BP, what is the f*#&@! delay?

IOW, Blame BP for not cleaning up this nightmare of an engineering challenge fast enough, but tie their hands by eliminating the proven tools that could make the effort more effective.

Add to that the Fed's delay in providing permits so that LA can dredge and build sand berms to protect coasts, and we can really see how the Feds are adding value to the process.

Yes, there's plenty of blame to go around...Like WHY didn't anyone figure all this stuff out BEFORE a catastrophe happened. Don't they do cost/benefit analysis of worst case scenarios, etc. A PLAN for immediate action and expedited permits, etc.

Now they say the dispersent may to turn out to be just as damaging to wildlife although it may allow BP to contain more of the oil somehow. Why hadn't they (everyone involved with the decision making) considered ALL of these factors beforehand is beyond me.

I just pray the "top kill" they're going to try this week actually works! :eusa_pray:

I hope it works as well. If it doesn't seal this evening, the Gulf is gonna be a major dead zone I'm afraid.

And it's gonna go all the way up to Virginia if it keeps going into that loop.

We still have no real idea of how much oil is in the ocean now, so it may well go all the way up the coast even if they succeed in stopping it now.

Perhaps GayBiker could volunteer to go down and fix it for them, since he seems to know more than the thousands of experts they got working on it.

As an aside, what is the point of asking a question and then answering it yourself? Personally I find that odd. If you know the answer, don't bother asking the fucking question.

This spill is an engineering nightmare.

It is quite deep, and nobody has ever had to handle something like this in the past.

Considering the costs to BP in terms of money and reputation, it's highly implausible that they are dragging this out on purpose.
They've lost, like, three days' profits :eusa_eh:

The solution is simple: drill the relief well at the same time as the regular well. If the shit meets the fan, you tap the relief well and drill the last section of it. Some places already require this practice.

IOW, Blame BP for not cleaning up this nightmare of an engineering challenge fast enough, but tie their hands by eliminating the proven tools that could make the effort more effective.

Add to that the Fed's delay in providing permits so that LA can dredge and build sand berms to protect coasts, and we can really see how the Feds are adding value to the process.
What're your babbling about? Only one thing is known to work: relief wells.

The top-kill failed in 200 feet of water and the Sombrero- er, 'top hat' failed last time, too.

They pumped heavy mud into it and so far its holding the leak.... So can we stop repeating the same asinine whining thread topics????

This spill is an engineering nightmare.

It is quite deep, and nobody has ever had to handle something like this in the past.

Considering the costs to BP in terms of money and reputation, it's highly implausible that they are dragging this out on purpose.

It only took the Saudis a few weeks to do their stuff.

BP has delayed for a while. Not only that, they've lied repeatedly, and because of the fallout from seeing the spill at the bottom, they are turning off the camera tomorrow for public view.

They're still trying to cover shit up and probably are just waiting for the heat to die down before forgetting all about this crap.
You can fault them for a lot of things but I do not think they have delayed. From what I understand they, along with people from across the industry and the government, have worked on stopping this to the best of their ability.

Trouble is that it so far has been beyond anyone's ability.

They pumped heavy mud into it and so far its holding the leak.... So can we stop repeating the same asinine whining thread topics????

as soon as you stop whining in your every response. mmmmkay?

and what whining thread topic would that be?

the whining rightwingnuts obamaderangement threads?

i'm for that.

you?

as soon as you stop whining in your every response. mmmmkay?

and what whining thread topic would that be?

the whining rightwingnuts obamaderangement threads?

i'm for that.

you?

Whining in every response? Yeah okay..... Don't read my posts much do you...

BTW, im not a right winger so trying to bait me with that right-wing dismissal nonsense isn't bothering me....

ya know whats funny.....Every time anyone disagrees with a lefty policy, the lions share of you libs immediately call it right wing.... According to your logic all who do not agree with every liberal/progressive policy is a right winger.. Even more ridiculous your progressive president has mirrored bush's economic policies and you idiots think its somehow obviously different.... pathetic really....

And how many threads on this have we had? Its been one crying thread after another everyday... And of course your favorite little progressive media has to keep a live camera on the thing 24/7 just so you all have something to fuss over.... Fucking ridiculous man, they basically show you what pathetic moonbats you are with that crap and instead of being insulted, you are all happy CNN has been so forthcoming... THey are feeding your own worst traits and you think its responsible journalism....
:lol:

And how many threads on this have we had? Its been one crying thread after another everyday... And of course your favorite little progressive media has to keep a live camera on the thing 24/7 just so you all have something to fuss over.... Fucking ridiculous man, they basically show you what pathetic moonbats you are with that crap and instead of being insulted, you are all happy CNN has been so forthcoming... THey are feeding your own worst traits and you think its responsible journalism....

:rolleyes:

Yeah because wanting to see for yourself, trying to understand the facts involved, and not relying on some reporter's description is just SO ridiculous.

This board is meant to share information about current events in order to foster discussions about them.

“BP oil spill live feed” climbed close to the top of a list of hot searches on Google on Wednesday afternoon (“top kill video” and “oil spill top kill” were also on the list). The video of a brown undulating gusher against the deep blue water has been popular since it was posted May 18. BP said that more than 300,000 people viewed it on Tuesday alone.

And a spokesman for Representative Edward J. Markey, Democrat of Massachusetts, said that more than a million people had viewed the “spill cam” on a House Web site. PBS has created a widget to let people embed the video on their own sites.

A spike in interest seemed to come after BP announced Tuesday that it would continue the live stream during its effort to stop the flow by pumping thousands of pounds of heavy fluids into the leak, though viewers were warned not to read too much into what they saw at any given moment. BP had considered stopping the feed during the procedure, but decided that the show would go on.

“They realized that this is a time when their solution affects the American people,” said Eban Burnham-Snyder, Mr. Markey’s spokesman. “And this is now a very public spill, and so the solution should be made public as well.”

BP Video of Oil Spill Draws Big Web Audience - NYTimes.com

i will never condemn the press for reporting or showing via video, the actual NEWS or CURRENT events....

i wish they had live streaming video, on all the issues that they report on instead of a minor clip, then a bunch of twisting and turning of the issues!!!!

:rolleyes:

Yeah because wanting to see for yourself, trying to understand the facts involved, and not relying on some reporter's description is just SO ridiculous.

This board is meant to share information about current events in order to foster discussions about them.

“BP oil spill live feed” climbed close to the top of a list of hot searches on Google on Wednesday afternoon (“top kill video” and “oil spill top kill” were also on the list). The video of a brown undulating gusher against the deep blue water has been popular since it was posted May 18. BP said that more than 300,000 people viewed it on Tuesday alone.

And a spokesman for Representative Edward J. Markey, Democrat of Massachusetts, said that more than a million people had viewed the “spill cam” on a House Web site. PBS has created a widget to let people embed the video on their own sites.

A spike in interest seemed to come after BP announced Tuesday that it would continue the live stream during its effort to stop the flow by pumping thousands of pounds of heavy fluids into the leak, though viewers were warned not to read too much into what they saw at any given moment. BP had considered stopping the feed during the procedure, but decided that the show would go on.

“They realized that this is a time when their solution affects the American people,” said Eban Burnham-Snyder, Mr. Markey’s spokesman. “And this is now a very public spill, and so the solution should be made public as well.”

BP Video of Oil Spill Draws Big Web Audience - NYTimes.com

What facts can discerned by a live feed of an oil spill? The oil is leaking thats about it....

That entire fiasco was about appealing to fears and ratings.... Your own referenced article shows this all too clearly... Why tell us it was the number one on google? What purpose does that serve other than to remind us its on and popular? Its advertisement plain and simple...

So we start televising disasters as they happen 24/7 whats next? Live executions? Hey why not, we can all see it as it really is... Its just ignorant how they can televise anything they want to and as long as it has a liberal label on it, its all good and informative. It was fear media plain and simple, it served no genuine informative purpose....

What facts can discerned by a live feed of an oil spill? The oil is leaking thats about it....

There have been a lot of facts posted in the various threads on this topic, created by several concerned posters as things progressed since April 20th. Get over it.

I posted the article about the popularity of the live feed in response to your post to Jillian.

What purpose does that serve
other than to remind us its on and popular? Its advertisement plain and simple...

Its just ignorant how they can televise anything they want to and as long as it has a liberal label on it, its all good and informative. It was fear media plain and simple, it served no genuine informative purpose....

If you had bothered to actually read any of the posts made by several posters on this subject, you would already know the answers to your own questions, but evidently you'd rather whine about liberals. :lol:

An independent scientist says the Gulf of Mexico oil spill appears to be even larger than he previously thought, based on analysis of a video released by the Senate. The video shows a dramatic gusher of oil coming from near the well's ill-fated blowout preventer.

Steve Wereley went from being a respected but little known engineering professor at Purdue University to being the center of attention last week after he produced a startling new estimate of the size of the spill. Using a well-established scientific technique to measure flow from the biggest of three leaks near the seafloor, he determined that the flow coming out of the end of the pipe could be 10 times the size of the official figure.

Wereley has now analyzed video of a second leak. At a hearing on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, he said that leak alone appears to be bigger than the official estimate of 5,000 barrels a day.

Wereley's flow rate includes both gas and oil, so he says his figures may come down once he sees enough video to be able to quantify the amount of gas.

"But from what I see in the videos, I don't see the numbers coming down that significantly," he says.

Camilli said he hoped to use the information about oil flow to help scientists measure the magnitude of a spill that's not only on the surface of the ocean but also spreading deep underwater. "Understanding and knowing the total amount of oil that has been released is going to be critical so that we know how much was on the surface, we know how much remains subsurface, and we can track it and attempt to mitigate it."

Measuring Oil Flow

Rep. Ed Markey (D-MA) called Wereley to talk to his House Energy subcommittee after noting the huge discrepancy between Wereley's numbers and BP's oft-quoted estimate, which is based on a survey of oil on the ocean surface.

When asked Wednesday what the likelihood was that BP's figures were accurate, Wereley said he didn't see "any possibility, any scenario under which their number is accurate."

Wereley told the committee he would like clean video from BP — and lots of it — in order to sort out how much of the flow is oil versus gas and to figure out if the flow has varied since it began nearly a month ago.

BP has started to provide more video to a Senate committee. But the oil company rejected a plan that would have produced an independent measure of the oil flow.

Scientist: BP's Oil Spill Estimates Improbable : NPR

There have been a lot of facts posted in the various threads on this topic, created by several concerned posters as things progressed since April 20th. Get over it.

I posted the article about the popularity of the live feed in response to your post to Jillian.

How many threads? That is my point here... its a broken record and virtually none of them were anything more than wanting to blame someone .. BP and transocean and haliburton will pay for the cleanup... Repeating the same thread topic over and again is just ignorant and shows its about blaming and reminding everyone BP did it.

Multiple threads on the same subject a great many of them were utter nonsense propaganda. Remember the several Spidermantuba started? Most of them were not about truth or facts at all. Some of them claimed BP was trying to get out of paying... THat was a bald faced lie and upon reading the article he used it was easily seen.... how was that informative? it was propaganda and bullshit....

Last edited:
i will never condemn the press for reporting or showing via video, the actual NEWS or CURRENT events....

i wish they had live streaming video, on all the issues that they report on instead of a minor clip, then a bunch of twisting and turning of the issues!!!!
can't you merge all these damned threads?

Forum List

Back