Brat refuses to answer basic policy questions

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The Man Who Just Beat Eric Cantor Won't Answer Basic Policy Questions | ThinkProgress

David Brat — who scored one of the biggest upsets in recent political history on Tuesday by unseating House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in the primary — tried to avoid answering specific policy questions in one of his first national television interviews, insisting that he “didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

Instead, Brat stuck to generalities about “fiscal issues and the Republican creed,” telling MSNBC host Chuck Todd that he believed in “free markets, equal treatment of everyone under the law, fiscal responsibility, adherence to the constitution, and a strong defense and faith in God and strong moral character.” Pressed for his position about raising the minimum wage, the economic professor demurred, saying “I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one.” He added, “all I know is if you take the long-run graph over 200 years of the wage rate, it cannot differ from your nation’s productivity.”

The conversation grew even more strained when Todd asked Brat if he supports arming the Syrian rebels. The GOP nominee immediately tried to dismiss the issue, saying, “hey Chuck, I thought we were just going to chat today about the celebratory aspects. I’d love to go through all of this, but my mind is just, I didn’t get enough sleep last night.” Watch it:

We've seen the unqualified R candidates do this in the past - running away from questions. Maybe he'll get someone to help him memorize some answers, a la $illy $arah.

For those who don't like the source, post your own that proves this didn't happen and hasn't been happening for a while now.

When Sarah was sending her son to Iraq, did she know where Iraq actually was?

Check out Fox News map of the Middle East.

fox_news_middle_east_map.jpg

Forum List

Back