Bravo Big O: Consolidating Government Agency is KEY and VERY IMPORTANT!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
He wants government to give him the approval to streamline the process with 90 day congressional approval. That would cut out a ton of the red-tape and bullshit needed to consolidate redundant agencies and cut agencies. The GOP will want and NEED this when they get Mitt Romney into the white house. They better not oppose this on the grounds they fear it will add more agencies.

Giver credit where credit is due and the Big O actually is presenting a HIGHLY NECESSARY first step!

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/01/13/obama-seeks-new-powers-congress
his 2011 State of the Union address, the president complained of government overlap and red tape that clogs the federal government, promising to tackle the problem. He injected a bit of humor into his speech to illustrate the point, "The Interior Department is in charge of salmon while they're in fresh water, but the Commerce Department handles them when they're in saltwater," he said to laughter. "I hear it gets even more complicated once they're smoked."

By late that year, however, officials shied away from forecasting when the president would fulfill his promise.

Early Friday morning, the White House announced Mr. Obama will seek authority from Congress, not granted since the days of Ronald Reagan, to reorganize and consolidate portions of the federal government. His first proposal would be to reduce redundancy in the area of trade and commerce.

Should Congress grant the president this streamlining authority, each proposal he made would then receive an up-or-down vote from Congress within 90 days.

We have been needing this for a long time, too bad the republicans will fight it with every fiber of their being.

I would want to read the fine print. Can't trust this president by giving him more power. He abuses power now. Beware. Why can't he do it with Congress?

I would want to read the fine print. Can't trust this president by giving him more power. He abuses power now. Beware. Why can't he do it with Congress?

If he did it with congress the credit would be divided. It's an election season, so he wants the credit for himself.

It's a great idea if he's doing with sincerety and honesty. Even if it is a campaign stunt, I still support it if it's done right.

Whatever Obama wants, Obama will get, with or without Congressional approval. Obama has proven over and over again that he is more than willing to wipe his ass with the U.S. Constitution, as needed.

This is just another POWER GRAB for Obama. Consolidating HIS power is his ultimate goal.

"Vladimir Obama" will get four years, and maybe four more after that, and four more after that. We have our own Putin, comrades!

If he did it with congress the credit would be divided. It's an election season, so he wants the credit for himself.

It's a great idea if he's doing with sincerety and honesty. Even if it is a campaign stunt, I still support it if it's done right.

Do you know how many "if's" you put in that statement? IF he's doing it with sincerity and honesty; IF it is a campaign stunt; IF if it is done right... too many "if's" for a dishonest president for me to swallow.

Whatever Obama wants, Obama will get, with or without Congressional approval. Obama has proven over and over again that he is more than willing to wipe his ass with the U.S. Constitution, as needed.

This is just another POWER GRAB for Obama. Consolidating HIS power is his ultimate goal.

"Vladimir Obama" will get four years, and maybe four more after that, and four more after that. We have our own Putin, comrades!

Hyperbole like that is why even his good ideas are greeted with manic partisan resistance.

:cuckoo:

Typical response from leftists who are backed into a corner..............emoticons. The TRUTH will set you FREE, left wingnuts!

Typical response from leftists who are backed into a corner..............emoticons. The TRUTH will set you FREE, left wingnuts!

It's a typical response when a loon posts, regardless of left or right. :cool:

it's an election year. this is just part of the pony show. He could have worked on this from day one, if he wasn't busy pushing backburner ideas that the country didn't need.

All show and tell.

Or here's an idea: Maybe he wants to avoid all the needless bickering and BS that Congress has become oh so fond of. The ass hats can't seem to even agree on whether they are in session or not.

Or here's an idea: Maybe he wants to avoid all the needless bickering and BS that Congress has become oh so fond of. The ass hats can't seem to even agree on whether they are in session or not.

won't accomplish that. Congress still has 90 days to do that, and can still say no.

won't accomplish that. Congress still has 90 days to do that, and can still say no.

Obama is asking for legislation that would require Congress to under take a straight up or down vote. I guess it's too early to tell, but I imagine that such legislation would have to include a provision that if such a vote doesn't happen, the President's proposal would automatically take effect. Whether Congress will give Obama the power to move forward remains to be seen. But if they do, at least requiring a straight up or down vote will force the members of Congress to go on record and either support of oppose his proposals, and allow the voters to hold them accountable. That is, as accountable as elected officials can be held nowadays.

We have been needing this for a long time, too bad the republicans will fight it with every fiber of their being.

It's in their best interest and best interest of the country. I just hope they don't pull a Ted Kennedy on Nixon UHC (background: Nixon pushed UHC and Kennedy the partisan douche bag he was got it 86ed, simply because he didn't want a GOP win).

He wants government to give him the approval to streamline the process with 90 day congressional approval. That would cut out a ton of the red-tape and bullshit needed to consolidate redundant agencies and cut agencies. The GOP will want and NEED this when they get Mitt Romney into the white house. They better not oppose this on the grounds they fear it will add more agencies.

Giver credit where credit is due and the Big O actually is presenting a HIGHLY NECESSARY first step!

Obama Seeks New Powers from Congress - Fox News
his 2011 State of the Union address, the president complained of government overlap and red tape that clogs the federal government, promising to tackle the problem. He injected a bit of humor into his speech to illustrate the point, "The Interior Department is in charge of salmon while they're in fresh water, but the Commerce Department handles them when they're in saltwater," he said to laughter. "I hear it gets even more complicated once they're smoked."

By late that year, however, officials shied away from forecasting when the president would fulfill his promise.

Early Friday morning, the White House announced Mr. Obama will seek authority from Congress, not granted since the days of Ronald Reagan, to reorganize and consolidate portions of the federal government. His first proposal would be to reduce redundancy in the area of trade and commerce.

Should Congress grant the president this streamlining authority, each proposal he made would then receive an up-or-down vote from Congress within 90 days.

It must be election season. Suddenly the Hussein has to try to make himself look like he is leaning more to the right.

:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back