Boys falling further behind in K-12 girl centric schools

It would be entirely unsurprising if female humans had an easier time learning--just as with other primate species.

If so, what on earth would that have to do with anything? The point is the education system is systematically removing everything that has to do with the male child, while increasing things that boost the female child.

Really? And literature has not always been part of the curriculum?

:eusa_eh: - you didn't watch the video did you?
Schools have removed books that interested boys and replaced them with books that clearly are meant for girls.
Virtually every single book in school libraries that had an ounce of "violence" - gone, to be replaced by 1000 books on "acceptance" and self discover etc. Boys are never going to read this. Advanced vocabulary is learned primarily from reading. Almost exclusively. The importance of children learning a good vocabulary is more important than the desire of the idiot educators trying to forward an agenda with pansy feel good books that boys cannot stand.

The thing is, there isn't the evidence to support that assertion:

Popular Read In High School Books

Come on Agit8er,

They got their evidence from here:
http://www.prageruniversity.com/index.php

If kids are exposed to bible stories, they might stumble upon the story of that crybaby David and all his emotional turmoil about how he had a "special friendship" with Jonathan, and how Jonathan's dad kept trying to kill him, in between emotional breakdowns. That would turn them into sissies for sure!!!

oh, we're definitely raising a generation of faggots. And I don't mean homosexual, I mean pussies.

If in my older years we suffer another Pearl Harbor, we are fucked. Can you imagine expecting today's pussies to be the next "greatest generation?"

The left want's a generation of "pajama boys"

index.jpg

Interesting video. And very true, today students are disciplined more (70% are boys), most activities and equipment have been removed/banned from school yards. Reading material in today's K-7 is extremely girl centric, poetry, touchy-feely self discovery books etc. etc.
What do you think?

This is entirely intentional. The libturds running our schools are intentionally making it harder to be a male and succeed in this society. They view masculinity as a threat to society.

It would be entirely unsurprising if female humans had an easier time learning--just as with other primate species.

If so, what on earth would that have to do with anything? The point is the education system is systematically removing everything that has to do with the male child, while increasing things that boost the female child.

Really? And literature has not always been part of the curriculum?

Not the kind of queer feminist literature that you like to read.

On the other hand, I would be totally shocked if you ever said anything rational or intelligent.

Republicans and their imaginary state of education. If they would go, they would know. Unfortunately, while the rest of the country is raising a generation of achievers, Republicans are raising a generation of ignorant racists destined to live in trailers and get food stamps from the government their parents taught them to despise.

Republicans and their imaginary state of education. If they would go, they would know. Unfortunately, while the rest of the country is raising a generation of achievers, Republicans are raising a generation of ignorant racists destined to live in trailers and get food stamps from the government their parents taught them to despise.

More imbecile trash from rdean.

The only thing that can save manliness is a constitutional convention

Oh... oh, wait...

I'm not a Republican, and I can tell you first hand that the education system needs to be severely altered (at least in my district). It keeps becoming more of a "one size fits all" in terms of the curriculum and even progress monitoring. The problem is that not every classroom has the same type of learners, let alone every school, let alone every state, let alone the entire nation. The "one size fits all" is a severe problem. I have had severely students go to vocational schools where they will be successful, whereas they would not have been as successful at a traditional high school.

For example we recently had our 1st semester exams. I currently teach four classes of the exact same subject. I work at a school with a very high minority population (there's roughly 26% white students)...most of the students are Mexian/Mexian-Americans. Teaching English this leads to a lot of challenges as many of my students aren't very strong in English. Not as strong as say compared to other schools in my district.

My results of the 4 classes and their scores are: 1 class above district average (by quite a bit), 1 class above district average (by less of a margin), 1 class 0.1% above district average....and my last class was below the district average by a decent amount (not terribly mind you). I teach the exact same material in all 4 classes...in fact the class that scored way below the average is later in the day-so I've already taught the lessons a couple time by then. I spent some time thinking about why they were so low...classroom behavior's not a problem. So I pulled up all of their previous testing grades and monitoring. That students in that class tend to have lower reading levels, and score less on all tests (this indicated to me that it's not entirely my fault why they did poorly). To be honest with you many of the students in class would be better situated at a vocational school, or in a classroom with fewer students, or with a more individualized way of progress monitoring and/or lessons (provided the objectives were the same).

I assure you that it is VERY frustrating when politicians who have never stepped inside of a high school classroom since they were 18 years old 40+ years think that they know what my students need more than I do...even though I've been with them for roughly 6 months now. I'm not against the system-I think overall it works. I do think that teachers should have a little bit more freedom in terms of lessons (NOT the objectives)...at least in my subject and district.

While I think that high schools SHOULD have college/university as the ultimate goal, I realize that that path is not right for every student. I also realize that that's "ok"...there's nothing wrong with students getting different skills elsewhere that will make them successful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back