Braun left as main black candidate in Chicago race

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Braun left as main black candidate in Chicago race

CHICAGO – Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman ever elected to the U.S. Senate, has emerged as the sole prominent African American candidate in the Chicago mayor's race after the withdrawal of U.S. Rep. Danny Davis.

Davis' decision, announced at a New Year's Eve news conference, followed weeks of pressure from many African American leaders who believe that only a consensus black candidate can beat former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and other prominent contenders in the race to replace retiring Mayor Richard Daley.

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

And on Saturday morning, Davis and State Sen. James Meeks, who ended his own run for mayor days ago, appeared at a rally at the Rainbow Push Coalition with the Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., his son, U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr., and U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush to drum up support for Braun.

"We believe that our community needed to see some unity . . . they needed to see togetherness and we need one African American candidate for mayor of the city of Chicago.," Meeks said to loud applause.

Braun left as main black candidate in Chicago race - Yahoo! News

i still can't believe rahm was ruled eligible, he isn't....

that said....i can only imagine the racist howls if white people got together to stand behind someone (white) due to their race....imgaine white people banding together to defeat a black candidate....

racism won't end until its called out for everyone

Braun is a racist and anti-semite as well as being a crook.
No wonder she is a leading candidate in Chicago, where they appreciate that sort of thing.

Braun is a racist and anti-semite as well as being a crook.
No wonder she is a leading candidate in Chicago, where they appreciate that sort of thing.

how is she a racist and anti semite?
that was my thoughts as well
i'd need to see some proof before i would believe it

i dont think she is all that great of a candidate, but i wouldn't go THAT far

shes tainted. traveling outside congressional purview to a sanctioned nation, money disappearance and she played the race card big time on a wapo journalist/editor?, (will or brooks?)...cannot remember and I don't really care. Chicago will go on as it has, its a fight over who can stuff the most ballot boxes or buy the precincts....is there even rep in the race?:lol:

i'm a little surprised no lefties have commented on the racial factor in this....

i know for a fact if this was some white southern governorship race where the whites grouped together to beat a dem black candidate....it would be national news and sharkton and rev. jasscan would be there....ravi would be wailing with tears and decrying how evil the gop is and truthmatters would be -- fucking racist rightwingers....

you know its true

i'm a little surprised no lefties have commented on the racial factor in this....

i know for a fact if this was some white southern governorship race where the whites grouped together to beat a dem black candidate....it would be national news and sharkton and rev. jasscan would be there....ravi would be wailing with tears and decrying how evil the gop is and truthmatters would be -- fucking racist rightwingers....

you know its true
:rolleyes: Notice Kendrick Meek failed? It was because he was a poor candidate, not because he is black.

You're skirting the edge of racism, Yurt, and it isn't pretty.

you know its true
:rolleyes: Notice Kendrick Meek failed? It was because he was a poor candidate, not because he is black.

You're skirting the edge of racism, Yurt, and it isn't pretty.

Your analyses is quite wrong. Meek failed because he is a racist and couldn't find a way to stuff ballots outside his black neighborhood.

She's a typical Chicagoland gangster-politician. I guess everybody has forgotten about the Medicare fraud she had going on to get benefits to her mother. Around these parts she was known as Carol Mostly Fraud. With Obama's Crook-in-Chief and Braun running for Chicago mayor, it looks like business as usual for the crooked Chicagoland politics.

you know its true

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stupid as fuck.

Get fucking real.

As if there isn't a long ass history of whites banding together to defeat black candidates.

As if race doesn't matter to white people.

This from the fat slob called Limbaugh ..

•"We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."
•"I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy."
•"n Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering."
•"Obama's entire economic program is reparations."
•Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."
•Obama is "Halfrican-American."
•"Obama has disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side."
•Sotomayor "a reverse racist" appointed by Obama, "the greatest living example of a reverse racist."
•Obama "wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya" and "wants to be the black FDR."
•Latching onto LA Times op-ed, Limbaugh sings "Barack, The Magic Negro."
•"God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama"; Obama "has yet to prove he's a citizen."
•Limbaugh on Gates controversy: "Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman."
•Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."
•Limbaugh suggests Democrats, media believe "you can't criticize the little black man-child."
•"The government's been taking care of [young blacks] their whole lives."
•"The days of [minorities] not having any power are over, and they are angry."
•"[M]inorities never do anything for which they have to apologize."
•Limbaugh: "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."
•Limbaugh says "NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."
•Limbaugh declares basketball "the favorite sport of gangs."
•Limbaugh invented "racial component" to Hackett's decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
•Limbaugh on Survivor series: "African-American tribe" worst swimmers, Hispanics "will do things other people won't do."
•Limbaugh suggested Colin Powell only supported Obama because of race.
•Limbaugh: Gates is an "angry racist."
•Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."
•Limbaugh repeatedly calls Native Americans "Injuns."
•Limbaugh says Democrats' interest in Darfur is securing black "voting bloc."
•Limbaugh says that if "feminazis" had remembered to oppose "affirmative action for black guys ... they wouldn't face the situation they face today."

Sure, race doesn't matter to white people, only to blacks.

Ever heard of the Voting Rights Act?

Any clue why its there?

STUPID

Last edited:
Voting Rights Act of, what, 1968? Nothing has changed since then?
Yeah, whites sure banded together to defeat Obama. Whoops!

All you lefties need to realize that Chicago is called the Windy City not because of the wind, or lack of it, but because of the crooked politicians running the city. Oddly enough the city has been in the hands of democrats for, what, 50 years????

I lived in the Chicago burbs all my life up until 3 years ago and have never seen corruption as bad as there. Outgoing Mayor Daley has had a whole shit load of his staffers in jail or awaiting trial for corruption, you have a former govenor in jail and I believe there was a govenor before him that did a stint of jail time, not to mention the cabbage patch doll Bagloevich.

Does anyone remember Miegs Field. Daley wanted it gone so his families property values would go up so he got some bulldozers and tore big X's into the runway during the night.
Everyone woke up and said, "What the hell"

The are a couple of things about Chicago politics.

1) You do not get ahead without befriending the Chicago Political Machine

2) You do not get ahead without befriending the Chicago Political Machine

you know its true

Stupid as fuck.

Get fucking real.

As if there isn't a long ass history of whites banding together to defeat black candidates.

•"We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."
•"n Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering."
•Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."
•"Obama has disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side."
•Sotomayor "a reverse racist" appointed by Obama, "the greatest living example of a reverse racist."
•Obama "wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya" and "wants to be the black FDR."
•"God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama"; Obama "has yet to prove he's a citizen."
•Limbaugh on Gates controversy: "Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman."
•Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."
•Limbaugh suggests Democrats, media believe "you can't criticize the little black man-child."
•Limbaugh says "NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."
•Limbaugh invented "racial component" to Hackett's decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
•Limbaugh on Survivor series: "African-American tribe" worst swimmers, Hispanics "will do things other people won't do."
•Limbaugh says that if "feminazis" had remembered to oppose "affirmative action for black guys ... they wouldn't face the situation they face today."

Any clue why its there?

STUPID

Wow, Didn't know pointing out other people's racism makes you a racist :cuckoo:

You want to see racism? You should look up the founder of Planned Parenthood. Her reason for starting it was to abort black babies.

you know its true

Stupid as fuck.

Get fucking real.

Any clue why its there?

STUPID

none of that was racist, you stupid fuck
in fact you claiming that was racist means more than like you are more racist than Limbaugh

Talked with a family member who lives in a suburb of Chicago and he told me about Braun and how she's more corrupt than Emanuel. More corrupt than Emanuel? OMG!

Talked with a family member who lives in a suburb of Chicago and he told me about Braun and how she's more corrupt than Emanuel. More corrupt than Emanuel? OMG!

I lived in the suburbs of chicago for 25 years and the whole area is completly run by corruption. There is no hope for the place. That is why I moved from the state

Google "Jailed mayor of Cicero"
Google "Chicago Alderwomen Troutman"
Google "Meigs field"
Google "Illinois govenors in jail"

Forum List

Back