Bravo Mr. Dyson

Yes, that is correct. And I have seen it myself. However, with a warming Arctic, it would be more common. However, the Inuit have live in an environment for untold generations that required exceptional observation of the natural phenomona around them simply just to survive. They are seeing this phenomonem at a time of the year that they have nor previously seen it.

And they also have noted, and in many cases, documented, other changes that they are seeing.

Global Warming Changing Inuit Lands, Lives, Arctic Expedition Shows

Yes, that is correct. And I have seen it myself. However, with a warming Arctic, it would be more common. However, the Inuit have live in an environment for untold generations that required exceptional observation of the natural phenomona around them simply just to survive. They are seeing this phenomonem at a time of the year that they have nor previously seen it.

And they also have noted, and in many cases, documented, other changes that they are seeing.

Off topic but it is cool that you have seen a superior mirage first hand.

That and the aurora borealis * are two things I would love to see when (and if) I get to Alaska.

I saw a red aurora once in Missouri several years ago...looking forward to seeing green, blue and purple.

Tucson has these eerie flashes of light from lightening strikes about once every couple of years. They hit the mountains just right and it's blinding, takes about 3 seconds of vision away. You swear the whole world just vanishes for those few seconds. It's rare though and hard to catch, even spawn many of those conspiracy theories there like "alien visitors" and "government experiments" ... but it's just lightening, cool though.

Off topic but it is cool that you have seen a superior mirage first hand.

That and the aurora borealis * are two things I would love to see when (and if) I get to Alaska.

I saw a red aurora once in Missouri several years ago...looking forward to seeing green, blue and purple.

My wife and I took a trip up to Yellowknife, NWT, in '75. We stopped and camped at Peace River in Northern Alberta on the way back, and an absolutely amazing display of the aurora. It is something one should see at least once in one's lifetime.

Tucson has these eerie flashes of light from lightening strikes about once every couple of years. They hit the mountains just right and it's blinding, takes about 3 seconds of vision away. You swear the whole world just vanishes for those few seconds. It's rare though and hard to catch, even spawn many of those conspiracy theories there like "alien visitors" and "government experiments" ... but it's just lightening, cool though.

Now that is interesting. Had not heard of that before. Would really like to see it.

Cloud Pictures, Cumulonimbus Clouds, Lightning Pictures, Wallpaper -- National Geographic

Tried to find a google referance to it, but could not. Did find this wonderful picture of lighting over Tucson.

Now that is interesting. Had not heard of that before. Would really like to see it.

Cloud Pictures, Cumulonimbus Clouds, Lightning Pictures, Wallpaper -- National Geographic

Tried to find a google referance to it, but could not. Did find this wonderful picture of lighting over Tucson.

It's just an eerie effect when you are ground level and it's night. Stoners come up with more of the conspiracy crap so it's no wonder there is nothing of it online. I just know that the first time I saw it I paused a moment, it was just too odd. Most desert cities have some strange phenomenon like that caused by lightening. With Tucson it has to do with the lightening being on the mountains normally, probably a little of the sheet lightening combining with it, hard to tell really because it happens most when you aren't paying attention. I experienced it twice the time I was there and thought it was all in my head until I heard some natives chatting about it.

Missouri, talk to the Inuit about global warming. You will find that they are not at all thrilled by it. Even to the point of having the sun appear earlier in the spring than it used to.

:lol::lol::lol:

No words necessary on this latest gem of a contribution!

:lol::lol::lol:

6a00e5514d9da688340112791ab44f28a4-800wi

Old Rocks contemplates his next brilliant missive supporting his Inuit-based theory of man-made global warming...

Forum List

Back