BREAKING: 3 Pittsburgh Police Officers shot to death

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Police: 3 cops shot, killed in Pittsburgh | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

PITTSBURGH— A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call this morning, killing three of them, a police official said. Friends said he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard would only say that at least five officers were wounded, but would not give any other details.

Police planned to release more details at a mid-afternoon news conference today.

The man who fired at the officers was arrested after a several-hour standoff. One witness reported hearing hundreds of shots.

The shootings occurred just two weeks after four police officers were fatally shot March 21 in Oakland, California, in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001.

Police did not immediately release the gunman's identity, but his friends at the scene described him as a young man who thought the Obama administration would ban guns.

One friend, Edward Perkovic, said the gunman feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon." Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said the gunman feared that President Barack Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was the gunman's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

Like I said, all too many of these people that put guns on a pedastal are very close to going over the edge. An assault rifle, body armor, ect. He had obviously planned this. And we seem to see this on a weekly basis now. Something in our society is very sick.

Like I said, all too many of these people that put guns on a pedastal are very close to going over the edge. An assault rifle, body armor, ect. He had obviously planned this. And we seem to see this on a weekly basis now. Something in our society is very sick.

What's sick is morons like you politicizing a tragedy.

The LUNATIC fringe...a.k.a. Republicans...
bachmann.jpg

BACHMANN: And really now in Washington, I’m a foreign correspondent in enemy lines. And I try to keep everyone back here in Minnesota know exactly the nefarious activities that are taking place in Washington. […]

I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us, having a revolution every now and then is a good thing, and the people - we the people - are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States.

The killer himself was politically motivated. What made him don that vest and load his weapons, knowing the police were on their way up the sidewalk ?
Bullets are not political. The person who aims at a cop because he has BEEN CONVINCED his rights are in jeopardy, and so he is justified in shooting at cops. THAT was political.
Hope not too many 4-15 Tea Parties don't get called off by the local police departments.

Helllooo... 3 fucking cops were killed. Anyone give a shit about that??

That is sad, yes, but to use it as political weight in an issue is wrong as well. Rock Head was stooping to a new low with his response.

I don't like hearing of any cops getting killed or harmed on duty, it saddens me a lot because they are the last line of defense, they put their lives on the line everyday trying to keep the peace and uphold the law, and they are always the ones blamed when something goes wrong.

However, this in no way supports excessive gun control, and should not have been brought into that context in any way. The only reason we hear about it is because the psycho that killed them used a gun, however, this is only one in a hundred such stories, most cops are killed or harmed by autos, some by knives. Rarely are they actually harmed by law abiding gun owners and never the sane ones.

EDIT: As well as the others who take this into the political fray.

Oh spare us your sanctimonious nonsense would ya? It's not politicizing a tragedy to wonder what it is about gun queers.

Another freaking gun queer loses it and starts dinging innocent people.

Something in our society encourages these neurotic dipshits who give ALL OTHER gun owners a bad name.

One doesn't have to want to take away people's guns to understand that these fruitcakes need to be discoved and disarmed before they masterbate themselves and innocent people to death with their deadly phallic obsessions.

Please don't expect us to believe that responsible gun owners never question what the hell it means that so many of your gun queer brethern go on these shooting rampages.

Keep your guns but for god's sakes

But if you ARE a responsible gun owner, then these gun queers should be pissing YOU OFF far more than they do the rest of us.

Last edited:

Oh spare us your sanctimonious nonsense would ya? It's not politicizing a tragedy to wonder what it is about gun queers.

Something in our society encourages these neurotic dipshits who give ALL OTHER gun owners a bad name.

One doesn't have to want to take away people's guns to understand that these fruitcakes need to be discoved and disarmed before they masterbate themselves and innocent people to death with their deadly phallic obsessions.

Please don't expect us to believe that responsible gun owners never question what the hell it means that so many of your gun queer brethern go on these shooting rampages.

Keep your guns but for god's sakes, but if you ARE a responsible gun owner, then these gun queers should be pissing YOU OFF far more than they do the rest of us.

Bullshit. He was insinuating that people who take interpret the second amendment literally like I do are equivalent to this maniac.

Yes. Those cops did not deserve that recpetion, that violence.
The recent events will result in some serious discussion in police departments across the country. Every situation no matter how innocuous will be approached as potentially deadly.
It could result in crackdowns on black market and gun show and other sources of cop killer tools, vests, assault rifles, armor piercing bullets, grenades.
But those are already around in huge amounts.

How do we honor these dead public servants ?

Keep your guns but for god's sakes, but if you ARE a responsible gun owner, then these gun queers should be pissing YOU OFF far more than they do the rest of us.

Sure it pisses me off when idiots act like this. That doesn't excuse a different kind of idiot from talking out his ass.

Yes. Those cops did not deserve that recpetion, that violence.
The recent events will result in some serious discussion in police departments across the country. Every situation no matter how innocuous will be approached as potentially deadly.
It could result in crackdowns on black market and gun show and other sources of cop killer tools, vests, assault rifles, armor piercing bullets, grenades.
But those are already around in huge amounts.

How do we honor these dead public servants ?

Domestic violence calls are already considered the most dangerous so-called routine situations police regularly encounter.

This guy obviously has something wrong in his head. If you are convicted for domestic violence, you lose your right to own a firearm. If you are convicted for murder you also lose the right to own a firearm.

His actions hastened what he allegedly feared most, and Obama had nothing to do with it.

Bullshit. He was insinuating that people who take interpret the second amendment literally like I do are equivalent to this maniac.

The bodies aren't even cold and they are already starting on this shit.

Unbelievable!

Yea David I give a shit...they probably have a wife and kids...

Hey David...do YOU give a shit when a police officer handcuffs a "suspect" and then beats the shit out of him?

Forum List

Back