brandy anyone?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
when i drank i tended to be kinda hard core....i have lighten up in the last decades..that liver thing you know...i dont look that good in yellow....but lately i have discovered the miracle of brandy...at first it was christian brothers but i must admit it had a nasty afterbite...so i moved up to hennessy which is a cognac....much smoother...no real nasty afterbite..
so what brandy or cognac do you prefer...i undestand that clear water or clear creek not sure which but clear something is the best american....

when i drank i tended to be kinda hard core....i have lighten up in the last decades..that liver thing you know...i dont look that good in yellow....but lately i have discovered the miracle of brandy...at first it was christian brothers but i must admit it had a nasty afterbite...so i moved up to hennessy which is a cognac....much smoother...no real nasty afterbite..
so what brandy or cognac do you prefer...i undestand that clear water or clear creek not sure which but clear something is the best american....

I hate brandy but love... LOVE cognac. cognac w/ apple juice is a great drink. I really like getting plowed on wine, and cognac is a similar feeling to me - prolly cause they're similar in nature.

Remy Martin VSOP Fine Cognac, or if you really want to spoil yourself, Remy Martin Coeur De Cognac.

Now you've done it! Mouth watering.Must have a shot!

okay one thing that sucks about nc...we have abc stores...the state controls what liquors are sold...i have hennessy very special...and the store here has christian brothers and hennessy and some other cheap brands ...i need to drive over to tennessee and see what they have...

okay one thing that sucks about nc...we have abc stores...the state controls what liquors are sold...i have hennessy very special...and the store here has christian brothers and hennessy and some other cheap brands ...i need to drive over to tennessee and see what they have...

Try the Internet. No limitations!

My mother would make fruitcake every year. She'd buy the dried fruit and soak it for a month or more in apricot brandy. Then, when she got ready to make the fruitcake, she'd drain the fruit and because she didn't believe in wasting booze, well, she's start sipping while she was making the fruitcake. It took hours and by the time she was done, she was at least 3 sheets to the wind and a whole lot of fun to watch. Funny thing, none of us liked her fruitcake but she was convinced we did and made it for us every year. She told us all that our brother Butch loved the stuff so we'd all end up giving our fruitcakes to him. It wasn't until after she died we discovered Butch didn't like the fruit cakes either, he just didn't want to hurt her feelings. Poor woman, all those hours every year making fruitcake and the most fun we got out of them was watching her make them. :lol:

About every 5 years now, I'll buy a bottle of apricot brandy, just to remember my mom.

Last edited:
I drink cognac. My brand is Kelt.

thumbnail.php

The only brandy I've had is Christian Brothers VS. Its pretty good for its price range. I've never been too much of a hard liquor drinker (drank more of it in high school and freshmen year of college than I have the past 3-4 years of my life). I tend to prefer beer.

Forum List

Back