BP, what is the f*#&@! delay?

Discussion in 'Environment' started by ABikerSailor, May 25, 2010.

1. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,410
    BP is supposed to try to cap the well tomorrow.

My question is...........it's been over a month, why hasn't it been done yet? Why haven't they cleaned up the spill?

I'll give you the answer. Greed. BP is making money and they don't care what happens. In the 90's, there was a large oil spill that the Saudis kept secret. Why? Because their companies took care of the problem as soon as it happened and got after it.

85 percent of the oil was recovered and processed by the way.

Here's how the Saudis did it..........

Pay attention to the last part.........BP won't send in empty ships because they'll lose money.

On the other side of this cluster fuck? Well, now it's being said that the chemicals being put into the Gulf to counteract the oil are actually more toxic than anticipated. Studies are going to be started to review this, but my question is WHY THE FUCK WASN'T IT DONE ALREADY?

Oh yeah.........BP SAYS they are committed to this, but I wonder about that, especially when I watched the History Channel this weekend and found out about PRP. It's an oil cleanup material made from beeswax.......

PRP OIL Buster

What's even better is the company that makes it is based in Ohio. Keeping American jobs going while we clean up the bullshit left by foreign countries.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    They're doing it just to piss you off...I mean more so than usual.

3. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,410
    What pisses me off the most is the incompetent answers that their so called "experts" keep throwing out.

Shit..........they know how to drill, but they don't have a clue as to what to do when shit starts flying. I wonder if their think tank actually has any brainpower in it?

Fuck.......I'm just a country boy from Montana, and already I've got better ideas than these morons.

4. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,721
    This spill is an engineering nightmare.

It is quite deep, and nobody has ever had to handle something like this in the past.

Considering the costs to BP in terms of money and reputation, it's highly implausible that they are dragging this out on purpose.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    The USA has been working on an experimental supertanker that sucks up huge volumes of water and oil, so far the Lewinsky has performed superbly

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,410
    It only took the Saudis a few weeks to do their stuff.

BP has delayed for a while. Not only that, they've lied repeatedly, and because of the fallout from seeing the spill at the bottom, they are turning off the camera tomorrow for public view.

They're still trying to cover shit up and probably are just waiting for the heat to die down before forgetting all about this crap.

7. BolshevikHunter

BolshevikHunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +273
    I said it before and I'll say it again, If they can't fix it in the event of a disaster, The dumb shits had no business drilling at that depth to begin with. Greed will proceed. ~BH

8. Middleman

Middleman Defender of the month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I'm wondering why they didn't have a disaster plan in place. This has got to be a foreseeable possible event. They didn't really seem to have given much forethought to how they would handle such a possibility.

They semi-quickly threw together that first contraption, that failed. They never gave much thought to these ice crystals that apparently formed to thwart that. Don't they have some brilliant geologists and hydro-geologists who work for their company? Don't they have accomplished engineers?

Our Apollo 13 crew would have this fixed with something they found in their basement...

9. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    We have had two major dams fail in the US because engineers would not listen to geologists. Why do you think that anything has changed.

10. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    I don't get the correlation between geologists and the BP blowout.