BRAIN DEATH vs. BRAIN LIFE and ABORTION?

We have no problem turning off life support on a patient that is BRAIN DEAD. I thought about this and how it relates to the abortion issue and developed the concept of BRAIN LIFE......the point at which the brain begins sending signals,etc....Most experts believe it is somewhere in the 14-16 week post-conception range. But wherever it is that is the beginning of BRAIN LIFE!

So if it is ok to let a person die AFTER they are BRAIN DEAD...
then shouldn't it be ok to let a person die BEFORE there is BRAIN LIFE?
I say yes....and that is why I favor legal abortion prior to BRAIN LIFE!

Just in case no one else does it, let me point out the difference between "letting someone die" and "actively killing them".

Oh, and someone with the shaky grasp of tenth-grade biology that you have should not be trying to engage in big-boy debates about concepts such as "What is life?" Isn't there a nice "Dude, it should be legal for me to toke up" thread you could join somewhere?
want to know the scary part of this
if this guy was actually the person he used as a name here, he is actually a doctor

i'd never want to be a patient of his, thats for DAMN sure

So if it is ok to let a person die AFTER they are BRAIN DEAD...

If you were a physician, you would realize that when someone is determined to be "brain dead", they are legally dead. They do not die any more after brain death.

um no they aren't legally dead until a physician pronounces them dead ...
and u couldn't be more wrong....the body is alive the brain is dead....
we have the technology to keep a brain dead body for DECADES if we wanted....so quit talking since u dont know jack

No, dumbass, the body isn't really alive at all. Brain death is defined as "Irreversible brain damage and loss of brain function, as evidenced by cessation of breathing and other vital reflexes, unresponsiveness to stimuli, absence of muscle activity, and a flat electroencephalogram for a specific length of time." In other words, the body is not alive, because it is not functioning independently. A person who is brain dead will also be having his body artificially operated by life support machines, the unplugging of which is what YOU are trying to compare to spraying chemicals on someone or cutting him up with a scalpel. If your brain is no longer sending out signals, and your lungs and heart are not operating on their own, your body cannot be said to "still be alive". You're just a science experiment at that point.

And your little attempt to make a point by drawing false parallels between "has a brain that stopped operating the body" and "has not yet developed the specialized cells recognized as the human brain, but certainly still independently operates his own body functions" does not make you look clever, no matter what your mommy might tell you.

Brain dead is different situation though. Someone can have a living will, and have DNR directions to the hospital, whereas a fetus can't. Two different situations that you can't really compare with one another.

um sure I can because a fetus that is say 8 weeks old...that is BEFORE "BRAIN LIFE" i.e. it is BRAIN DEAD!

Well, so now we have proof that that "MD" in your screenname is a bunch of bullshit . . . if there was anyone at all who didn't already know that.

"Life" is not defined by the presence of specialized cells recognized by humans as brain cells, since there are many, MANY creatures on this planet which fall into the category of "alive" and do not have those cells at any time in their existence. So no, it is not "brain dead".

If anybody wonders how the good people of Germany could have stood by and watched the Holocaust happen they need to look no further than the American abortion industry. Can anyone imagine in their wildest dreams a technician or an MD making a living by stabbing full term babies in the back of the head and sucking their brains out while they squirmed just inches away from a life? That's a legacy and a curse if you will that America has to live with for the decades long unrelenting murder of full term infants in the ironically named Partial birth or Late Term abortion procedure. We wouldn't let an animal be treated this way but decades of democrats fought to keep partial birth abortion "legal". Obama and the crooked Chicago political machine found a better way when Partial birth abortion was outlawed. They would induce labor to cause a "premature birth" and leave the perfectly formed little bodies on a table without so much as a sheet to cover them until they died. I'd call it manslaughter and that's a polite legal term.

Forum List

Back