"Break Him"

The republicans tried to break Clinton and nearly did and the democrats tried to break Bush and nearly did.

It's not racist to break someone, crush them, stomp them, bring the down, make them crack. That's called politics

You are so FOOLISH...so far gone that you come in with this absolutely LUDICROUS argument about "Beck did it first" as if Obama did it.

WoW!!

You are one sick puppy.

g-w-bailey1.jpg

The republicans tried to break Clinton and nearly did and the democrats tried to break Bush and nearly did.

It's not racist to break someone, crush them, stomp them, bring the down, make them crack. That's called politics

Yes, yes, thats all nice and good. But I did not hear ANYTHING like that during those times.

This dog-whistling is beyond the pale.

When last was a term such as this used in political or public discourse?

Other than a dog-whistle to those racists that used it back in the days where they actually used tacticts (sp) such as "breaking a negro" slave to do their bidding?

Anyone?

Wasn't that term used in the Paul Newman movie called, "Cool Hand Luke"?? I hated that movie. It was so sadistic. Paul Newman was in jail and he would not obey, "the boss". But the boss said he would break him. He tortured him and beat him so badly until Newman begged him to stop. It was inhuman.

Other than a dog-whistle to those racists that used it back in the days where they actually used tacticts (sp) such as "breaking a negro" slave to do their bidding?

Anyone?

Wasn't that term used in the Paul Newman movie called, "Cool Hand Luke"?? I hated that movie. It was so sadistic. Paul Newman was in jail and he would not obey, "the boss". But the boss said he would break him. He tortured him and beat him so badly until Newman begged him to stop. It was inhuman.

you people need to get a fucking grip,,it was a movie.. jeeeeezus..

He's trying to link DeMint's comments concerning Obamacare to slavery thus labeling DeMint a racist.
Trying...?

While the Tea Baggers made themselves crystal clear this past weekend, I believe MarcATL is stretching. I don't believe DeMint was being racist. He was just being an obstructionist asshole.

Dude...I asked a SIMPLE question and have not received not ONE response. When last was such words and terms used to describe ANYONE in the public or political arena?

The last time those terms were used so loosely were in the days of Tobay/Kunta Kinte.

Is anything I've said thus far false?

Stretching you say? You really are blind to these matters aren't you?

Its a dog-whitle call to those in the know. The older generation blacks and whites a like know and respond to such calls. And the younger generation that knows their history as well.

What are they teaching in schools anyway?

Oh yeah...I forgot how they basically gloss over slavery.

What a crime.

"Stretching..."

*SMH
:rolleyes:

It was only used back in the seventies when they filmed Roots?

Anyone?

you people need to get a fucking grip,,it was a movie.. jeeeeezus..

What are you talking about?? I was answering the man's question, you sawed-off, ignorant, useless, little twit!!!

Now Marc says Palin is a racist? See? This is exactly what I mean... throws the word around so much it is a joke anymore. Grow up Marc.... you can't win arguments by calling everybody a racist.
STOP LYING!

POST where I called Palin a racist.

I stated that the racists got their asses handed to them, BECAUSE Palin lost.

She came with a Dog Whistle around her neck...."Obama pals around with terrorists" and took off from there with worse and worse rhetoric.

GTFOH!!!

Another OP providing evidence Rahm Emanuel was correct in labeling Dems "fucking retards"

Anyone?

Hopefully every day at Gitmo.

Especially during waterboarding.

Sooo....you play Monopoly on a national level?
You asked for PUBLIC use of the term. The student union was open to the public, thus anything said there was said in public. If you doubt that go down to your local college or university (google for directions if you've never been) enter their Student Union (or activity center or whatever they are calling it nowadays) and inquire of the security guard if taking off your clothes would get you arrested for PUBLIC indecency.

So I have used the term in PUBLIC
Naturally I wanted the target Broken - in other words their power destroyed and them removed from the game. Sounds like a fine goal for an opposition politician - to break the leadership of the other party.

OK Chuck,

A technicality, but don't act like you don't know what it has been used for for at least a good century.

Hey Marc

I think you are reading too much into DeMint's Statements.

DeMint is a power hungry politician--all our representatives/Senators/President are. At times, they will make comments illustrating their intentions. DeMint wish to "break Obama" because in doing so, the republicans are facing weak Democratic leadership. This helps them in their bid to regain Congress and eventually the Whitehouse. This was probably reported through right wing media to help inform their base of the goals.

(Politically)Break Obama, and America returns to Conservatism!​

Does not my interpretation of DeMint's statement sound more logical than yours?

Hey Marc

DeMint is a power hungry politician--all our representatives/Senators/President are. At times, they will make comments illustrating their intentions. DeMint wish to "break Obama" because in doing so, the republicans are facing weak Democratic leadership. This helps them in their bid to regain Congress and eventually the Whitehouse. This was probably reported through right wing media to help inform their base of the goals.

I can understand how it may seem "innocent" to you, but the term is quite loaded.

Millions of older-generationals recognized it instantly.

Don't believe me, just have a chat with your nearest 50-60+ er.

It didn't hit me right away, as I'm not of the older generation, however, after some thought and consideration...it struck me.

At the very LEAST it was insensitive.

Hey Marc

I can understand how it may seem "innocent" to you, but the term is quite loaded.

Millions of older-generationals recognized it instantly.

Don't believe me, just have a chat with your nearest 50-60+ er.

It didn't hit me right away, as I'm not of the older generation, however, after some thought and consideration...it struck me.

At the very LEAST it was insensitive.

tissue?

What's logic got to do with it? We need to play the Chance card. Oops sorry Monopoly reference, I meant the Race card. My bad.

Forum List

Back