BP Is Killing Us. White House Response Pitiful...

There is no doubt that this White House has down-played this awful tragedy. They have not been honest with the people. The MSM is also guilty of this. This thing is so much worse than they both previously reported. So who is to blame? Hmm?

The only thing there's no doubt of here Libo, is that you are a serious partisan Hack.

Where'd you even get this talking point from? Is Rush starting in with this already?

The fact you see it that way only proves your own extreme partisanship. If a Republican President handled this awful tragedy this same way,you Hopey Changeys would be the first ones to call for heads. The man is only now sending his "Teams" in to assess the damage? When did the explosion happen for God's sake? They have intentionally down-played the seriousness of this awful calamity. That's just not fair to the people of the Gulf Coast in my opinion. They have been lied to. They should have been warned. This is all just very sad.

There is no doubt that this White House has down-played this awful tragedy. They have not been honest with the people. The MSM is also guilty of this. This thing is so much worse than they both previously reported. So who is to blame? Hmm?

You need someone to blame, of course. Start with BP and their contractors and subsidiaries. Then blame every administration since Jimmy Carter, add the Drill baby drill crowd - mostly Republicans - and self serving pols like Palin and Graham and Gingrich. Blame the Bush (Boooooooooooosh) Administration for its intentional failure to regulate industry and finally blame yourself for being closed minded and impractical.
And then you can blame Obama, you can blame him from one side of your face for doing nothing to prevent the collapse of the oil platform and subsequent economic disaster, and out of the other side of your face blame him for taking on too many issues in his first year in office.
How does one spell hypocrite? L i b o c a l y p s e N o w

Whoa Whoa! Wait a minute. It was your Hopey Changey who just lifted the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. BOOOOOOOOOSH did not do this. Sounds like you Hopey Changeys will just defend anything your guy does. He has totally mishandled this awful tragedy. I don't understand how anyone could see it differently. He's only now sending his "Teams" in to assess the damage? When did the explosion happen? Like talking to a wall. Yikes!

sounds like a bitter little conservative doesn't realize what kind of a punchline he is making himself out to be with this thread.

seriously.

I liked you Left Wing nutters more when you were screeching 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies." At least then you were pretending to have some honesty & credibility. Now no one can trust you guys.

I liked you Left Wing nutters more when you were screeching 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies." At least then you were pretending to have some honesty & credibility. Now no one can trust you guys.

No one I've seen is defending the oil companies. Ultimately it was the fault of those who built the platform and those who maintained and operated the platform. Even a RW troll must understand this. Before the RW troll blames Obama, the RW troll needs to find out under which authority PB received the lease for the site where the platform was erected. That was not Obama or his administration; therefore, it is evident beyond a reasonable doubt that the RW troll is both full of digested bull food and a likely RW Fringer.

Last edited:
I just wonder how long it would have taken Liberal Media outlets like CNN,NBC and the NY Times to have blamed the White House for this calamity if it were a Republican in the White House? Not very long and even the loyal Hopey Changeys must know this. This disaster has not been handled well. It has been down-played by this White House and the MSM. This calamity is much worse than they're telling the people. God Bless the people of the Gulf Coast. They're going to need all the blessings they can get.

Last edited:
Yes the Liberal Media is now beginning to create their "Blame BP" narrative but they are being very careful to not blame the President huh? We all know their reaction would be quite the opposite if a Republican were in office. Seriously,how long would it have taken CNN,NBC,and the NY Slimes to blame the White House if a Republican were in there? Not very long in my opinion. This White House's response to this awful tragedy has been pathetically slow. I don't care how the Liberal Press tries to spin it. This is much worse than previously reported by the MSM and White House. It's very sad.

Libocalypse:
Steve-Carell-Anchorman-The-Legend-of-Ron-Burgundy.7.jpg

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"

Yes the Liberal Media is now beginning to create their "Blame BP" narrative but they are being very careful to not blame the President huh? We all know their reaction would be quite the opposite if a Republican were in office. Seriously,how long would it have taken CNN,NBC,and the NY Slimes to blame the White House if a Republican were in there? Not very long in my opinion. This White House's response to this awful tragedy has been pathetically slow. I don't care how the Liberal Press tries to spin it. This is much worse than previously reported by the MSM and White House. It's very sad.

Libocalypse:
Steve-Carell-Anchorman-The-Legend-of-Ron-Burgundy.7.jpg

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"

Great actor. I love The Office. :)

I don't know why I even bother posting in one of your threads anyway.

As usual, you're just saying the same thing over and over, with no supporting evidence.

As usual you're just adjusting the wording of each answer to fit the same talking point into the debate, again, and again.

You are really just so predictable.

As usual, you're just saying the same thing over and over, with no supporting evidence.

As usual you're just adjusting the wording of each answer to fit the same talking point into the debate, again, and again.

BINGO! Predictable and Partisan to a (huge) fault. The San Andreas of MB's.

lol! Yea you two nutters aren't partisan at all. Are you guys being serious? I'm sure if this were a Republican President mishandling this thing this way,you two would be the first ones to call for heads. I'm also sure CNN,NBC,and the NY Times would be doing the same thing. This thing really is much worse than this White House and MSM have reported. It's just so sad.

lol! Yea you two nutters aren't partisan at all. Are you guys being serious? I'm sure if this were a Republican President mishandling this thing this way,you two would be the first ones to call for heads. I'm also sure CNN,NBC,and the NY Times would be doing the same thing. This thing really is much worse than this White House and MSM have reported. It's just so sad.

Who said I'm not partisan? I damn well am; I'm not stupid so I can't be a RW Fringer.
Yes, it's bad, very bad and now BP wants the government (we, the people) to help. Fuck them, let the evil oil companies pay and pay and pay until the damage they have done is repaired.
For every dollar spent by the Coast Guard and the Federal and state governments to clean up their fuck up, five dollars in fines' and they must lose all leases they hold. I'd add one year or more in prison for the executive management who failed to prevent this ecological disaster.

Last edited:

Who said I'm not partisan? I damn well am; I'm not stupid so I can't be a RW Fringer.
Yes, it's bad, very bad and now BP wants the government (we, the people) to help. Fuck them, let the evil oil companies pay and pay and pay until the damage they have done is repaired.
For every dollar spent by the Coast Guard and the Federal and state governments to clean up their fuck up, five dollars in fines' and they must lose all leases they hold. I'd add one year or more in prison for the executive management who failed to prevent this ecological disaster.

Hey we can agree on something after all. Too bad your Hopey Changey is not going to do any of the things you have suggested. He wont even criticize BP at this point. I think this thing has been handled very badly by this White House,BP,and the MSM. Just my feelings anyway.

This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity. This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact. They have done nothing so far. It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well. This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people. The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region. And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?" Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed? All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement. I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful. They wont even criticize BP for God's sake. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

You left out the part where BP itself lowballed the seriousness of the spill and said they could handle it themselves.

My car get's 40 miles to the gallon, and every car I ever owned got more than 35 to the gallon. ;)
I also rode the bus for three years when I lived downtown.
And my house is heated by natural gas.

So is mine but my wife constantly bitches about the odor and we can't use flammable objects. :eusa_whistle:

You can stop US companies from drilling within our boundrys waters but what is going to stop the chinese russians and who ever from drilling on our coast line just out side of our terrirtories. and what happens if there is another accident It will happen. Oil is constantly leaking somewhere in the Ocean naturally. We need the energy and our job is to try to be careful and clean up if a accident happens. If you use the same logic as with oil drilling accidents we should ban all airflights and automobiles because there might be an accident and people will die.

Kick BP out of my country. Is that too much to ask? What they have done to our country is criminal. Lets go kill some British citizens and flood their coastlines with toxic chemicals. What do you think the British reaction would be to that? Something to ponder.

Cameron International Corp., the second-largest U.S. maker of oilfield equipment located in houston...built the rig....why aren't they being held responsible.....

British Petroleum and this White House are responsible. If there was a Republican in the White House right now,the Hopey Changeys would be saying the very same thing. Kick British Petroleum out of my country for starters. We will never fully recover from their awful disaster. This disaster will be with us for many many years. In fact i would even support criminal charges being filed against BP at this point. Will they ever really be held accountable though? Don't count on it.

Forum List

Back