Brainwashing Kids About Guns: the Sequel

does this mean that all Dads can't go out hunting with their son's to teach them how to shoot? (like the man/son thing, maybe they will also ban the traditional "Father Throwing Baseballs To Their Sons" backyard thing. Oh No! Baseballs can KILL !!!!

Well, as odd as it may seem, you just might be on to something there. It was never uncommon for my Dad, my brother and me to go rabbit hunting on the weekend. Additionally, every year we went deer or elk hunting. EVERY year. Ducks, Quail, and pheasants were a staple in our diet. Our freezer was always filled and we never went hungry.

We were raised with guns in the house and, at the age of 9, I was given my first gun, a 410 shotgun. When in Phoenix, Arizona (My old man was stationed at Luke Air Force Base) we would go into the desert constantly and only an idiot would venture out into the desert without a gun. My Dad always carried a .45 - I took my shotgun and my Brother had a 30-30 Winchester.

We were taught ABSOLUTE respect for our guns, how to use them and how to NOT use them, how to care for them and how they might care for you. I carried a variety of guns throughout my time in the military and had a sidearm on me 365 days a year (military) for 22 years. The only time I have EVER used a gun to kill a human was for the government.

This is where I believe the "problem" lies. It's only my opinion, but guns, to me, represent "self reliance". The left doesn't believe in "self reliance". They believe that no good can come from a gun. They were raised to believe that "guns kill" and that's where it ends for them and that's the end of the argument. The left simply cannot fathom little "bambi" providing food for my family.

My Son and Daughter both have guns. I taught them, as my Father taught me, the proper use, care, storage and consequence of owning guns. They have never committed a crime with a firearm - but I wouldn't want to break into their houses....you will die.

My view about guns is always the same: A gun is nothing more than a tool. Just like a hammer, I can build a house with it or I can bash your head in with it. I can use a gun for sport and "self-reliance" with mine, or I can blow your head off with it. It's a tool. A tool is worth nothing more than hands that holds it.

we sit back and look at the insanity of what is going on. but you know who else takes notice of it? the kids. they are totally soaking in this absolute ridiculousness by authority figures. they aren't blind to all of this. and what happens is they lose respect for those authority figures.

we sit back and look at the insanity of what is going on. but you know who else takes notice of it? the kids. they are totally soaking in this absolute ridiculousness by authority figures. they aren't blind to all of this. and what happens is they lose respect for those authority figures.

Yes, that gives me hope.

The left is only causing us to eventually split the country in half, Fine, let them have the north and be poor for the rest of their lives, and by 2025, they will still be blaming Bush for living towns that wound up like Detroit.

This nation is already split. Couldn't you tell this past election? Democrats and Obama will be blaming Bush on New Years Eve 2100. That's if Oblamer lives that long and Democrats have totally become Commies.. On second thought they have totally become Commies.

The left is only causing us to eventually split the country in half, Fine, let them have the north and be poor for the rest of their lives, and by 2025, they will still be blaming Bush for living towns that wound up like Detroit.

This nation is already split. Couldn't you tell this past election? Democrats and Obama will be blaming Bush on New Years Eve 2100. That's if Oblamer lives that long and Democrats have totally become Commies.. On second thought they have totally become Commies.

You are absolutely correct. In my opinion, this nation is as divided as I have ever seen it and I am including the civil rights years and the Vietnam war years. We have a dangerously hateful split in this country and I fear that it will reach a boiling point in the near future.

I have never known a time, at least in MY 68 years, when I held such hatred (maybe a tad bit strong) for liberals in this country. What worries me the most is the way we (those of a conservative bent) bow to their nonsense. I fear that at some point, the right will have had enough and then it will get nasty. Liberals will then find out what a good old-fashioned ass whooping is all about.

However, by that time, the damage will most assuredly be done. We have a generation now of Che' looking clowns that worship at the feet of Marx, Stalin, Castro, Chavez and Ortega and, who, in turn are teaching our children the "Soviet" way. What's worse is that the parents of these communists are so busy trying to keep bread on the table that they haven't noticed what miscreants these bastards have become.

No, make no mistake about it. There is a storm coming in the United States, and it's going to be a bloody one.

Yes, that gives me hope.

I've noticed this too. I have several family members younger than me (I'm 22) that I've taught about the history of the Second Amendment, since its never discussed in school.

One of my cousins, who moved recently to GUN CONTROL California, asked me for help over the phone:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...l-read-in-highschool-tomorrow-about-guns.html

Their AP Government class was having a series of debates about Gun Control, and his school is in Orange County. The teacher was clearly feeding the Gun Control side information and helping them, and six of his classmates left to the other side, feeling defeated.

I gave him A LOT of information and helped him write a speech that could be delivered effectively on EVERY POINT of the evils of Gun Control within a time frame of 5 minutes (read above link to see the copy that he sent me).

I'm now taking this speech we wrote and incorporating it into a much larger work of my own that I intended to deliver on Long Island.

My cousin told me that the few kids left on his side felt as if they clearly won the debate (after feeling as if they were clearly losing for the last four days) and many more students became receptive to the idea of Second Amendment.

He received an A+ and the teacher even apologized for challenging his claim about the Battle of Athens, Tennessee, 1946. She actually didn't think any such event ever occurred, and was embarrassed in front of the whole class when she found it immediately on her laptop. Yet, notice that this same teacher never intervenes or fact checks the kids spewing garbage in support of Gun Control.

New Topics

Forum List

Back