boycott philly and their sponsors..details here

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
campaign to sack michael vick and boycott the nfl or nfl teams that allow michael vick or any felon to play

this link will give you all the information needed to boycott the eagles and their sponsors....

Tell the nfl and sponsors that you are sick of thugs in the nfl...

I was truly shocked to find the panthers even considering him..but their spokespeople quickly said they were not signing him....the only silver lining in the vick cloud..is the fact that philly fans are mericless...

Yup. :D

I was just watching Phila news and there were quite a few protestors yesterday. They are expecting more today.

Jersey fans should be rooting for the Giants. That's where they play.

I was just watching Phila news and there were quite a few protestors yesterday. They are expecting more today.

Jersey fans should be rooting for the Giants. That's where they play.

Vick doesn't belong in a uniform, pure and simple. As a player he was overhyped to begin with, and as a hero to all the kids who idolize sports pros he's a menace. He's not the only felon on the field, but one more doesn't make it OK. When did character cease to matter?

All I know is I lost what little respect I ever had for the Eagles on this.

Whether we like it or not, fact is, the judge determined he paid his debt to society and let him out. Might as well let him go play football; it's what he knows..

You'd rather he have too much spare time on his hands, and fall back in to abusing more animals?

Whether we like it or not, fact is, the judge determined he paid his debt to society and let him out. Might as well let him go play football; it's what he knows..

You'd rather he have too much spare time on his hands, and fall back in to abusing more animals?

I haven't seen anybody argue he shouldn't be able to make a living. If all he knows is football, he can sit sit behind a microphone or write for SI. But putting on the uniform and being in the spotlight is a privilege, not a right. Or at least, it should be.

I haven't seen anybody argue he shouldn't be able to make a living. If all he knows is football, he can sit sit behind a microphone or write for SI. But putting on the uniform and being in the spotlight is a privilege, not a right. Or at least, it should be.

If you're good enough to be picked to play despite the black cloud you created above your own head, then that's just the way it is..

Incidentally, those uniforms are *earned*; they're neither a privilege, nor a right. Simply earned by being good enough to get one, and the paycheck that goes with it. It's just a job, like any other.

Besides, playing is going to keep him a hell of a lot busier than sitting behind a microphone, or a desk... And when e's not busy playing, or practicing, I think he should be doing community service...

If you're good enough to be picked to play despite the black cloud you created above your own head, then that's just the way it is..

Incidentally, those uniforms are *earned*; they're neither a privilege, nor a right. Simply earned by being good enough to get one, and the paycheck that goes with it. It's just a job, like any other.

I agree the uniforms are "earned", but disagree with the standard used. Although with one exception the teams are technically private entities, in reality they use publicly financed facitlities, enjoy special exemptions and protections from Federal law and most importantly are widely seen as representing the pride of their cities. The character of those who wear the uniform should matter. I'll agree it obviously doesn't, and there's not much I can do about it, but that doesn't change my opinion.

Besides, playing is going to keep him a hell of a lot busier than sitting behind a microphone, or a desk... And when e's not busy playing, or practicing, I think he should be doing community service...

I'll agree with the community service part. :clap2:

I agree the uniforms are "earned", but disagree with the standard used. Although with one exception the teams are technically private entities, in reality they use publicly financed facitlities, enjoy special exemptions and protections from Federal law and most importantly are widely seen as representing the pride of their cities. The character of those who wear the uniform should matter. I'll agree it obviously doesn't, and there's not much I can do about it, but that doesn't change my opinion.

Your opinion is fine. But it would seem more logical to me to keep him where he can do more good than harm, and for him to have as little free time on his hands as humanly possible, since he obviously doesn't know how to use it in a productive manner...

Hate to bring this up, but I have too.

Vick was tried, convicted and served the sentance given him.

You cannot punish him further, its against the law to do so.

Feel free to boo and mock him, but you cannot force him to do community service or anything else, that was for the judge to decide and its over now.

I would not have bothered with him if I were the Eagles, he isn't worth the PR hit, but on the other hand he has the right to play football as the courts say his debt to society is paid.

Your opinion is fine. But it would seem more logical to me to keep him where he can do more good than harm, and for him to have as little free time on his hands as humanly possible, since he obviously doesn't know how to use it in a productive manner...

I understand your point here, but disagree that playing is the right way to protect him from himself. IMO, nobody and nothing can do that effectively.

Feel free to boo and mock him, but you cannot force him to do community service or anything else, that was for the judge to decide and its over now.

I would not have bothered with him if I were the Eagles, he isn't worth the PR hit, but on the other hand he has the right to play football as the courts say his debt to society is paid.

I thought he was still on probation? Perhaps I'm thinking of somebody else.

I understand your point here, but disagree that playing is the right way to protect him from himself. IMO, nobody and nothing can do that effectively.

So what would you have him do, given he's got money up the yin-yang, and isn't going back to prison?

Still irrelivent, you cannot punish him further.

There are worse things, we had a level 3 sexual preditor in our neighborhood recently, by law you could not say a word to him or prevent him from moving in or being in the area.

When the law protests that, which is far worse, I can't get worked up chasing after this idiot who killed dogs.

So what would you have him do, given he's got money up the yin-yang, and isn't going back to prison?

What I think he should do with his time is irrelevant, it's his choice not mine. I'm not arguing other people should go out of their way to keep him busy and out of trouble, I believe staying out of trouble is his responsibility. My beef is with the Eagles as an organization for signing him knowing the black cloud he brings with him and the pall he casts on their reputation and, by extension, everything their reputation is associated with.

I never need extra incentive to hate the eglets.

IMG_3192.jpg

:razz: Go Birds!

Still irrelivent, you cannot punish him further.

There are worse things, we had a level 3 sexual preditor in our neighborhood recently, by law you could not say a word to him or prevent him from moving in or being in the area.

When the law protests that, which is far worse, I can't get worked up chasing after this idiot who killed dogs.

It depends on the terms of his probation, which I don't know. I wouldn't advocate forcing anyone to do community service who isn't subject to further penalty. But you have a point here re: sex offenders. Vick obviously pales in comparison to some of the psychos out there. But IMO there's a difference between playing professional sports and trying to have a job or a place to live. The Eagles are the ones who should know better, and I predict they're going to end up sorry they signed him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back