one more day, she could have seen her grandson elected as President of the United States. It is sad, but she lived a good and long life. I'm glad Obama was able to visit her just before she died.

Very sad. :(

Forum List

Back