BRAIN DEATH vs. BRAIN LIFE and ABORTION?

BenMarbleMD

Rookie
Dec 10, 2010
Earth
We have no problem turning off life support on a patient that is BRAIN DEAD. I thought about this and how it relates to the abortion issue and developed the concept of BRAIN LIFE......the point at which the brain begins sending signals,etc....Most experts believe it is somewhere in the 14-16 week post-conception range. But wherever it is that is the beginning of BRAIN LIFE!

So if it is ok to let a person die AFTER they are BRAIN DEAD...
then shouldn't it be ok to let a person die BEFORE there is BRAIN LIFE?
I say yes....and that is why I favor legal abortion prior to BRAIN LIFE!

We have no problem turning off life support on a patient that is BRAIN DEAD. I thought about this and how it relates to the abortion issue and developed the concept of BRAIN LIFE......the point at which the brain begins sending signals,etc....Most experts believe it is somewhere in the 14-16 week post-conception range. But wherever it is that is the beginning of BRAIN LIFE!

then shouldn't it be ok to let a person die BEFORE there is BRAIN LIFE?
I say yes....and that is why I favor legal abortion prior to BRAIN LIFE!

you'll be missed

by someone

I'm Catholic so I believe that life begins at conception, and ends when God decides it ends. It would be cool if, when considering this topic, one could factor in that not all of us believe the same way. That is why I am personally against abortion. However, because I also believe in freedom, I believe that I do not have the right to insist that my beliefs outweigh other peoples.

If other people could recognize my right to my own beliefs, instead of insisting that their beliefs take priority over mine, that would be very cool.

Brain dead is different situation though. Someone can have a living will, and have DNR directions to the hospital, whereas a fetus can't. Two different situations that you can't really compare with one another.

If you were a physician, you would realize that when someone is determined to be "brain dead", they are legally dead. They do not die any more after brain death.

um no they aren't legally dead until a physician pronounces them dead ...
and u couldn't be more wrong....the body is alive the brain is dead....
we have the technology to keep a brain dead body for DECADES if we wanted....so quit talking since u dont know jack

I'm Catholic so I believe that life begins at conception, and ends when God decides it ends. It would be cool if, when considering this topic, one could factor in that not all of us believe the same way. That is why I am personally against abortion. However, because I also believe in freedom, I believe that I do not have the right to insist that my beliefs outweigh other peoples.

If other people could recognize my right to my own beliefs, instead of insisting that their beliefs take priority over mine, that would be very cool.
geezis u sure have memorized the PC NAZI handbook haven't u?

Here is a clue for ya.....Life NEVER 'begins' because life requires life to happen....so an ALIVE sperm joins with an ALIVE egg and they unite transforming into MORE LIFE....just throw that idiotic pc handbooks away and try to think rationally for a change....
and this is a really scary thing to say...
"because I also believe in freedom, I believe that I do not have the right to insist that my beliefs outweigh other peoples."

The reality is a person who is correct's beliefs SHOULD outweigh the beliefs of those who are incorrect with respect to any given issue......

for example in 1939 if you were a German and you personally opposed gassing Jews wouldn't you say your beliefs SHOULD have outweighed the Nazis beliefs? Of course, the PC Fascist Utopian handbook agrees with the NAZIs as u regurgitate their filth with such pride! It's sickening!

Brain dead is different situation though. Someone can have a living will, and have DNR directions to the hospital, whereas a fetus can't. Two different situations that you can't really compare with one another.

um sure I can because a fetus that is say 8 weeks old...that is BEFORE "BRAIN LIFE" i.e. it is BRAIN DEAD!

Last edited:

um sure I can because a fetus that is say 8 weeks old...that is BEFORE "BRAIN LIFE" i.e. it is BRAIN DEAD!

So you're telling me a brain dead adult, who has knowingly filled out a living will, while in a coherent state of mind (as is needed), and wants DNR is the same as a fetus? If someone doesn't want to remain brain dead-they shouldn't have to. They should have that choice.

Here is a clue for ya.....Life NEVER 'begins' because life requires life to happen....so an ALIVE sperm joins with an ALIVE egg and they unite transforming into MORE LIFE....just throw that idiotic pc handbooks away and try to think rationally for a change....
"because I also believe in freedom, I believe that I do not have the right to insist that my beliefs outweigh other peoples."

The reality is a person who is correct's beliefs SHOULD outweigh the beliefs of those who are incorrect with respect to any given issue......

for example in 1939 if you were a German and you personally opposed gassing Jews wouldn't you say your beliefs SHOULD have outweighed the Nazis beliefs? Of course, the PC Fascist Utopian handbook agrees with the NAZIs as u regurgitate their filth with such pride! It's sickening!

A belief is not a fact.... facts are correct.... beliefs are not facts, they are beliefs. No one belief is 'correct', you brain dead twit.

When do they turn off your life support machine?

So you're telling me a brain dead adult, who has knowingly filled out a living will, while in a coherent state of mind (as is needed), and wants DNR is the same as a fetus?
basically yes...a FETUS PRE-BRAIN LIFE is no different than an ADULT post-BRAIN DEATH!

If someone doesn't want to remain brain dead-they shouldn't have to. They should have that choice.

I agree and they do have that choice already!

A belief is not a fact.... facts are correct.... beliefs are not facts, they are beliefs. No one belief is 'correct', you brain dead twit.

that was a pretty lame attempt to change the subject and then toss in the shoot the messenger routine since u have ZERO argument.....twat u say?:lol:

so once again I'll correct your tard logic....
beliefs can be factual but they can also be false..I am merely saying that factual beliefs should trump false beliefs...
for example...you and other catholics may claim that a sperm is not alive....that is a false belief
I claim a sperm is alive...that is a factual belief....
therefore life does NOT 'begin at conception' and only a tard who regurgitates dogma they have been spoonfed forever would say something so idiotic but of course that is your specialty...

Last edited:

that was a pretty lame attempt to change the subject and then toss in the shoot the messenger routine since u have ZERO argument.....twat u say?:lol:

beliefs can be factual but they can also be false..I am merely saying that factual beliefs should trump false beliefs...
for example...you and other catholics may claim that a sperm is not alive....that is a false belief

No, I didn't say 'twat', I said 'twit'. Twit - idiot.

And, you are too fucking stupid to discuss this rationally, you're an hysterical child. I suggest you grow the fuck up before you post.

Beliefs are beliefs. They are not facts. Facts inform beliefs but that does goes for any beliefs. You're just too stupid to know that.

Last edited:

No, I didn't say 'twat', I said 'twit'. Twit - idiot.

And, you are too fucking stupid to discuss this rationally, you're an hysterical child. I suggest you grow the fuck up before you post.

Beliefs are beliefs. They are not facts. Facts inform beliefs but that does goes for any beliefs. You're just too stupid to know that.
twat? twat was that? you are the prototype of the 'dumb blonde' so you really should learn that dumb blonde's do their best when they dont express their dumb opinions..

If someone doesn't want to remain brain dead-they shouldn't have to. They should have that choice.

What are you talking about?

There is no reversal of brain death.

Are you saying that if someone does not want to remain dead, they should have a choice of being alive again?

Forum List

Back