Brady Suspended Four Games; Patriots Will Lose Draft Pick

what is a ped user

Performance Enhancing Drugs

thanks

are they against the rules

if so then for at least a year

They are illegal, up to a four games suspension for the first offense.

they should have to be off the game

at least double the length of time it takes

to be out of their system

that is why i dont watch or pay for any professional sports

Fair enough, I'm looking for consistency and you have that as do others.

Brady cheated, he lied and was caught. I find it wrong but to compare it to drug use, gambling, point shaving. That is another level.
Point shaving yes. Drug use, depends on the type of drug. Gambling... betting for his team or against? It matters to me.

Performance Enhancing Drugs

thanks

are they against the rules

if so then for at least a year

They are illegal, up to a four games suspension for the first offense.

they should have to be off the game

at least double the length of time it takes

to be out of their system

that is why i dont watch or pay for any professional sports

Fair enough, I'm looking for consistency and you have that as do others.

Brady cheated, he lied and was caught. I find it wrong but to compare it to drug use, gambling, point shaving. That is another level.

i just dont like the cheating

but then again i even frown at the grand kids when they use cheats

in the video games

--LOL

Lol! I do agree the cheating has no place in the world but it happens everyday, in every walk of life.

We play New England week 2. I guess that's a win.

don't count on it, s0n.

rs_300x300-150130102416-600.Footballsplit-jmd-013015.jpg

I would like to welcome the New England Patriots BACK into the NFL. Hey guys, long time no see. You've spent the last 15 years as teh poster children, with silver spoons in your mouths for the NFL. Looks like Mr. Goodell just took that spoon out of your mouth and rammed it up a different orifice. Hope that doesn't hurt TOO much. A good ER doc or Proctologist should be able to help you out with that once you stop crying like a bunch of spoiled rich kids who have finally been made to live by the same rules as the rest of society.

Let me explain something to all of you in Patriot Nation..... this set of penalties wasn't just about deflated footballs. Everyone knows that's a red herring. This is about finally teaching you yahoos (YES Mr. Bellichick and Mr. Kraft, I'm talking to you) that YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE LEAGUE. You got too big for your britches. You suddenly thought that the league served you, not the other way around; that you could just ignore the league and that the black eyes you keep putting on The Shield's public face would just go away. Guess you know better now. NOBODY is above the league. They've been making that clear to EVERY OTHER TEAM since 1994. Seems you folks didn't get that memo.

When the public face of any other major corporation drags that company down into the mud, they generally get fired.... immediately. The NFL couldn't fire you folks, so they just gave you one hell of a bare-ass spanking instead. One you will hopefully remember for a long time to come.

Was the penalty "too much"? For deflating footballs, probably. For the litany of issues the league has had with you folks for the last 8 years, probably not.

Part of Vincent's letter to Brady.

“Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. The integrity of the game is of paramount importance to everyone in our league, and requires unshakable commitment to fairness and compliance with the playing rules. Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules and must be held accountable for his actions when those rules are violated and the public’s confidence in the game is called into question.”

"There will be an immediate impact for the team, but the greater harm may come to Brady’s reputation, which was previously simply that he was one of the best players in the history of the game."

Troy Vincent to Brady Accountable no matter how accomplished ProFootballTalk
They should have banned his eligibility to the Hall of Fame, Like MLB did to Pete Rose.

He didn't gamble on the sport, a big difference. Then you,would have to look at the Minnesota incident in December 2014.

Gambling is a whole new level. The penalty for tampering with footballs is normally $25,000. Brady's lying irritated the situation.

Which is more egregious a pound of air in a football or using PEDs?

Sorry but you are way off.

Honestly, I know the NFL is claiming that Brady's attitude was part of the reason for the punishment, but why would the Patriots have thought things would be any better for them if they told the truth (assuming that Brady did actually lie)?

When they were busted for Spygate they didn't try to hide anything. They were taping from the sideline, in full view of refs, fans, and the other team. Belichick immediately admitted that they had been taping from that location because he believed it was technically allowed so long as the film was never used in game (important to remember, taping the other team's defensive signals was, and still is, COMPLETELY LEGAL). The Patriots cooperated with the league 100%. And what did they get for their honesty and cooperation? A $750,000 fine and the loss of a first round draft pick. A sitting CONGRESSMAN even inserted himself into the melee and talked about congressional inquiries.

Did you know that in 2010 the Broncos illegally taped a 49ers walk through practice? Do you want to guess what their punishment was? A 100k fine. Nothing more. No months of pearl clutching. No draft picks.

So forgive me when I say that I'm not sure why the Patriots should trust a damn thing the NFL front office says or does.

And truthfully, I'm a little bit thrilled that the Pats are telling the league to go fuck themselves this time around. It will be fantastic for all fans of the game if Goodell loses his job. He's managed to royally fuck up literally every scandal under his tenure.

The Flats have been telling the league to go fuck themselves for years. Now they are just pouting because they have to pay up.

Bradys life is too perfect. He needs this to remind him he's not a god.

So basically your happy abut this decision...because you're jealous of Tom Brady.

Got it.
Of course! Did you see how arrogant he was in that audience live interview? Fuck yea! He said "I was a better athelete than a student. In other words he's playing dumb.

I like the guy overall. Can't imagine being him. So he got busted? So what. But its going to cost him some games and more importantly draft picks.

But he gets to go kiss jezelle and 4 superbowl rings.

I root against tom because it would suck to have 3 rings early but never get the 4th. But matthew stafford and me would take that. Damn right were jealous.

So basically your happy abut this decision...because you're jealous of Tom Brady.

Got it.
Of course! Did you see how arrogant he was in that audience live interview? Fuck yea! He said "I was a better athelete than a student. In other words he's playing dumb.

I like the guy overall. Can't imagine being him. So he got busted? So what. But its going to cost him some games and more importantly draft picks.

I root against tom because it would suck to have 3 rings early but never get the 4th. But matthew stafford and me would take that. Damn right were jealous.

Are you happy to lose Ndamukong Suh?

Got it.

The Dolphins are happy to gain him.

Got it.

No. He makes everyone else on D better. But I'm glad to not have paid him what Miami paid him. Sort of put all their eggs in one basket. Remember he almost got suspended at the end of the season? One dumb play from him could jeopardize the whole season. But what a beast. Look out for Miami.

Got it.

The Dolphins are happy to gain him.
I hate it that these owners keep paying these outrageous long term contracts. They rarely work out. I'm thinking just from a Detroit perspective. Verlander and max sherzer. Prince fielder. Cabrera. No wonder a hod dog cost $10 and parking $20. Its why I only go to sporting events when someone gives me free tickets.lol

Brady, Belichick and Kraft say they will fight this imposition of fines and suspensions.

In a regular court of law you pay a penalty for taking a case to the jury if you lose.

I'm wondering that if the Patriots try to make a big stink about the conclusion of the investigation and the penalties that maybe they will suffer even further consequences for dragging it out.

It worked for the Ravens Rice.

Got it.

No. He makes everyone else on D better. But I'm glad to not have paid him what Miami paid him. Sort of put all their eggs in one basket. Remember he almost got suspended at the end of the season? One dumb play from him could jeopardize the whole season. But what a beast. Look out for Miami.

Suh did cheat a lot.

Brady, Belichick and Kraft say they will fight this imposition of fines and suspensions.

In a regular court of law you pay a penalty for taking a case to the jury if you lose.

I'm wondering that if the Patriots try to make a big stink about the conclusion of the investigation and the penalties that maybe they will suffer even further consequences for dragging it out.

It worked for the Ravens Rice.

I think the NFL knew that this would be appealed and set the suspension, fine and draft picks accordingLy.

Here is my take...it was alleged that the balls were deflated during the first half of the Colts games..my question is were the balls deflated in the prior 16 games? Where did the Colts get their information they give to the refs that Brady was using deflated balls unless they had information about prior games?
Why were the ball boys hidden from the investigation and why were they suspended afterward if something wasn't happening with the balls? Did the ball boys get off with only getting fired after giving information about who gave them the go ahead to deflate the balls?
Why did Brady refuse to give up his cell phone and texts?

Now the penalties..I can understand the penalties but will they stick? One million fine...in pro football that chicken feed.
1st round next year and 4th round the year after...if the rules were broken, I am okay with that.
4 game suspension...a joke. Name me a top tier player who's suspension hasn't been reduced after whining to the commissioner during the hearings. For example Rice and AP. The enforcing of policies of the NFL are a joke. The suspension will be reduced for the 'good' of the game...meaning... lost revenue will not be tolerated.

Here is my take...it was alleged that the balls were deflated during the first half of the Colts games..my question is were the balls deflated in the prior 16 games? Where did the Colts get their information they give to the refs that Brady was using deflated balls unless they had information about prior games?
Why were the ball boys hidden from the investigation and why were they suspended afterward if something wasn't happening with the balls? Did the ball boys get off with only getting fired after giving information about who gave them the go ahead to deflate the balls?
Why did Brady refuse to give up his cell phone and texts?

Now the penalties..I can understand the penalties but will they stick? One million fine...in pro football that chicken feed.
1st round next year and 4th round the year after...if the rules were broken, I am okay with that.
4 game suspension...a joke. Name me a top tier player who's suspension hasn't been reduced after whining to the commissioner during the hearings. For example Rice and AP. The enforcing of policies of the NFL are a joke. The suspension will be reduced for the 'good' of the game...meaning... lost revenue will not be tolerated.

The NFL has no rules. They are managing monsters. Look at that guy on the patriots who murdered someone and guys like ray rice. How many young rich millionaire jocks running around? I'm surprised with TMZ it doesnt happen more.

If they lose a first round pick Brady sits 2 games and a million dollar fine that's fair. No asterisk next to the season last year. Move on.

Forum List

Back