BP's Missing Millions of Barrels of Oil

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
BP says the Gulf is clean, while scientists from nonpartisan sources say otherwise. What do you think? BP needs to drill with 13 other corporations, or BP needs to continue cleaning? Obama settled on drilling. Meanwhile millions of gallons of crude are somewhere.

January 13, 2011
ENVIRONMENT The Nation / By Naomi Klein 33 COMMENTS Naomi Klein: Hunting the Ocean for BP's Missing Millions of Barrels of Oil
As the gulf is declared "safe," scientists look deep in the sea for evidence of lasting damage.
Continued from previous page

Advertisement For the scientists aboard the WeatherBird II, the recasting of the Deepwater Horizon spill as a good-news story about a disaster averted has not been easy to watch. Over the past seven months, they, along with a small group of similarly focused oceanographers from other universities, have logged dozens of weeks at sea in cramped research vessels, carefully measuring and monitoring the spill's impact on the delicate and little-understood ecology of the deep ocean. And these veteran scientists have seen things that they describe as unprecedented. Among their most striking findings are graveyards of recently deceased coral, oiled crab larvae, evidence of bizarre sickness in the phytoplankton and bacterial communities, and a mysterious brown liquid coating large swaths of the ocean floor, snuffing out life underneath. All are worrying signs that the toxins that invaded these waters are not finished wreaking havoc and could, in the months and years to come, lead to consequences as severe as commercial fishery collapses and even species extinction.

Perhaps not coincidentally, the most outspoken scientists doing this research come from Florida and Georgia, coastal states that have so far managed to avoid offshore drilling. Their universities are far less beholden to Big Oil than, say, Louisiana State University, which has received tens of millions from the oil giants. Again and again these scientists have used their independence to correct the official record about how much oil is actually out there, and what it is doing under the waves.

Naomi Klein: Hunting the Ocean for BP's Missing Millions of Barrels of Oil | Environment | AlterNet

I don't know where the oil went (I'll bet it's somewhere on this planet) but I do know that the economy is in the shitter while Liberal retards like you cry for "mother earth" and resist oil drilling and exploration.

I figure both BP and their scientist opponents are wrong.
But I expect there is plenty more oil out there unaccounted for. Might find some of it next hurricane season.

Let's see...

... first dey have a big ol' blowout inna Gulf o' Mexico...

... den dey missin' millions o' barrels of oil...

... an' dey can't figure out where it went to?

Great mystery ain't it?
:cuckoo:

I think that Obama is declared in contempt of court over the issue.

There are no checks and balances, Obama has implemented Cap and Trade through the EPA and stopped drilling.

Obama is in contempt for disobeying a Federal Superior Court Judge, that is Obama is now breaking the law, Obama and a whole bunch of government workers are committing a felony by defying the Order of Contempt.

If I had the time I would post the details but I just spent hours getting a bunch of stuff together on Howard Zinn, so much to do, so little time.

Agriculture has killed tens of thousands of square miles of the Gulf. It's a daily occurence.

Where's the farming moratorium? Where are the scientists? Did they run out of cramped research vessels?

Agriculture has killed tens of thousands of square miles of the Gulf. It's a daily occurence.

Where's the farming moratorium? Where are the scientists? Did they run out of cramped research vessels?

august3_dead_zone.jpg

I don't know where the oil went (I'll bet it's somewhere on this planet) but I do know that the economy is in the shitter while Liberal retards like you cry for "mother earth" and resist oil drilling and exploration.

So the economy being in the shitter has something to do with drilling & exploration of oil? Righty retards like yourself are why the economy is in the shitter.

Forum List

Back