BP.... Back in Profit

Gosh, where is the original poster? She seems to have offered another hit & run when challenged on her snarky premise.

As I said months ago, BP has not gone bankrupt, as so many of my fellow Americans so desperately wanted. Quite the opposite, they're fine. Which in turn means their shareholders are fine. I'm glad that the millions of ordinary people who own BP stocks as part of their portfolio will not have their lives ruined.

Oil giant BP has announced a return to profit in the three months to September after last quarter's record loss.

The firm said its replacement cost profit for the period was $1.85bn (£1.15bn), as against the $17bn loss recorded from April to June.

The previous loss reflected the massive costs of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill crisis, which followed an explosion on a drilling rig in April.

BP said the cost of the oil spill had now risen by $7.7bn to $39.9bn.

Bob Dudley, who led the clean-up, became BP's chief executive last month.

He replaced Tony Hayward, who was criticised for his leadership during the crisis.

BP said the $39.9bn cost of the oil spill included $20bn set aside under pressure from the US government for compensation payments.

BBC News - BP back to profit after oil spill

Glad their shareholders will be fine, too bad their employees are still in danger. Hopefully now that they are not bankrupt they can start up grading their equipment, and stop putting so many workers in danger.

I'm glad their shareholders are going to be fine, too. They are, in the main, ordinary people - just like the rest of us. I see no reason why they should lose their pensions because of a bunch of hysterical Americans - and a good few fraudulent claimants.

However, I also hope that BP learn a fucking lesson from this and do actually raise their safety standards - even if that results in higher gas prices.

As I said months ago, BP has not gone bankrupt, as so many of my fellow Americans so desperately wanted. Quite the opposite, they're fine. Which in turn means their shareholders are fine. I'm glad that the millions of ordinary people who own BP stocks as part of their portfolio will not have their lives ruined.

Oil giant BP has announced a return to profit in the three months to September after last quarter's record loss.

The firm said its replacement cost profit for the period was $1.85bn (£1.15bn), as against the $17bn loss recorded from April to June.

The previous loss reflected the massive costs of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill crisis, which followed an explosion on a drilling rig in April.

BP said the cost of the oil spill had now risen by $7.7bn to $39.9bn.

Bob Dudley, who led the clean-up, became BP's chief executive last month.

He replaced Tony Hayward, who was criticised for his leadership during the crisis.

BP said the $39.9bn cost of the oil spill included $20bn set aside under pressure from the US government for compensation payments.

I think it is a great thing that BP is doing well, we need strong companies in this day and age.

Now BP can provide all those nasty petro-chemicals to China, Germany, and Denmark they need to produce renewable energy, you cannot make renewable energy without non renewable oil, you actually need to produce more oil to meet the higher demand for the basic petro-chemicals being consumed at an alarming rate by the Green Energy industry.

Forum List

Back