Braves 4, Phillies 1

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Okay, as a lifelong Braves fan, I have become accustomed to Bobby Cox doing shit that I don't understand. The guy is an unbelievable manager. However, I think he does stuff sometimes just to try to give me a heart attack. For instance, why would you pull a guy that is throwing a two hit shut out through 8 innings with only 98 pitches thrown? I know why. To raise my blood pressure. Especially when the guy that replaces him gives up a double and an RBI single to make the game 4-1. Then walks Utley to put runners at 1st and 2nd, with Ryan fucking Howard coming to the plate. Alas, Gonzales struck Howard and Ibanez out to get the save, but not before throwing me into a fit of rage. But, I digress.

Go Braves. Good start to hopefully a return to greatness.

Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies - Recap - April 05, 2009 - ESPN

Okay, as a lifelong Braves fan, I have become accustomed to Bobby Cox doing shit that I don't understand. The guy is an unbelievable manager. However, I think he does stuff sometimes just to try to give me a heart attack. For instance, why would you pull a guy that is throwing a two hit shut out through 8 innings with only 98 pitches thrown? I know why. To raise my blood pressure. Especially when the guy that replaces him gives up a double and an RBI single to make the game 4-1. Then walks Utley to put runners at 1st and 2nd, with Ryan fucking Howard coming to the plate. Alas, Gonzales struck Howard and Ibanez out to get the save, but not before throwing me into a fit of rage. But, I digress.

Not to get you upset, but I take it you never got over him starting Maddux in place of Glavine on two days rest two years in a row with dire consequences?

Not to get you upset, but I take it you never got over him starting Maddux in place of Glavine on two days rest two years in a row with dire consequences?

Yeah, lets not talk about that. :evil:

Yeah, lets not talk about that. :evil:

understandable. how about how barry bonds couldn't throw Sid Bream out at home plate? That better?:lol:

I've been detached, but I didn't know I'd been that detached. Was it a big deal, like was he crying at his press conference and stuff?

There was no press conference. Just a release and a brief statement he read at the owner's meeting. Typical Maddux. Low key.

Think Glavine was the last 300 game winner?

Tough to tell but I doubt it. Look at Randy Johnson, he won the bulk of his games late in his career.

There was no press conference. Just a release and a brief statement he read at the owner's meeting. Typical Maddux. Low key.

Tough to tell but I doubt it. Look at Randy Johnson, he won the bulk of his games late in his career.

when Glavine won number 300, "they" were saying that because pitchers don't stay in games as long as they used to, miss more time, etc., that he'd be the last. I hope that isn't true.

when Glavine won number 300, "they" were saying that because pitchers don't stay in games as long as they used to, miss more time, etc., that he'd be the last. I hope that isn't true.

Yeah "they" say a lot of things.

I hope it isn't true, too.

Forum List

Back