Brace yourself for the next great Liberal Lie.

Wrong.

The OP isn't the issue with what you claimed.

Put up or shut up.

They OP is what sets the topic of discussion. If he can't support his prediction, then everything that follows becomes irrelevant. And your insistence on a transcript from Rush is really dodging the point and being narrow sighted. Forget about any given individual. We need a reason to believe that this prediction in the OP will come true. Do we have one? I say no, because the "deficits don't matter" mantra has not historically been a position the left have espoused. It's a position that has been taken by the right in the past. Thus, I do not believe that two years from now the left will suddenly start making this a position of their own. IF anyone does, I expect it to be the right again. But then again, I have no reason to expect that anyone will adopt that position two years from now.
You made a claim that you refuse to back up, as a supposed refutation of that OP.

Put up or shut up.

You made a claim that you refuse to back up, as a supposed refutation of that OP.

Put up or shut up.

Apparently what you're not getting is that I'm not refuting the OP. I do not believe his prediction because there is nothing to support the position.

So we have just decided the economic plan of the Reagan administration was a failure followed by three of the last four presidents?

Judging by recent generic party actions perhaps Mrs Clinton and the current congress would be best for a balanced budget?

Are you all behind me? That is what I am hearing from the anti- deficit talk here.

What balanced budget? The fiction cooking of the books or a real one?

Bush said in 2001 that the SURPLUS was a sign Americans were overtaxed,

and then he and his GOP Congress passed tax cuts that put us back into deficits.

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter" - Dick Cheney, December 2002 to then Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill.

'nuff said

So now we know we should never vote for Cheney again. Thanks for the cutting edge philosophy. Has it ever occurred to any of our left of center voters criticizing Bush era spending that the plans proposed by the Democrats called for even higher deficits?

No, it never occurred to anyone on the left.
Feel better now?

The fact is policies proposed by Democrats may or may not have result in higher deficits. A cost benefit analysis is necessary in making such judgments.

Oh goody. A cost benefit analysis. What's first, the appeal to authority or the appeal to emotion?

What has been the cost of the Iraq war?

Less than the failed stimulus.

What benefits have we enjoyed?

Saddam cannot support terrorists anymore. Iraq isn't in the same turmoil as most of the rest of the Middle East. Al Qaeda can't use Iraq as a financial and training base.

What was the cost of our government providing Polio Vaccine in America in the 1950's?

Billions less than the failed stimulus

What has been the benefit?

More people alive to bicker about politics. That's a good thing.

What was the cost of the failed stimulus? What was the benefit?

Didn't micheal moore say as much about the debt?

Swear I over heard something like that.

We have plenty of money, sumptin sumptin the debt no big deal, we can keep spending, blah blah blah, capitalism is evil so take the money from them but not me.

So we have just decided the economic plan of the Reagan administration was a failure followed by three of the last four presidents?
The economic plan of Reagan wasn't followed by Reagan.

There were no spending cuts.

Fine then. The recovery from the 70s was either caused by relative Isreali Arab peace or by the economic plan of a Democratic congress?

Brace yourself for the next great Liberal Lie.

The GOP in in charge of the House. It doesn't matter what the left says. What matters is what the Republicans are going to do do create jobs and strengthen the economy. Or..is their main goal still just to see Obama and the country fail?

To be honest i see the 80s as a standard of living rise created by deficit spending and creative accounting. Most treat it as a recovery still though

I get it just fine.

You....Got....Nothing.

I don't have to have anything. The OP has to have something before I can have to have anything. The OP has nothing to justify his prediction, which means that I can just sit here and play hop-scotch until he does. You need to learn how to logically apply the burden of proof.

It has already started, but get ready for the avalanche. The Marching orders are going out, the Liberal Talking points are being printed up. Like a Football team before the Big game, the Libs are gathering and planing a trick play to pull.

The Next big Liberal lie we will be hearing for 2 years is: The is no danger from 14 Trillion in Debt, It is a manufactures Crisis, There is no problem with the Deficit, America is not Broke, The States are not Broke.

That's right, the same asswipes who cried and screamed about spending 100 Billion a year in Iraq, and how that along with Tax cuts for the "Rich" caused the Economic Collapse, are now going to look right at you with a straight face and say the Debt/Deficit Problem is a Manufactured Crisis, a Lie perpetrated by the Evil Right.

Expect the Left to say this louder and louder for the next 2 years. Expect the Liberal Media to be on fire with Left Wing Pendants repeating that same lines over and over.

You don't have to Believe me if you don't want. You can just right me off as some FarRight loon, but Mark My Words. The Talking points bullets have gone out. The next big liberal lie is out.

I have been expecting the concoction of liberal spin doctors to surface for some time.
Their message will accompany polls supporting their claims. The uninformed boobs who don't bother themselves with such trivialities as watching the news, reading the papers or doing their homework on the internet. They will grab hold of the spin doctor produced 10 second soundbites and say "gee, no, really?"

Got a transcript or are you just making shit up again?

I don't make things up, ever. Well, that's not actually true, I suppose. If I'm trying to get a woman to sleep with me I might make up a thing or two. But I'm not here for sex, so got no reason to make things up.
without proof, one must conclude you made it up.
You're no privilidged character around here. Get to work and show proof of your claim.

Good luck two years from now seeing if this pointless prediction comes true. But I seem to recall during the early Bush years people like Rush defending Bush's extreme spending by saying that the US debt was not that concerning, and going so far as to suggest that the US had some kind of moral obligation to maintain its debt because it is what kept the rest of the world's economy afloat.

The only problem with his statement is that you didn't even need to go outside the Bush administration.

The line is not likely to make this week's eulogies to Ronald Reagan, but when Vice President Cheney allegedly declared, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he summed up an enduring argument from the former president's economic legacy.

washingtonpost.com: Reagan Policies Gave Green Light to Red Ink

You made the claim...Back it up.

Oh, you think you're getting clever, don't you? You're finally starting to learn how to argue correctly. Okay, I'll tell you what....I'll back up my claim just as soon as the OP backs up his claim about what political stances people will be taking two years from now. Because that is the subject we are discussing.
Bullshit..The OP makes a prediction and offers and opinion.
on the other hand ,you stated the occurance of an actual event.
Go find a link and show proof of your claim.

Good luck two years from now seeing if this pointless prediction comes true. But I seem to recall during the early Bush years people like Rush defending Bush's extreme spending by saying that the US debt was not that concerning, and going so far as to suggest that the US had some kind of moral obligation to maintain its debt because it is what kept the rest of the world's economy afloat.

The only problem with his statement is that you didn't even need to go outside the Bush administration.

The line is not likely to make this week's eulogies to Ronald Reagan, but when Vice President Cheney allegedly declared, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he summed up an enduring argument from the former president's economic legacy.

washingtonpost.com: Reagan Policies Gave Green Light to Red Ink
Deflecting onto Reagan doesn't offer proof of anything that Rush said about Shrubbie's six-year profligate spending spree.

Try again.

Wrong.

The OP isn't the issue with what you claimed.

Put up or shut up.

They OP is what sets the topic of discussion. If he can't support his prediction, then everything that follows becomes irrelevant. And your insistence on a transcript from Rush is really dodging the point and being narrow sighted. Forget about any given individual. We need a reason to believe that this prediction in the OP will come true. Do we have one? I say no, because the "deficits don't matter" mantra has not historically been a position the left have espoused. It's a position that has been taken by the right in the past. Thus, I do not believe that two years from now the left will suddenly start making this a position of their own. IF anyone does, I expect it to be the right again. But then again, I have no reason to expect that anyone will adopt that position two years from now.

Cut the liberal spin shit.
You have but one choice to save yourself....Find the proof and present it here. Otherwise shut it.

I still say the point is Obama sucks for running a deficit which soaks up x% of our gdp. So do Bush Bush and Reagan.

We can always analyze the balance of congress during different years to deflect some blame but then we spread the glory of any boom times.

Forum List

Back