Bravo, Charles Barkley

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

Charles Barkley Blacks Brainwashed To Keep Black Men Down The Daily Caller

Last edited:
Very interesting perspective. Sad if true. Thanks for sharing.

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

Charles Barkley Blacks Brainwashed To Keep Black Men Down The Daily Caller

He's absolutely right. And kudos to Charles for criticising it!

That's why Applesauce and I were exchanging posts

I'm not Black enough in his estimation.

And Gummo's.

:D

I would disagree only where he says "it's a dirty, dark secret".

It really isn't. The problem is the Left will either deny it or deflect away from it, which retards progress.

There's a long way to go here, a lot of damage to undo. But we take what we can get.

It really isn't. The problem is the Left will either deny it or deflect away from it, which retards progress.

There's a long way to go here, a lot of damage to undo. But we take what we can get.

No offense or anything, but all White folks can do is to encourage US to get OUR shit together.

The work rests with US to do.

And don't anyone hold their breaths.

You have seen how stubborn "stupid" can be to eliminate.

Barkley is exactly right.

What is worse than blacks denigrating fellow blacks for succeeding?

It is the D party, race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson, and much of the media and academia who not only refuse to expose this problem and work to prevent it, but foster racial division and government dependency.

It is all very dysfunctional.

Last edited:
Until I read this comment, I considered Barkley to be one of the stupidest and most annoying sports analysts on TV...and I am a lifelong Suns fan, which would normally make me predisposed to liking our former players. He is dead-on right with this comment though.

It will be interesting to see if the Left turns on Barkley...they tend to be extremely intolerant.

If you look just a few posts above, you'll find someone who normally gets categorized as "left" who just became a Charles Barkley fan because of his comments.

Perhaps you should put away those labelmakers...they really aren't helping this country.

Interesting...it took you only an instant to make this a partisan issue...

You really are a phony...now act all indignant, then go run and hide, as usual...

You really are a phony...now act all indignant, then go run and hide, as usual...

I made an observation.

And I notice you deflect from the topic at hand, right on cue.

I just toss the softballs up in the air, and you folks whack 'em over the fence for me.

It will be interesting to see if the Left turns on Barkley...they tend to be extremely intolerant.

More likely they'll pretend he never said it.

When cornered, they'll just deflect.

And you right wingers (PLEASE don't try to deflect that FACT again) will pretend Obama never said THIS:

Father's day 2008

Of all the rocks upon which we build our lives, we are reminded today that family is the most important. And we are called to recognize and honor how critical every father is to that foundation. They are teachers and coaches. They are mentors and role models. They are examples of success and the men who constantly push us toward it.

But if we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that what too many fathers also are is missing - missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.

You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled - doubled - since we were children. We know the statistics - that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home, or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it.

How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?

Yes, we need more cops on the street. Yes, we need fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Yes, we need more money for our schools, and more outstanding teachers in the classroom, and more afterschool programs for our children. Yes, we need more jobs and more job training and more opportunity in our communities.

But we also need families to raise our children. We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception. We need them to realize that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child - it's the courage to raise one.

I made an observation.

I just toss the softballs up in the air, and you folks whack 'em over the fence for me.

You did not 'make an observation'. You made a partisan accusation.

And you right wingers (PLEASE don't try to deflect that FACT again) will pretend Obama never said THIS:

Father's day 2008

Of all the rocks upon which we build our lives, we are reminded today that family is the most important. And we are called to recognize and honor how critical every father is to that foundation. They are teachers and coaches. They are mentors and role models. They are examples of success and the men who constantly push us toward it.

But if we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that what too many fathers also are is missing - missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.

You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled - doubled - since we were children. We know the statistics - that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home, or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it.

How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?

Yes, we need more cops on the street. Yes, we need fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Yes, we need more money for our schools, and more outstanding teachers in the classroom, and more afterschool programs for our children. Yes, we need more jobs and more job training and more opportunity in our communities.

But we also need families to raise our children. We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception. We need them to realize that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child - it's the courage to raise one.

Six years ago.

Wow, he's all over this one.

I made an observation.

Are you going to comment on Barkley's point, or are you going to keep deflecting?

I made an observation.

Are you going to comment on Barkley's point, or are you going to keep deflecting?

I am commenting on you making this a partisan issue...why are you lying about that FACT?

Father's day 2008

Forum List

Back