BP Is Killing Us. White House Response Pitiful...

British Petroleum and this White House are responsible. If there was a Republican in the White House right now,the Hopey Changeys would be saying the very same thing. Kick British Petroleum out of my country for starters. We will never fully recover from their awful disaster. This disaster will be with us for many many years. In fact i would even support criminal charges being filed against BP at this point. Will they ever really be held accountable though? Don't count on it.

my question is....was it opperartor error (bp)....mfr error (cameron)....equipment failure (valve)......regulation failure.....

e: all of the above....

British Petroleum and this White House are responsible. If there was a Republican in the White House right now,the Hopey Changeys would be saying the very same thing. Kick British Petroleum out of my country for starters. We will never fully recover from their awful disaster. This disaster will be with us for many many years. In fact i would even support criminal charges being filed against BP at this point. Will they ever really be held accountable though? Don't count on it.

my question is....was it opperartor error (bp)....mfr error (cameron)....equipment failure (valve)......regulation failure.....

I hear ya but it's all on British Petroleum in the end. What a sad & awful tragedy.

Oh hey,just heard the President is now sending a "team" in to assess the damage. When did this explosion happen? What took him so long to send his "team" in? Yikes!

I thought coprorations did not need a nanny state government?
And would be responsible for their own actions and cleanup, etc?

This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity. This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact. They have done nothing so far. It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well. This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people. The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region. And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?" Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed? All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement. I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful. They wont even criticize BP for God's sake. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

Drill, baby, drill, now is Spill, baby, spill. Of course, you would like to deflect this onto President Obama. Ain't gonna fly.

You people have fought for the indescrimate drilling for decades. You have fought any kind of regulations on that business. Now the inevitable result is going to be laid at your doorstep. And you are far to late to try to place the blame elsewhere.

I hear ya but it's all on British Petroleum in the end. What a sad & awful tragedy.

Fully predictable and inevitable. Time to get off of petroleum, period.

This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity. This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact. They have done nothing so far. It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well. This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people. The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region. And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?" Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed? All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement. I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful. They wont even criticize BP for God's sake. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

Drill, baby, drill, now is Spill, baby, spill. Of course, you would like to deflect this onto President Obama. Ain't gonna fly.

You people have fought for the indescrimate drilling for decades. You have fought any kind of regulations on that business. Now the inevitable result is going to be laid at your doorstep. And you are far to late to try to place the blame elsewhere.

What is amazing about LAN's posts on this is he claims to be a Libertarian I think or Republican at least. And don't they say corporations can take care of themselves and need no regulations or nanny govt looking after them?
He does not seem to be able to either walk or even talk his talk consistently.

I don't know why I even bother posting in one of your threads anyway.

As usual, you're just saying the same thing over and over, with no supporting evidence.

As usual you're just adjusting the wording of each answer to fit the same talking point into the debate, again, and again.

You are really just so predictable.

BINGO! Predictable and Partisan to a (huge) fault. The San Andreas of MB's.

lol! Yea you two nutters aren't partisan at all. Are you guys being serious? I'm sure if this were a Republican President mishandling this thing this way,you two would be the first ones to call for heads. I'm also sure CNN,NBC,and the NY Times would be doing the same thing. This thing really is much worse than this White House and MSM have reported. It's just so sad.

Mishandling in what manner? Not immediatly bringing in the Navy? I do believe the Coast Guard was there immediatly. And when the full extent of the catastrophe was understood, more resources were brought in.

However, the govenment resources are for reacting to a disaster, and the capping of the well is the responsibility of the oil industry.

All of you who want to whine about an accidental oil spill should put your actions where your mouths are.

Stop heating your homes with oil, stop driving your cars or doing anything else that uses petroleum products.

Then maybe I'll listen to you.

Like I care.

Anyway I do not drive and heat my home with coal generated electricity.
And have made my house as eneregy efficient as I can.
Not watching Fox saves energy.

WTF does Fox news have to do with anything?

Is that supposed to be some sort of clever jibe? I don't watch news on the boob tube so I guess all that wit went to waste.

This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity.

Yup

This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact.

Nonsense

They have done nothing so far.

Misinformation

It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well.

Poppycock

This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people.

Is it? I can't imagine how it can worse than they're already telling us.

How will it be worse, exactly, than we already know it to be?

The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region.

Yes, and the MSM is making that abundantly clear, is it not?

And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?"

They're screeching per usual.

Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed?

The above statement is complete bullshit.

All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Oh for God's sakes, what a load partisan hooey

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement.

Nonsense

I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion.

Of couse that's you opinion. Just look at all the bullshit you're basing it on.

The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful.

What should they have done instead, exactly?

They wont even criticize BP for God's sake.

Should they criticize BP before all the facts are in?

Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

Partisan blather.

I'm sorry. The pResident is busy in a meeting. Would you like to leave a message ?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JAtl3Jm3k]YouTube - Obama Plays HORSE with Clark Kellogg[/ame]

Last edited:

Drill baby drill, right?

Fucking idiot partisans.

I have to come to the defense of the White House. Right now, even as you read this, they are trying to figure out a way to blame this on Bush.

Bingo! Funny but sad too.

The Obama Administration has completely dropped the ball on this. 17 days later the administration finally considers this a serious problem. Day 1 all available resources should have been expended to close off this oil well. None of these people have oil experience. We had to wait for them to get up to speed on this problem. At this level (OJT) is not an option. 17 days it took for government agencies to coordinate.

On top of this the Obama Admin has let most of our bio-diesel plants fail by playing politics costing 60,000 jobs. That is more jobs than any of the Big 3 Auto manufacturers employ. Wishy washy government policy is causing investors to walk on alternative energy investments.

Good show. Quite hacktacular.

:clap2:

I have to come to the defense of the White House. Right now, even as you read this, they are trying to figure out a way to blame this on Bush.

Bingo! Funny but sad too.

The Obama Administration has completely dropped the ball on this. 17 days later the administration finally considers this a serious problem. Day 1 all available resources should have been expended to close off this oil well.

WHAT resources would that have been, exactly?

None of these people have oil experience. We had to wait for them to get up to speed on this problem. At this level (OJT) is not an option. 17 days it took for government agencies to coordinate.

Coordinate what, exactly?

Like I said, You dumb asses have a complete lack of knowledge. Again you are trying to learn too late in the game. OJT was not something we could afford.

This was the assessment from the oil industry from the beginning. - BP is trying an unprecedented operation, which is being conducted remotely a mile down on the seabed, it is a long-shot and they admit they may have to resort to drilling relief wells, a process that would take far longer. It is possible that it could take two to three months for a relief well to be drilled. worst-case scenario that would see recovery teams lose total control of the well and cause the oil to start leaking at a much quicker rate.

Relief well drilling operations should have been underway from the beginning. A replacement drilling rig should have been dispatched immediately instead of relying totally on a long-shot.

Obama has been too busy lately harping about Hispanic families being arrested for buying ice-cream.

Like I said, You dumb asses have a complete lack of knowledge.

Yeah, that's why I asked what should have been done.

Again you are trying to learn too late in the game. OJT was not something we could afford.

I'm not on the job, now am I?

This was the assessment from the oil industry from the beginning. - BP is trying an unprecedented operation, which is being conducted remotely a mile down on the seabed, it is a long-shot and they admit they may have to resort to drilling relief wells, a process that would take far longer. It is possible that it could take two to three months for a relief well to be drilled. worst-case scenario that would see recovery teams lose total control of the well and cause the oil to start leaking at a much quicker rate.

Okay....now what does that have to do with the FAILED government response spme of you partisans are whining about?

Relief well drilling operations should have been underway from the beginning.

And who should have done that?

The Navy or the Army?

A replacement drilling rig should have been dispatched immediately instead of relying totally on a long-shot.

Yeah, so?

Yeah, that's why I asked what should have been done.

I'm not on the job, now am I?

Okay....now what does that have to do with the FAILED government response spme of you partisans are whining about?

And who should have done that?

The Navy or the Army?

A replacement drilling rig should have been dispatched immediately instead of relying totally on a long-shot.

Yeah, so?

I think what Obama and the Democrats need to do is find out how this rig blew up....and figure out who exactly they can blame for it.

Maybe they can figure out an angle to blame it on Bush.

Last edited:
I have started watching the MSNBC series named American greed or somesuch. Pretty interesting and stuff you would never see on FOX.

Look everyone, Luissa and uscitizen are the 2 people that have the stomach to actually watch MSNBC and even admit it............ now that's funny.

Forum List

Back