BP collecting about 10% of oil at this point

Just from what is already in the Gulf, we are going to see catastrophic impacts on the fisheries, and shellfish, of the Gulf. Then there are the bird populations. And the Florida beaches and corals. And that is just the beginning. What happens if we get another Katrina level storm churning around in the Gulf?

I hope they can get it stopped so we can really dig into the cleanup. There are dozens of good ideas out there, we can employ all of them.

I am sure all practical, and even some fairly impractical, ideas, are welcome. This is a hell of an inheritance to hand to our children.

" See this dead, oily vast stretch of mud? That was once a beautiful estruary full of birds, fish, and reptiles. With gorgoues plants and trees. So sorry that you will never see it. Maybe your great-grandchildren, we can always hope."

I am sure all practical, and even some fairly impractical, ideas, are welcome. This is a hell of an inheritance to hand to our children.

" See this dead, oily vast stretch of mud? That was once a beautiful estruary full of birds, fish, and reptiles. With gorgoues plants and trees. So sorry that you will never see it. Maybe your great-grandchildren, we can always hope."

And it will be again. Hopefully sooner than later.

Forum List

Back