Breadless sandwich ideas?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Can't find gluten free bread around here so I am trying to think of something else to do with my thin turkey slices. Last few nights I have had ground turkey tacos in corn tortillas..and they were delish. But now I want to do something different and I have a bunch of the deli turkey. Any ideas?

Can't find gluten free bread around here so I am trying to think of something else to do with my thin turkey slices. Last few nights I have had ground turkey tacos in corn tortillas..and they were delish. But now I want to do something different and I have a bunch of the deli turkey. Any ideas?

If you have turkey, you need cheddar cheese and a couple Portobello mushrooms.

• Banned
Shrooms!!! I didn't think of that!
I tried the lettuce wrap with tuna in it for lunch. Yuck.

Turkey roll ups.

Slice of meat (or two overlapped to make it longer) cheese and tomato and lettuce.... roll it up and eat it.

• Banned

Turkey roll ups.

Slice of meat (or two overlapped to make it longer) cheese and tomato and lettuce.... roll it up and eat it.

Finger sammiches! That's what I will have for dinner! Thank you. :eusa_clap:

I'd kill for a chocolate chip cookie. Gluten free.

My son was g/f for about 4 years or so. I bake all the time so I would just substitute Bette Hagman's g/f flour combo.

2 parts white rice flour
2/3 part potato starch flour (make sure it says starch not just potato flour)
1/3 part tapioca starch

I would make a big batch of this and for every cup I used in a recipe I would add 1 tspn. xanthan gum. I would make Stromboli with it, rolls, pizzas. Pretty versatile. I used it to bake too. The choc chip cookies were pretty good . . the texture was slightly different than with regular flour but they were good. Peanut butter cookies . . I couldn't tell the difference, the taste and texture were the same.

You can use this for a direct substitute for wheat flour in nearly any recipe.

I got this and several other recipes from the book "Special Diets for Special Kids" back when my son was g/f. There are lots more books/choices out there now, in addition to being able to find g/f products in regular grocery stores. You may have to go to a whole foods type store for the flours and xanthan gum though . . . but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Nummy nummy that was good!!!

5 slices thin deli turkey slices
5 small slices of cheese
quick made salsa of taco bell hot sauce packet mixed in with diced tomatoes and onions.
5 slices avacado

Wrapped each one with all ingredients. Stuff in face. :clap2:

Hmm, how about a turkey wrap, avacado, onion, cilantro, fat free cream cheese (or cottage cheese), and sliced tomatoes. salt/pepper, all wrapped in a flour tortilla. Pin your roll & set in the refrig over night.

That sounds good!
But in the meantime, I found a grocery store near me in the next town that carries gluten free products. Until I get there, I've been making pancakes that are gluten free (biscquik GF) really thin like crepes and hav been using those as sandwich bread.

Observed a neighbour eating a lettuce and bologna sandwich this very day. Two large leaves of lettuce with two slices of bologna between them. I believe the yellow substance dripping from the edge was mustard. The lady, though, grows her own lettuce and various spices so I cannot be certain it was mustard.

That sounds good!
But in the meantime, I found a grocery store near me in the next town that carries gluten free products. Until I get there, I've been making pancakes that are gluten free (biscquik GF) really thin like crepes and hav been using those as sandwich bread.

Ahh. I like crepes.

Ex was in to bread making a few years back. Gives him something to do and he LOVES breads. Maybe I'll see if I can find another one for him and he can bake us up a batch. Thanks for the idea, Annie!

Ex was in to bread making a few years back. Gives him something to do and he LOVES breads. Maybe I'll see if I can find another one for him and he can bake us up a batch. Thanks for the idea, Annie!

While it's a pretty pricey machine, she asked me to order it for her, for me. LOL! I've Amazon Prime, (no shipping), she bought it on sale for under $80 bucks, like less than 1/2 of Macy's and such! Shop, use Prime.

Forum List

Back