Boycott of McDonalds Urged - It Just Might Be The End of The World

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
McDonald's is receiving major backlash after a failed attempt at bringing back a cult-favorite sauce.

As previously reported, McDonald’s had agreed to bring back the discontinued Szechuan sauce following pleas from Cartoon Network’s adult cartoon, “Rick and Morty.”

McDonald’s announced last week that for one-day only, the fast food restaurant would carry the Szechuan sauce for customers at participating locations.

That one day – Saturday, October 7 – “Rick and Morty” and Szechuan sauce fans gathered outside McDonald’s restaurants nationwide. Thousands lined up hours before the packets were allowed to be sold, all clamoring for the sweet plum sauce.

However, McDonald’s failed to mention in any of their widespread promos that only 20 packets of the highly anticipated sauce would be available at the stores. The Huffington Post reported that some locations listed online as participating stores didn’t actually have the sauce packets at all or some had sold out before the authorized selling time.

Cops are at Wellington McDonalds where tons of angry people lined up for hrs for Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce only to learn they had none

Once the fans realized that the sauce had been sold out after waiting in line for hours, they were outraged. So much so that the police had to be called to disband an angry crowd surrounding a Wellington, FL McDonald’s.

At another McDonald’s, a mob chanting “we want sauce” formed and the police had to push them back.

Fans call for McDonald's 'boycott' following Szechuan sauce snafu
---------------------------------------------------

And we think Americans have it so rough ... THIS is the worst thing happening to them? It just gets dumber and dumber.

Some people need to get a life. Sweet plum sauce should be available at places other than McDonald's, e.g. a decent Asian market.

Adults lining up for plum sauce because of their favorite cartoon. Awwww.
Plague anyone?

It's stupid, but it's hard not to be entertained when some weird shit like this goes viral. We live in interesting times. :lol:

MacDonalds deserves a large part of the blame. Sure it might have been a good PR stunt in idea... but when you advertise something like this, even with MacDonalds being busy already, how do you limit this kind of stuff to like 25 of them per store, in only a handful of stores? And then you have young fans of the show that WORK at the MacDonalds that are going to grab some for themselves... It was a stupid move.

What kind of person lines up for some plum sauce? Odd priorities I suppose.
And what at McDonalds do you put it on? The chicken sandwich? Not with mayo and tomato already on it. I don't eat there much.
It's original marketing was for chicken nuggets, which scientist are still trying to figure out where the nugget is located on a chicken..

So MacDonalds admits they fucked up

22289598_1864382370245318_1739515671660598016_o.jpg

... which, obviously, gives people a great excuse to demonstrate, right?

Somebody needs to get a life ... when the worst thing that happens to you all day is that you don't get plum sauce, I think you need to get out in the real world.

Adults lining up for plum sauce because of their favorite cartoon. Awwww.
Plague anyone?
I kept hearing that this show was so good so I pirated a few episodes. Dumbest shit I've watched in some time
I kinda like the old belching scientist Rick. It's cute...in an adult way but it's still a GD cartoon. We have a severe case of arrested development in this country. Adults are not setting down the childish things and becoming adults. This Peter Pan syndrome is detrimental to culture.

... which, obviously, gives people a great excuse to demonstrate, right?

Somebody needs to get a life ... when the worst thing that happens to you all day is that you don't get plum sauce, I think you need to get out in the real world.

Sorry bro, I don't even watch the show, but it's obvious to anyone without some kind of agenda that McDonald's is partly to blame. Does it give adults the right to act like idiots? Nope... but when you have a 10 year old kid on your hands that just stood in line for a few hours only to be totally devastated because the place only got a few of a dipping sauce, then you are going to probably be a little pissed.

Forum List

Back