Boys punished with detention for refusing to pray to Allah

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon

'If Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion there would be war'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 04, 2008
6:15 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Two seventh-grade boys were given detention and their classmates forced to miss their scheduled refreshment break when the pair refused to kneel and pray to Allah during a religious studies class.

Outraged parents called the punishment of the boys for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration at Alsager High School near Stoke-on-Trent, UK, of how Muslims' worship Allah a breach of their human rights.

"This isn't right, it's taking things too far," parent Sharon Luinen told the London Daily Mail.

"I understand that they have to learn about other religions. I can live with that, but it is taking it a step too far to be punished because they wouldn't join in Muslim prayer. Making them pray to Allah, who isn't who they worship, is wrong and what got me is that they were told they were being disrespectful.

"I don't want this to look as if I have a problem with the school because I am generally very happy with it."

More...

If this turns out to be true, how is it any different than making kids recite the pledge with the words "under God?"

Both wrong, IMO.

A pledge is too a country to protect it. I dont care which god you want to pray to. But to make them pray to a SPECIFIC god that allows for ONLY Sharia law is blasphemey. But then I guess you dont mind Sharia law and making little girls marry and have sex at any age?

Hey, looky. a reason to comprehend why forcing ANY religion into a public education environment is a bad idea.

That is exactly what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if this was a private school. The English system is set up differently than the American.

A pledge is too a country to protect it. I dont care which god you want to pray to. But to make them pray to a SPECIFIC god that allows for ONLY Sharia law is blasphemey. But then I guess you dont mind Sharia law and making little girls marry and have sex at any age?

What part of both wrong did you not understand?

So much for all the lib tards screaming about seperation of religion and state.

The UK has a state religion, the Church of England. It's not quite a theocracy but it does dictate a few things, eg the Monarch shall not be a Roman Catholic. I think it's disgusting but there you go.

Of course a kid shouldn't be made to involve themselves in a religious ritual unless they choose to.

Given we're talking about WorldNetDaily, it doesn't appear it happened quite the way they'd like you to think it did. It's the whole BS war on christmas mentality, IMO. Either way, there's another view of what happened.

Robin Lowe was recently fired as principle from the 85% white Friendswood Junior High here in Texas. Lowe was LET GO because of complaints from the fine WHITE Christian parents of Friendswood having their fine WHITE Christian children forcibly subjected to a 30 minute program of diversity training, learning religious tolerance and a bit of multiculturalism presented by two Islamic Houston Islamic women after a Muslim boy at the school was bullied, harassed and put upside down in a trash bin. Friendswood Texas Principle Robin Lowe Fired for Islam Presentation

Houston Independent School District (HISD) has now hired Robin Lowe as principle of Pershing Middle School with nothing but kind words. Robin Lowe to take over Houston's Pershing Middle School

The main instigator in Robin Lowe's removal from Friendswood Middle School was and still is Pastor Dave Welch, executive director of the Houston Area Pastor Council which represents 200 churches in the Houston area. Hearing of her new job at the far more diverse HISD he said he is leery about her new job.

"While we are encouraged that she's no longer the principal at Friendswood Junior High, we hope that she has learned from this experience and will be cautious and follow school policies appropriately this time." Welch said knowing full well there was no school policy that parents must be notified for auditorium presentations.

Friendswood officials are meeting today in nearby Dumbutt to discuss changing the name of their fair city. Suggestions submitted so far are Whitewood, Nastyforest, and GETYERASSOUTOFHERE

Fired Friendswood Principle Robin Lowe Hired by Pershing Middle School - Kick! Making Politics Fun - A liberal dose of political humor

Lowe allowed the [three-hour] presentation after leaders of the Islam council complained that a Muslim student had been stuffed head first into a trash can on her campus. Friends- wood Superintendent Trish Hanks has acknowledged the incident occurred, but she does not believe the boy was targeted because of his religion.

Nancy Loncarich, the president of the parent group at Pershing Middle School, said she is thrilled by Lowe's appointment. Loncarich was on the 14-member committee that interviewed candidates for the job, which drew applicants from across the nation.

"She's a leader amongst her peers," said Loncarich, whose son will be in eighth grade at Pershing in the fall. "She's got a lot of experience dealing with lots of different types of people, which we all thought was a plus."

Pershing is much larger and more diverse than Friendswood Junior High.

Chron.com | News, search and shopping from the Houston Chronicle

Big difference between teaching a bunch of ignorant twits not to beat up Muslim kids and teaching kids to be Muslim. No?

Given we're talking about WorldNetDaily, it doesn't appear it happened quite the way they'd like you to think it did. It's the whole BS war on christmas mentality, IMO. Either way, there's another view of what happened.

Fired Friendswood Principle Robin Lowe Hired by Pershing Middle School - Kick! Making Politics Fun - A liberal dose of political humor

Chron.com | News, search and shopping from the Houston Chronicle

Big difference between teaching a bunch of ignorant twits not to beat up Muslim kids and teaching kids to be Muslim. No?

Wow. I can't say I'm surprised.

If they really asked them to kneel and prey to allah as part of a lesson, that is pretty fucked up man. To some people wouldn't that be a sin or some shit?

I'm just saying.

Depends on their presuppositions, doesn't it?

Some people are threatened by anything which challenges their limited world view, Jillian.

Surely, we both know that.

Some sects of people simply isolate themselves from the other to keep themselves pure of earthyly influence

The Amish are a fairly good example of that, likewise the Hassidim seem to insolate themselves.

The difference here, is that your teacher is not going to send you to detention and/or punish you for not saying under god during the pledge....

Of course, let's blame those "lib tards". They all endorse focrcing Christian children to pray to Allah. :rolleyes:

The vast majority of liberals do not agree with this twisted form of political correctness, so let's refrain from making them a scapegoat.

The UK has a state religion, the Church of England. It's not quite a theocracy but it does dictate a few things, eg the Monarch shall not be a Roman Catholic. I think it's disgusting but there you go.

As long as citizens are allowed free worship, who cares? You're stressing over a harmless custom preserved for traditional/symbolic reasons. As much as we like to think otherwise, every state, including Australia and the United States, have some degree of ethnocultural basis into their legal systems and national folklores (after all, the British monarch is also the Australian monarch, a system that Australians chose to keep in a national referendum). In the United States, for example, as much as we pretend that Thanksgiving is a non-sectarian ethnically-neutral holiday, in reality, it celebrates the arrival of Anglos in the late 16th/early 17th centuries. Hardly ethnically-neutral, yet African-Americans celebrate it too. As long as minorities are tolerated and not prosecuted (and their civil and human rights respected), then who cares? It's wrong to disregard the culture and traditions of the majority who founded the state, and to take them for granted. A country that loses it sense of tradition loses its soul. Britain is and remains one of the most democratic and tolerant nation-states in the world, so why should it matter that the monarch has to be Aglican? It's just a ceremonial position that's handed down by bloodline anyways, thus everyone in the family is already brought up Anglican.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back