brad and jen and bennifer again????

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Good turn-around

:)

That's all it CAN be - cuz...Guys drive big fast muscle-cars and huge 4x4s to compensate for small wangs...I drive a "CHICK CAR" - thus, I may be driving said car as compensation due to my massive schlong. Right?

:D

-=d=- said:
:)

That's all it CAN be - cuz...Guys drive big fast muscle-cars and huge 4x4s to compensate for small wangs...I drive a "CHICK CAR" - thus, I may be driving said car as compensation due to my massive schlong. Right?

:D

An RX-8 is a chick car?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Wheew....It even has a chick-ish name.
M-I-A-T-A!

IIRC, it's derived from a German word meaning 'reward' - sort of.

Rod Bymaster, Mazda's head of product planning and marketing for the Miata project back in the early days, claims his "biggest contribution to the project was to have found the word Miata in Webster's Dictionary, which is defined as "reward in Old High German."

There is definitely truth to this. Glenna R. Rhodes of Medford, Oregon sent in the following:

Thanks for your quick reply to our question about the meaning of the word Miata. Ironically, my co-workers didn't ask me until they had sent the message because I (as a Miata owner since 1990 and a reference librarian) had already researched that question and had the answer. So it is my turn to share with you:

If you look up the word "meed" in the Oxford English Dictionary and the Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the English Language you will find that "miata" is another word for this term and they both can mean "reward". "Meed" is an obsolete German word. So this is verification of the meaning but not verification that this is what Mazda intended the name to mean. Maybe they simply liked the sound - just as I like the sound of my car!

Thanks for help!

Glenna R. Rhodes
Jackson County Library
Medford, Oregon

Bob Hall, the acknowledged "Father of the Miata" also confirms this explanation.

Forum List

Back