Breakin' it down...

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Here's an explanation of how we got into the economic situation we are in. It's in a format understandable to most third graders, so even the libtards should "get it".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU&lc=dfxWTkOlqnmczWE__npRF34Ls6jQWCyA-ANzbD_oAKk&context=C3bb21e7ADOEgsToPDskKA6_hG8Nxy6Tae0N00w78r]The American Dream By The Provocateur Network - YouTube[/ame]

Here's an explanation of how we got into the economic situation we are in. It's in a format understandable to most third graders, so even the libtards should "get it".

29 minutes 55 seconds? Are you serious?

OK, I'll grant you, it may exceed the attention span of most liberal/progressive voters...

OK, I'll grant you, it may exceed the attention span of most liberal/progressive voters...

Most 3rd graders too.

Not the third-graders I've home-schooled. I don't buy that ADD, or whatever alphabet excuse is given nowadays. We need to quit making excuses and start demanding performance.
By watching cartoons on the Internet?

I'll help you out. There are many causes and many effects of the economic crisis of '08.

Dump mark to market accounting the problem never happens again.

But, btw, ADD is real. And so are alot of other things that people want to pretend don't exist.

The minute one simplifies the explanation of such a complex event such that everyone can "get it"?

One loses the details that actually are necessary to "get it".

Here's two books I've read in hopes of understanding what happened.

Amazon.com: Real Estate Bubble - Joseph E. Stiglitz: Books

BARNES & NOBLE | The Great Unraveling: Losing Our Way in the New Century by Paul Krugman, Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc. | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook

Having read these books, I think I have a thumbnail sketch of the problems and events that lead up to the RE meltdown and the ensuing DEBT crises that it caused, too.

But note that even after reading these two economists' tomes on this subject, I think I merely have a clue about how it happened.

But, btw, ADD is real. And so are alot of other things that people want to pretend don't exist.

We need to stop pretending so many things exist that are made of whole cloth. It's pretty amazing how the human race managed to make it through the first few millennia without being inflicted with a bunch of headcase bullshit.
Really? And people used to be dead by age 40 too. We existed without clean water or immunizations or appendectomies too.

The minute one simplifies the explanation of such a complex event such that everyone can "get it"?

Plus it isn't funny. If it was a South Park explanation of what happened in '08 then it would be worth the 29 minutes 55 seconds. It's just some stupid cartoon with no jokes.

I will be on the right when the right is right on on the left when the left is right.

The first 5 seconds was about living above your means. Pretty basic stuff that our grandparents tried to teach us but society told us how good it was to get into debt over everything. I was continually told how "stupid" i was to pay off my house.

The first 5 seconds was about living above your means. Pretty basic stuff that our grandparents tried to teach us but society told us how good it was to get into debt over everything. I was continually told how "stupid" i was to pay off my house.
Market values dropped for houses that are paid off too. I don't know if you knew that or not.

Forum List

Back