BPA is not good for your health.

Helios

Jan 27, 2008
Parents Concerned Over Potentially Toxic Baby Bottles
Report Stokes Parents' Fears About Potentially Dangerous Bottles
By GIGI STONE

Feb. 7, 2008—

Over the summer, it was lead paint in toys that had parents on edge. Then, the recall of 1 million cribs raised further red flags. Today, baby bottles may stoke even more concern among stressed-out parents.

"It's just so heartbreaking for moms," says Mary Tyler Johnston, a new mother who lives in Manhattan, "to have to worry about these things, and to feel like you might be harming your child."

Dozens of environmental health organizations in the United States and Canada are calling for an immediate moratorium on the use of a chemical, bisphenol A or BPA in food and beverage containers, including baby bottles. They say a new study found that, when exposed to heat, baby bottles release a chemical that, researchers say, has been linked to obesity, diabetes and developmental problems in lab animals.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4259036&page=1

Proof that corporations love you. And hate profits.

I don't see it as proof of anything but sensationalist overreaction. How long have baby bottles been on the market?

How do you link an inanimate container to obesity? I'd say the odds are FAR better that piss-poor sticking that bottle in whine-ass brats' mouthes to keep them quiet leads to obesity far more than some suddenly-noticed chemical.

I don't see it as proof of anything but sensationalist overreaction. How long have baby bottles been on the market?

How do you link an inanimate container to obesity? I'd say the odds are FAR better that piss-poor sticking that bottle in whine-ass brats' mouthes to keep them quiet leads to obesity far more than some suddenly-noticed chemical.

You're once again missing the point, but it's ok, I'm used to it by now. Is it a leading cause of obesity? Of course not, the article doesn't say that.

The POINT is that the companies making the baby bottles cut corners and didn't make sure their products were safe. It's a baby bottle for pete's sake, you're supposed to heat it up. If heating it up releases a toxic chemical, I don't call getting pissed a "sensationalist overreaction." I guess it's all about priorities. I personally think the welfare of America's babies is more important than the profit margins of some company.

Here's a thought "USE GLASS BOTTLES" If you dont than quit bitching about it. Glass has been around for a very long time and doesn't leach anything into to milk or beverage. People look for convience and when it is given to them they find "something" wrong with it than "blame" the company for making a inferior product. The addage holds true "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" the plastic bottles are significantly cheaper and dont break when dropped howeve if they are a hazard than DONT USE THEM....

Here's a thought "USE GLASS BOTTLES" If you dont than quit bitching about it. Glass has been around for a very long time and doesn't leach anything into to milk or beverage. People look for convience and when it is given to them they find "something" wrong with it than "blame" the company for making a inferior product. The addage holds true "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" the plastic bottles are significantly cheaper and dont break when dropped howeve if they are a hazard than DONT USE THEM....

That's not the point. Companies are expected to provide safe products. Yes, in an ideal world all consumers are educated about all products.. but that's not the reality. You can't "blame" the consumer for buying a cheaper product.

BMW's are safer cars than '80 Ford pickups, but not everyone can afford a BMW. You have to take into account that not everyone has the financial means to buy the safest/best products.

We are talking "bottles" here not BMW vs Ford so the $$$$ is a non issue. If you cant cough up a couple of cents for the safety of your own child dont expect me to say "ahh poor you and shame on the big bad mean company for not giving you better cheap stuff".

Do you know for a FACT that this company knew of the defect prior to release of this product? Do you know if the chemicals in question are released in all manner of heating i.e. microwave vs hot water? These are questions that need to be answered prior to the crucifixion of the company..

We are talking "bottles" here not BMW vs Ford so the $$$$ is a non issue. If you cant cough up a couple of cents for the safety of your own child dont expect me to say "ahh poor you and shame on the big bad mean company for not giving you better cheap stuff".

Do you know for a FACT that this company knew of the defect prior to release of this product? Do you know if the chemicals in question are released in all manner of heating i.e. microwave vs hot water? These are questions that need to be answered propr to the crucifixion of the company..

Well I don't know what "propr" means, but the link is posted and you can read all about it yourself.

Its funny for every study to conclude that BPA is bad for you there are just as many, if not more that prove its isn't

I want to bold a couple of words for you and you tell me what they mean to you

Quote:
Parents Concerned Over Potentially Toxic Baby Bottles
Report Stokes Parents' Fears About Potentially Dangerous Bottles
By GIGI STONE

Feb. 7, 2008—

Over the summer, it was lead paint in toys that had parents on edge. Then, the recall of 1 million cribs raised further red flags. Today, baby bottles may stoke even more concern among stressed-out parents.

"It's just so heartbreaking for moms," says Mary Tyler Johnston, a new mother who lives in Manhattan, "to have to worry about these things, and to feel like you might be harming your child."

Dozens of environmental health organizations in the United States and Canada are calling for an immediate moratorium on the use of a chemical, bisphenol A or BPA in food and beverage containers, including baby bottles. They say a new study found that, when exposed to heat, baby bottles release a chemical that, researchers say, has been linked to obesity, diabetes and developmental problems in lab animals.

BPA has been in use in the plastics industry for decades now its an issue why? This is precisely why the rest of the world looks at us and says we are all crazy.

If you bring up the lead paint in the toys from China, come on unless your child is nawing all the paint off of the toy in question he/she isn't getting enough to matter at all, how many parents let their children chew all the paint off of any toy??

The whole song and dance of the big bad corporate monster lurking around the corner trying to injure us just to take our money is, at best laughable....

Well I don't know what "propr" means, but the link is posted and you can read all about it yourself.
Try using your deductive reasoning and realize I was off by 1 set of letters in my typing but hey thanks for pointing it out, it has since been fixed.

Next time have the link in at the start so I wont have to ask for it.... Isn't that part of the rules or have they changed???

Try using your deductive reasoning and realize I was off by 1 set of letters in my typing but hey thanks for pointing it out, it has since been fixed.

Next time have the link in at the start so I wont have to ask for it.... Isn't that part of the rules or have they changed???

You like links?

A Survey of Bisphenol A in U.S. Canned Foods

March 5, 2007

Summary. Independent laboratory tests found a toxic food-can lining ingredient associated with birth defects of the male and female reproductive systems in over half of 97 cans of name-brand fruit, vegetables, soda, and other commonly eaten canned goods. The study was spearheaded by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) and targeted the chemical bisphenol A (BPA), a plastic and resin ingredient used to line metal food and drink cans. There are no government safety standards limiting the amount of BPA in canned food.

EWG's tests found:

* Of all foods tested, chicken soup, infant formula, and ravioli had BPA levels of highest concern. Just one to three servings of foods with these concentrations could expose a woman or child to BPA at levels that caused serious adverse effects in animal tests.
* For 1 in 10 cans of all food tested, and 1 in 3 cans of infant formula, a single serving contained enough BPA to expose a woman or infant to BPA levels more than 200 times the government's traditional safe level of exposure for industrial chemicals. The government typically mandates a 1,000- to 3,000-fold margin of safety between human exposures and levels found to harm lab animals, but these servings contained levels of BPA less than 5 times lower than doses that harmed lab animals.

http://www.ewg.org/reports/bisphenola

Toxic Baby Bottles?
Feb. 7, 2008(CBS) Common baby bottles sold across North America contain "very significant" levels of a chemical linked to infertility and cancer, according to a report released by a coalition of scientists and environmental-health advocacy groups.

The chemical bisphenol A, which is a synthetic hormone that can leech out of certain plastic when heated, turned up in nine different polycarbonate bottles commonly sold in Canada by three different manufacturers.

Bisphenol A, or BPA, is used to make hard polycarbonate plastic, and can be found in many items, including hard plastic bottles and in a lining of tin or aluminum cans.

The report claims 95 percent of all baby bottled contain BPA, a number which is referenced as according to ScienceNews.org.

“The only appropriate response to evidence that a known toxic chemical leaches from baby products is to phase it out and replace it with safer products in order to prevent harm wherever possible,” report author Mike Schade said in a release. “Environmental health organizations from across the U.S. are calling for an immediate moratorium on the use of BPA in baby bottles and other food and beverage containers.”

According to the report, Baby’s Toxic Bottle: Bisphenol A Leaching from Popular Brands of Baby Bottles, "Bisphenol A is a developmental, neural, and reproductive toxicant that mimics estrogen and can interfere with healthy growth and body function. Animal studies demonstrate that the chemical causes damage to reproductive, neurological and immune systems during critical stages of development, such as infancy and in the womb."

Exposure to BPA is widespread, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which found that 95 percent of Americans tested have detectable levels of BPA in their bodies. A recent study shows that BPA levels are lowest in adults, mid-range in adolescents and highest in children.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/07/health/printable3804860.shtml

Now, let me BOLD some words for you kiddo.

Galvez recommends parents consider the use of glass bottles, or bottles that are advertised as BPA-free.

Already this year, nine states have introduced laws to limit the use of BPA in containers. Suzanne Steward is a new mother who uses them.

"As adults, we can take a few licks, but a small body is something you want to be very careful with, and I just want to take every precaution I can within reason," says Steward.

It's a struggle for so many parents who are trying to make the right choices to keep their children safe.

Gee I wonder why the States are going through all this trouble for a threat that doesn't exist, according to you.

You like links?

http://www.ewg.org/reports/bisphenola

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/07/health/printable3804860.shtml

Now, let me BOLD some words for you kiddo.

Gee I wonder why the States are going through all this trouble for a threat that doesn't exist, according to you.

Lets try reading comprehension shall we... Where did I say the threat doesn't exist??? I stated to you that for every study that is put forth that says there is a problem ther are just as many that say the oppisite...

Because a state legislature puts forth laws to protect us from ourselves I am to take that as proof of a problem. Do you really think that holds merit? State governments are known for kneejerk reaction to "percieved" problems. Lord knows there oare more cancer causing chemicals known to the state of Californian than the rest of the known universe

For the record I already saw and read most of your "links" prior to your post and it is not a matter of my "likeing" links its a common curtesy to post your source of information so the rest of us can see and read where you received your enlightenment....

Does your spell check work? Let's try spelling lessons.

Lets try reading comprehension shall we... Where did I say the threat doesn't exist??? I stated to you that for every study that is put forth that says there is a problem ther are just as many that say the oppisite...

Anyway, the bottom line is that you have yet to show me any evidence that BPA isn't toxic. Criticizing my opinions is fun, but how about some LINKS to support your conclusions that there are all these "oppisite" studies.

Because a state legislature puts forth laws to protect us from ourselves I am to take that as proof of a problem. Do you really think that holds merit? State governments are known for kneejerk reaction to "percieved" problems. Lord knows there oare more cancer causing chemicals known to the state of Californian than the rest of the known universe

Ok, let's see. Do I think State laws hold merit? Um, actually yeah, I do. Do I think State laws are proof of the reality of a problem? I'd rather have the States overreact to a problem than not react at all.

For the record I already saw and read most of your "links" prior to your post and it is not a matter of my "likeing" links its a common curtesy to post your source of information so the rest of us can see and read where you received your enlightenment....

You can bitch and moan all you like, it doesn't change the fact you haven't put forth any kind of argument. Don't the "rules" say you need to back up your baseless blabbering with evidence?

Does your spell check work? Let's try spelling lessons
.You know I don't use spell check on a message board, I really don't see the need if you are such an elitist that it bothers you maybe you shouldn't be on these boards. That being said it is generaly BAD FORM to comment on anothers spelling errors or punctuation.. Thats what secretaries are for anyway..

Anyway, the bottom line is that you have yet to show me any evidence that BPA isn't toxic. Criticizing my opinions is fun, but how about some LINKS to support your conclusions that there are all these "oppisite" studies.

You link links?

Here yaa go...

These first are a list of studies done by the *gasp* government of the US and other countries try looking them up..
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on baby bottles, water bottles and cut portions of baby bottles under "typical/normal use" conditions (Biles et al, 1997);

U.K. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF) on baby bottles subjected to as many as 30 cycles of cleaning, sterilizing and simulated use (Mountfort et al, 1997; MAFF, 1997);

U.K. Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Consumer Affairs Directorate on baby bottles handled under "realistic worst-case conditions of use" (Earls et al, 2000);

Japanese National Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) on tableware and baby bottles under conditions representative of normal consumer use (Kawamura et al, 1998); and

Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc. (SPI) on polycarbonate discs under the most rigorous conditions recommended by FDA (Howe and Borodinsky, 1998
).

http://www.radicalcongruency.com/20050405-are-nalgene-bottles-unsafe-1

Using these results, the estimated dietary intake of BPA from polycarbonate is less than 0.0000125 milligrams per kilogram body weight per day. This level is more than 4000 times lower than the maximum acceptable or “reference” dose for BPA of 0.05 milligrams per kilogram body weight per day established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Stated another way, an average adult consumer would have to ingest more than 600 kilograms (about 1,300 pounds) of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate every day for an entire lifetime to exceed the level of BPA that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has set as safe. link

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-08-08-bisphonolA_N.htm
let me highlight a few key words for you since I noted earlier you have a problem with comprehension..
An expert government panel Wednesday dismissed many health concerns about a common and controversial chemical called bisphenol A.
Studies have found the chemical, used in plastics and metal can linings, in 95% of Americans tested. The panel's report has been closely watched by environmentalists, scientists and industry, because the National Toxicology Program will consider it when issuing the federal government's official stance on whether bisphenol A poses a reproductive risk.

The panel expressed "minimal" or "negligible" concern that exposure to bisphenol A in the womb affects the prostate, accelerates puberty or causes birth defects; that it causes infants and children to enter puberty early; or that exposed adults suffer reproductive effects.

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/86/i05/8605notw6.html
A STUDY conducted by researchers at the University of Missouri, Columbia, strikes at the heart of a federal panel's conclusions about the health concerns of bisphenol A (BPA)—the high-production-volume chemical used to make polycarbonate plastic (Repro. Tox. DOI:10.1016/j.reprotox.2008.01.001), say experts in the field.

Last August, a panel appointed by the National Toxicology Program's Center for the Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction (CERHR) reported that it had "some concern" that prenatal exposure to BPA causes neural and behavioral defects in infants and children, and "minimal" or "no concern" about any other health effects. It reached these conclusions by considering only those studies in which lab animals had been exposed orally to BPA and disregarding all experiments in which the animals had been injected or given the compound subcutaneously.

heres a web sight to start with maybe it can give a little insight on the product your concerned with..

http://www.bisphenol-a.org

Ok, let's see. Do I think State laws hold merit? Um, actually yeah, I do. Do I think State laws are proof of the reality of a problem? I'd rather have the States overreact to a problem than not react at all.

So would this be ALL state laws or only the ones that have your agenda?

You can bitch and moan all you like, it doesn't change the fact you haven't put forth any kind of argument. Don't the "rules" say you need to back up your baseless blabbering with evidence?

I'm not the one bitching and moaning here. As you will note I have supplied you with ample information for you to do a little "research". You don't like to be called on the "asertions" that you have put forth or even to be questioned. That tells me your either elitest or close minded, which is it?

I am in full agreement with Gunny on this one the it is just "sensationalist overreaction" and that is it. I think you just read an article and decided to jump on the band wagon without any further research. I also think your a smug little man with your "baseless blabbering" spiel and pointing out misspelled words. Next time try at least a google search when posting something of this nature.. Don't be so sensitive when someone questions your particular point of view!! You never know you may learn something if your willing to OPEN your eyes... Even from people who occasionaly misspell a word or two

.You know I don't use spell check on a message board, I really don't see the need if you are such an elitist that it bothers you maybe you shouldn't be on these boards. That being said it is generaly BAD FORM to comment on anothers spelling errors or punctuation.. Thats what secretaries are for anyway..

Your spelling is in BAD FORM.

You link links?

Here yaa go...

These first are a list of studies done by the *gasp* government of the US and other countries try looking them up..

I would rather trust independent laboratories (see my source) than *gasp* government studies of bisphenol A. You do understand that I realize its a fatal toxin, I'm just saying if there's ANY chance it could have adverse effects and if there is enough evidence out there to at least demonstrate concern in the scientific community, we shouldn't use BPA. Why take the chance? It's our babies we're talking about here, taxing the living shit out of the future is one thing, we don't need to feed it toxic chemicals. Doesn't our health have enough to deal with insofar as pollution, global warming, junk food etc? Why are you so intent on defending the corporations? They only give a shit about you because you're putting the money in their pockets, if they can get away with something, they will.

Irrelevant. Nalgene bottles aren't heated up. My articles argue that unsafe amounts of BPA are released when heat is applied.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-08-08-bisphonolA_N.htm
let me highlight a few key words for you since I noted earlier you have a problem with comprehension..

Once again, why do you trust this "expert government panel"?

"This is what it's coming down to: do you believe your neighbors, do you believe the people who live in your home town, or do you believe these mad dog killers in Washington DC?"

Paris - Sheep to the Slaughter

OH, before I forget, heres the link.
http://artists.letssingit.com/paris-lyrics-sheep-to-the-slaughter-s8bjld8

"Some concern" is good enough for me.

heres a web sight to start with maybe it can give a little insight on the product your concerned with..

http://www.bisphenol-a.org

Wow, interesting source. "Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical used primarily to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins – both of which are used in countless applications that make our lives easier, healthier and safer, each and every day." Yeah, that doesn't sound like corporate propaganda at ALL. Spare me.

So would this be ALL state laws or only the ones that have your agenda?

My agenda is the health and liberty of the people. What's yours?

I'm not the one bitching and moaning here. As you will note I have supplied you with ample information for you to do a little "research". You don't like to be called on the "asertions" that you have put forth or even to be questioned. That tells me your either elitest or close minded, which is it?

You use the word elitist a lot.. or "elitest" as you like to say. As you will note I have supplied you with unbiased studies, instead of blog entries and corporate propaganda. I love being questioned on my um, "assertions" but I don't like your attitude, or your spelling. Go find me some independent studies that downplay the "concerns" of BPA release during the heating process.

You're either blissfully ignorant or ignorantly blissful, which is it?

I am in full agreement with Gunny on this one the it is just "sensationalist overreaction" and that is it. I think you just read an article and decided to jump on the band wagon without any further research. I also think your a smug little man with your "baseless blabbering" spiel and pointing out misspelled words. Next time try at least a google search when posting something of this nature.. Don't be so sensitive when someone questions your particular point of view!! You never know you may learn something if your willing to OPEN your eyes... Even from people who occasionaly misspell a word or two

I don't think any serious "concerns" about the health and safety of the people should be ignored or understated. You might realize a thing or two about the reality of how this country works now, if you're willing to open your eyes that is. Big business doesn't care about you, ok? Get it through your head that government and business are in bed, and fucking over the people. If you don't realize that, you might have been BORN blind. The population is getting continually fatter and dumber, under the explicit guidance of the media we are exposed to, as well as the consumer choices we are given. If this doesn't CONCERN you, you aren't paying attention kiddo.

Your spelling is in BAD FORM.
that is your opinion and only your opinion... Once again why does this matter to you. Do you use spell check to be sure you never have a spelling error. If so your no better than anyone else that doesn't utilize that feature.... You just have the computer check it for you.....

I would rather trust independent laboratories (see my source) than *gasp* government studies of bisphenol A. You do understand that I realize its a fatal toxin, I'm just saying if there's ANY chance it could have adverse effects and if there is enough evidence out there to at least demonstrate concern in the scientific community, we shouldn't use BPA. Why take the chance? It's our babies we're talking about here, taxing the living shit out of the future is one thing, we don't need to feed it toxic chemicals. Doesn't our health have enough to deal with insofar as pollution, global warming, junk food etc? Why are you so intent on defending the corporations? They only give a shit about you because you're putting the money in their pockets, if they can get away with something, they will.
Yet your willing to trust the government to enact laws to save you. You can't have it both ways either you trust the govt or you don't...

Irrelevant. Nalgene bottles aren't heated up. My articles argue that unsafe amounts of BPA are released when heat is applied.
MAYBE. but is it at unsafe levels?

Once again, why do you trust this "expert government panel"?

"This is what it's coming down to: do you believe your neighbors, do you believe the people who live in your home town, or do you believe these mad dog killers in Washington DC?"

Paris - Sheep to the Slaughter
Once again you TRUST the government to make laws to protect you yet you say you don't trust the government to study adverse effects of BPA, hmmmmm how hypocriticle....

OH, before I forget, heres the link.
http://artists.letssingit.com/paris-lyrics-sheep-to-the-slaughter-s8bjld8

"Some concern" is good enough for me
.Well good for you!!

Wow, interesting source. "Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical used primarily to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins – both of which are used in countless applications that make our lives easier, healthier and safer, each and every day." Yeah, that doesn't sound like corporate propaganda at ALL. Spare me.
It is a source and it would behoove you to read a little more than the propaganda you spew...

My agenda is the health and liberty of the people. What's yours?
Me I have no agenda to really speak of. I believe in live and let live.... good or bad...

You use the word elitist a lot.. or "elitest" as you like to say. As you will note I have supplied you with unbiased studies, instead of blog entries and corporate propaganda. I love being questioned on my um, "assertions" but I don't like your attitude, or your spelling. Go find me some independent studies that downplay the "concerns" of BPA release during the heating process.
Unbiased???? you have got to be kidding me anyone that does a study has preconceived notions of how it will turn out NOTHING is done for "unbiased" reason!!

You're either blissfully ignorant or ignorantly blissful, which is it?
Neither. I am who I am and I don't pretend to be "better" than others just because they don't agree with me..

I don't think any serious "concerns" about the health and safety of the people should be ignored or understated. You might realize a thing or two about the reality of how this country works now, if you're willing to open your eyes that is. Big business doesn't care about you, OK? Get it through your head that government and business are in bed, and fucking over the people. If you don't realize that, you might have been BORN blind. The population is getting continually fatter and dumber, under the explicit guidance of the media we are exposed to, as well as the consumer choices we are given. If this doesn't CONCERN you, you aren't paying attention kiddo.
I guarantee you I have more concern for health and safety of people in the US than you could possibly comprehend. I do however, take exception with people telling others the sky is falling every time we turn around. Today a study says, this tomorrow a study says the opposite. There are many more concerns you should have other than the "possible" problems with BPA.

Better to be born blind than to blindly follow... As for the population getting fatter and dumber, thank your government that you like to think is taking care of you with their laws (think education and lack of physical activity in the school system)

As far as kiddo you don't even know me or my age or anything about me yet you assume I am younger and less educated than you.... Hmmmmmmm can you say elitist There I spelled it correctly for you

You do understand that I realize its a fatal toxin, I'm just saying if there's ANY chance it could have adverse effects and if there is enough evidence out there to at least demonstrate concern in the scientific community, we shouldn't use BPA. Why take the chance? It's our babies we're talking about here, taxing the living shit out of the future is one thing, we don't need to feed it toxic chemicals
I did want to draw attention to this one little bit. Have you ever read ANY package insert on ANY drug manufactured for your health?? Just so you know I have and do everyday and I think you might be surprised at what information is in a PDA. Do me a favor and go read the contraindications and possible side effects of Aspirin than get back to me on BPA and how much is possibly leaching out when the bottle are heated.

that is your opinion and only your opinion... Once again why does this matter to you. Do you use spell check to be sure you never have a spelling error. If so your no better than anyone else that doesn't utilize that feature.... You just have the computer check it for you.....

Don't be so sensitive about your spelling kiddo. If you cant take a joke get out of the kitchen. Me personally, I just try to spell things right the first time. But to each his own. Besides, when you get a word wrong, there's the handy red squiggly line to help you out.

Yet your willing to trust the government to enact laws to save you. You can't have it both ways either you trust the govt or you don't...

Save me? Try to keep up. I said I'd rather have the State government overreact to a problem than not react at all, which has been it's policy in most cases. The words "reading comprehension" come to mind.. who said that? I don't trust government studies about things that effect business.

MAYBE. but is it at unsafe levels?

Is maybe not good enough for you? What will it take for you to classify a problem significant? People have to drop dead by the millions? I will say again as I have said before: if there's any chance BPA is harmful, why risk it? Not worth the risk.

Once again you TRUST the government to make laws to protect you yet you say you don't trust the government to study adverse effects of BPA, hmmmmm how hypocriticle....

I don't TRUST the government EVER, when did I say that? Let's try some reading comprehension. Again. And also, you calling me hypocritical is hypocritical in and of itself. You think I'm an elitist, yet you carry yourself with an air of arrogant self-righteousness that screams pompous fool.

.Well good for you!!

A thoughtful response to be sure.

It is a source and it would behoove you to read a little more than the propaganda you spew...

I don't have anything to gain from deceiving people... big business on the other hand, has everything to gain. Think. Thinking is the key.

Me I have no agenda to really speak of. I believe in live and let live.... good or bad...

Spare me the innocent bystander routine.

Unbiased???? you have got to be kidding me anyone that does a study has preconceived notions of how it will turn out NOTHING is done for "unbiased" reason!!

Who do you think looks out for the public interest more: independent scientists and consumer advocacy groups or the government? I dare you to say the government.

Neither. I am who I am and I don't pretend to be "better" than others just because they don't agree with me..

Here comes the cretinous drivel about your moral superiority and righteousness.

I guarantee you I have more concern for health and safety of people in the US than you could possibly comprehend. I do however, take exception with people telling others the sky is falling every time we turn around. Today a study says, this tomorrow a study says the opposite. There are many more concerns you should have other than the "possible" problems with BPA.

How many times do I have to tell you I don't think BPA is a HUGE problem, I just think if there's any chance it could have harmful effects on babies we should discontinue its use. Is that too hard to understand? I think holding companies responsible for adverse effects caused by their products is pretty logical.

Better to be born blind than to blindly follow... As for the population getting fatter and dumber, thank your government that you like to think is taking care of you with their laws (think education and lack of physical activity in the school system)

Haha, remind me again who is blindly following and who is arguing against governmental authority. ITA about education and lack of physical activity, by the way. But you can't solely blame the schools for kids getting fatter and dumber, although I concur they are a significant contributing factor. People need to take personal responsibility, as in parents should encourage kids to engage in physical activity OUTSIDE of school; let's stop centering kids' lives around institutions. That only breeds blind following.

As far as kiddo you don't even know me or my age or anything about me yet you assume I am younger and less educated than you.... Hmmmmmmm can you say elitist There I spelled it correctly for you

Whatever kiddo. Don't take it so hard.

I did want to draw attention to this one little bit. Have you ever read ANY package insert on ANY drug manufactured for your health?? Just so you know I have and do everyday and I think you might be surprised at what information is in a PDA. Do me a favor and go read the contraindications and possible side effects of Aspirin than get back to me on BPA and how much is possibly leaching out when the bottle are heated.

I stay away from prescription and common drugs. I stick to home remedies, unless I'm facing a serious illness. But there's really no need to take a magic pain pill every time you stub your toe. So don't give me your spiel about Aspirin is bad. Take 10 Aspirins and it'll be your last motherfucking headache, yet it's legal. Smoke 10 blunts and you'll be happy, hungry and sleepy. Why is marijuana illegal? Logic isn't present in which drugs are allowed and which aren't, only business is present. The pharmacy empire is very powerful in America, it's a multi billion dollar industry. If you think they don't influence and guide U.S. policy on drugs, you're kidding yourself.

So basically, stop interpreting into my positions and putting words in my mouth before you know what I'm about. Kiddo.

Haha, remind me again who is blindly following and who is arguing against governmental authority. ITA about education and lack of physical activity, by the way. But you can't solely blame the schools for kids getting fatter and dumber, although I concur they are a significant contributing factor. People need to take personal responsibility, as in parents should encourage kids to engage in physical activity OUTSIDE of school; let's stop centering kids' lives around institutions. That only breeds blind following.
You have come upon something I can agree with you 100%:clap2:

Forum List

Back