Breaking Bad- July 17th

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
any fans out there?

Season 4 coming up...

walter-jesse-1.jpg

This show is really well done. Some of the best acting and writing I've seen on television. But it's proven hard for me to watch regularly.

I'm not usually one to require a 'happy ending', and I'm generally ok with a well done 'anti-hero', but damn - this guy just gets less and less 'likeable' as the story progresses. I should say, I'm only half way through the second season, so maybe things change. And I do plan to watch more (so no spoilers, please), but it definitely pushes my limits in terms of 'ugly'.

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel?

This show reminds me of The Wire.

Not that they are similar in any way, just that they are both shows I hear(d) a lot of good things about but somehow never got around to watching. :lol:

This show is really well done. Some of the best acting and writing I've seen on television. But it's proven hard for me to watch regularly.

I'm not usually one to require a 'happy ending', and I'm generally ok with a well done 'anti-hero', but damn - this guy just gets less and less 'likeable' as the story progresses. I should say, I'm only half way through the second season, so maybe things change. And I do plan to watch more (so no spoilers, please), but it definitely pushes my limits in terms of 'ugly'.

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel?

yes and no, but I would say its the journey that counts.And mid 2nd season? oh buy you're ion for some more shocks to the system..;)

did you ever watch the wire?

This show reminds me of The Wire.

Not that they are similar in any way, just that they are both shows I hear(d) a lot of good things about but somehow never got around to watching. :lol:

imho the wire was the best series I have ever watched, hands down, period, ever.

that they shortened the last season and had to hurry the story to an end sucked, but they did a goods job, my wife and I have re watched it twice, it never gets old.

Been watching more of this. Just incredible.

On one level, I'm really impressed the way they've taken all the subtle psychological issues that everyone goes through when they face death - and amplified them through the lens of violent crime.

More superficially, the way they've basically tricked me into rooting for the character I originally hated the most (Hank).

Very nicely done.

Forum List

Back