Bread machine

Discussion in 'Food & Wine' started by miketx, May 21, 2018.

1. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Educating Libs Since 1978

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,974
    Years old one of a different mfg, but I still love the little tike filling the house with the smell of fresh bread.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,096
    AND you don't have to heat the whole house...AND you can still use the stove for something else if you're cooking a meal.

I have loved my breadmakers, they were worth the money for the period of time I used them..I was able to work and provide my family with homebaked bread A LOT with minimal mess and bother.

I love bread. I don't know if it's the bread itself I love, or the fact that it can be used to shovel other stuff..like heavenly masses of BUTTER and JAMS and HONEY...or sometimes mayo and sammich stuff....into my head.

I make pretty good bread and like I said, I've made a lot of it including in industrial kitchens (but even more in my own I think).

I miss my bread machine, I should get another one. And I'm saying that even though I did without a microwave for more than a year to save counter space in the same kitchen.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,860
    Plus there are no nasty preservatives!

4. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,096
    Yeah there is a downside to that...

Homemade bread is delish when it's fresh.

It's only fresh for about a day, and it does and will dry out and mold much faster than store bought.

I made bread fro years instead of buying it...it was easier and cheaper for me to do so when the kids were little. I was going through about 25 lbs of flour every 6 weeks or so.

They HATED homemade bread in their lunches. So funny because my mom said she did too...and her mother made beautiful bread.

I think homemade bread sammiches are the best thing ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,860
    True that. But what i plant to do is make about one 1.5 lb loaf every 4 or 5 days and that should do us fine. It's just my wife and I and the cat, and he don't don't like it!

• Winner Winner x 1