Boycott Michigan Adventures!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Family Outraged After Quadriplegic Marine Denied Free Admission to Michigan Amusement Park - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Who you ask? Read the story. These strokes made a paralyzed US soldier pay to get into an amusement park. The guy is physically incapable of enjoying an of the rides or attractions at the park, yet these heartless bastards refused to allow him into the park to watch his kids!

They hide behind policy! Comparing a paralyszed army vet to a grandparent! PLEASE!!!! If you leave in the close to this place boycott it! If you don't agree with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan fine, but treat our soldier with grantitude and respect! I say a paralyzed from the waist down Vet at the Cubs game, I was glad to say I wasn't the first one to buy the guy a beer!

Family Outraged After Quadriplegic Marine Denied Free Admission to Michigan Amusement Park - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Who you ask? Read the story. These strokes made a paralyzed US soldier pay to get into an amusement park. The guy is physically incapable of enjoying an of the rides or attractions at the park, yet these heartless bastards refused to allow him into the park to watch his kids!

They hide behind policy! Comparing a paralyszed army vet to a grandparent! PLEASE!!!! If you leave in the close to this place boycott it! If you don't agree with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan fine, but treat our soldier with grantitude and respect! I say a paralyzed from the waist down Vet at the Cubs game, I was glad to say I wasn't the first one to buy the guy a beer!

While I doubt there's any chance I'll be anywhere near Michigan Adventures, I CAN see the park's side of the argument put in the context of comparing him to a grandparent.

Not that I think it's right to charge grandparents either, but the fact is, I doubt many of them ride the rides either.

DO you believe a factory worker at Colt, who makes the M-16, if he were to become a paraplegic, should be accorded the same gratitude and respect? After all, no rifle, no army.

Just curious.

While I doubt there's any chance I'll be anywhere near Michigan Adventures, I CAN see the park's side of the argument put in the context of comparing him to a grandparent.

Not that I think it's right to charge grandparents either, but the fact is, I doubt many of them ride the rides either.
Why do places let children under 3 get in for free?

I think its a cheap shot comparison. The man lost everything! Sympathy for our Vets is well in line!

DO you believe a factory worker at Colt, who makes the M-16, if he were to become a paraplegic, should be accorded the same gratitude and respect? After all, no rifle, no army.

Just curious.
Different issues! But NO I don't!

I'd like to make some points here.

The last 8 years the GOP including McCain & Bush voted 80% of the time to cut funding or deny funding for the troops/veterans. And they told the army to not help the vets get a favorable disability rating. The higher your disability, the more benefits you get. For example, McCain got a 100% disabled rating, but men and women in much worse shape didn't even get a 50%.

Also, in regards to employees making a guy in a wheelchair pay. You do realize that companies are in business to make a profit, right? And business' are struggling, correct? And they probably see a lot of guys in wheelchairs trying to get something free. So he says he was in Iraq. Maybe he wasn't?

But now you want to boybott the business?

Maybe we shouldn't have sent him to get paralyzed.

Last thing. I'm assuming you are a republican but maybe you aren't. I was going to say that HE is responsible for himself. No free handouts. The strong survive, the weak get eaten up. He gets all the benefits from being a wounded vet. What more does he want? Quit complaining. Quit asking for handouts.

And Corporations don't care about anything other than making profits.

And that is the reason for government regulation.

Well then the movies should let me in free if I promise I won't watch.

Why do places let children under 3 get in for free?

I think its a cheap shot comparison. The man lost everything! Sympathy for our Vets is well in line!

Just curious.
Different issues! But NO I don't!

No doubt the manager at this park is a moron, but I don't think it calls for boycotting the park.

I would have let him in free.

:eusa_eh: If he can't enjoy them, then why the hell take him? It still costs the park owners money either way.

:eusa_eh: If he can't enjoy them, then why the hell take him? It still costs the park owners money either way.
Wow, glad to know you have a heart, even if its black and cold as ice! :evil:

It's Michigan's Adventure.

Last edited:

Wow, glad to know you have a heart, even if its black and cold as ice! :evil:

:eusa_eh: Who ever claimed I had a heart ....

... I want to know so I can show them I don't.

I have an eye for money, and talents dealing with technology, where in those two areas do emotions play a role? The park has to pay for their services and equipment, even if a patron does not use them all, and being in a wheelchair would also require even more. But all that aside, you said he was physically incapable of enjoying it, so why the hell take him in the first place, seems like just a waste.

Forum List

Back