Boycott Israel

I explained in an earlier why Gaza is considered occupied.

Yes. You have. This was our point. You (the Palestinians) have had to ALTER the definition of "occupation" in order to continue to make that claim against Israel.

In all other cases of "occupation" a foreign military has to be in actual, effective control of the territory and the government of the territory. It has to impose its will upon the territory.

In all other cases, once the military has withdrawn, the territory is no longer under "occupation".

In all other cases an air and naval blockade are just blockades.

In all other cases an international border is just a border.

Just when it comes to the Jews -- new rules are written so that they can continue to be demonized.

Yes. You have. This was our point. You (the Palestinians) have had to ALTER the definition of "occupation" in order to continue to make that claim against Israel.

In all other cases of "occupation" a foreign military has to be in actual, effective control of the territory and the government of the territory. It has to impose its will upon the territory.

In all other cases, once the military has withdrawn, the territory is no longer under "occupation".

Just when it comes to the Jews -- new rules are written so that they can continue to be demonized.
Yes, the conduct of the Israelis has indeed broadened the definition of occupation. The use of an army of occupation which remains outside of a border but controls what and who enters and leaves, a navy which restricts the use of another state's territorial waters, an air force which controls the airspace of another people, and every so often massacres civilians by land, sea, and air, has come to be understood as effective occupation. What nasty bunch!

Yes, the conduct of the Israelis has indeed broadened the definition of occupation. The use of an army of occupation which remains outside of a border but controls what and who enters and leaves, a navy which restricts the use of another state's territorial waters, an air force which controls the airspace of another people, and every so often massacres civilians by land, sea, and air, has come to be understood as effective occupation. What nasty bunch!

It's unfortunate that you continue with your silly massacres civilians™ slogan when such flaming only serves to make you appear quite desperate.

What you won't acknowledge is that Israel is in the unique position of being the only non-islamist nation in an area occupied by adherents to a politico-religious ideology that has a1,400 year history of virulent hatred toward non-Islamists in general and Jews in particular. Israel has no choice but to naintain an ability to deliver a prompt and devastating response to Peaceful Inner Strugglers who are fully committed to fulfilling the writ of their politico-religious ideology (i.e. Killing Jews). Even with the measures Israel currently has in place, the Peaceful Inner Struggle of the islamic Death Cultists continues with attacks from the Islamist Entity.

The conduct of Islamics across the Middle East has certainly broadened the definition of Islamic terrorism.

It's unfortunate that you continue with your silly massacres civilians™ slogan when such flaming only serves to make you appear quite desperate.

What you won't acknowledge is that Israel is in the unique position of being the only non-islamist nation in an area occupied by adherents to a politico-religious ideology that has a1,400 year history of virulent hatred toward non-Islamists in general and Jews in particular. Israel has no choice but to naintain an ability to deliver a prompt and devastating response to Peaceful Inner Strugglers who are fully committed to fulfilling the writ of their politico-religious ideology (i.e. Killing Jews). Even with the measures Israel currently has in place, the Peaceful Inner Struggle of the islamic Death Cultists continues with attacks from the Islamist Entity.

The conduct of Islamics across the Middle East has certainly broadened the definition of Islamic terrorism.

The end of any and all concern for the people of Gaza, happened in 2000, when a mob of rabid dogs surround two unarmed Jews who accidentally got off on the wrong exit from the highway.

For this horrible crime of making a wrong turn. Instead of simply being told to turn around, they were taken to a police station, where they were beaten to a bloody mess, tossed out a second or third story window, sit on fire, had their heads cut off, and then CHILDREN.... were given ropes tied around the bodies, and dragged through the streets.

For making a wrong turn.

And people like Eloy and idiots like him, think these people deserve sympathy? You want these sub-human dogs, to have their own state?

No no, these are animals. They deserve nothing but the death they get.

You should realise by now that team palestine will invent international laws because they know the real ones work in Israel's favour. They will claim that all UN resolutions are international laws even though the UN says they are just recommendations, and point to them all the time. Like the right of return that was vetoed by the arab nations because they would be forced to give up all the lands they have stolen, and still they claim it as a fundemental right for the arab muslims

Yep. Team Palestine changes the meaning of, exaggerates, stretches and re-words international law all the time. Words like "Jewish National Home" get ignored. Unoccupied land becomes suddenly occupied because the meaning is adjusted to suit the Palestinians (who G-d forbid shouldn't actually have any responsibility for themselves along with their self-determination). It becomes permissible to suggest the cleansing of territory based on ethnicity, something unheard of in other places and appalling in its suggestion. etc. etc. etc.
"unoccupied land"??? Arabs have been living in the Middle East from time immemorial.

You misunderstand me. I was speaking of Gaza, from which Israel withdrew and thus it is no longer occupied.

And I have proven why under international law it isnt, which carries the most weight your explanation or my international law ?

So when is the US going to tear down its border fences and passport controls, sink all its navy, destroy all its planes to comply with your new rules. Or do they only apply to Israel because you are a Jew hating Nazi POS.

You do know that hamas also imposes the same things on its own people and places militia on their side of the borders so they can stop their people from leaving.

Free speech triumphs over pro-Israel bullies in US universities

Students have won major victories for free speech on US campuses lately as attempts by Israel lobby groups to suppress Palestine solidarity activism continue to fall flat.

“Israel advocacy organizations driving the suppression cannot succeed in manufacturing facts, even if they try,” Liz Jackson, an attorney with the organization Palestine Legal, told The Electronic Intifada.

Last week, the president of the University of Michigan defended Palestine solidarity activism on campus after student organizers were attacked for holding a protest against Israeli policies on the same day as a Jewish holiday.

In response to accusations that the protest was an affront to Jewish students, the protest’s organizers, Students Allied for Freedom and Equality (SAFE), stated that the charges fall “under the much larger wave of speech suppression that seeks to derail any valid criticism of Israeli state policy of oppression against Palestinians as a false claim of anti-Semitism.”

University president Mark Schlissel told The Michigan Daily, a campus newspaper, that SAFE “did what we want advocacy groups to do, and to me, they were advocating a political point of view.”

Schlissel’s statement follows a similar defense of student activism in New York City.

There, Israel-aligned groups and elected officials lost a long-waged battle to censor Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) after a six-month independent investigation yielded results that did not support their claims.

Students have won major victories for free speech on US campuses lately as attempts by Israel lobby groups to suppress Palestine solidarity activism continue to fall flat.

“Israel advocacy organizations driving the suppression cannot succeed in manufacturing facts, even if they try,” Liz Jackson, an attorney with the organization Palestine Legal, told The Electronic Intifada.

Last week, the president of the University of Michigan defended Palestine solidarity activism on campus after student organizers were attacked for holding a protest against Israeli policies on the same day as a Jewish holiday.

In response to accusations that the protest was an affront to Jewish students, the protest’s organizers, Students Allied for Freedom and Equality (SAFE), stated that the charges fall “under the much larger wave of speech suppression that seeks to derail any valid criticism of Israeli state policy of oppression against Palestinians as a false claim of anti-Semitism.”

University president Mark Schlissel told The Michigan Daily, a campus newspaper, that SAFE “did what we want advocacy groups to do, and to me, they were advocating a political point of view.”

Schlissel’s statement follows a similar defense of student activism in New York City.

There, Israel-aligned groups and elected officials lost a long-waged battle to censor Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) after a six-month independent investigation yielded results that did not support their claims.

And all you have is an islamonazi outlet that does good work for pallywood

On Many Campuses, Hate is Spelled SJP

They advocate for Israel’s destruction, admire terrorists, and are making Jewish students feel unsafe on campuses across the country. They’re Students for Justice in Palestine—and they’re a huge problem.

I guess Jewish students and their parents have to sit down and figure out which college these Jew haters aren't on. If the students are not going to feel safe on a campus because of these Jew haters, they have to turn these campuses down. Can you imagine the fuss the Muslim students would make if many of the other students on the campus started having protests against what the Muslim world is doing to those of their religion, such as Buddhists, Christians, and Hindus?

NY, California universities among ‘hotspots’ of anti-Israel, anti-Semitic activity?

They advocate for Israel’s destruction, admire terrorists, and are making Jewish students feel unsafe on campuses across the country. They’re Students for Justice in Palestine—and they’re a huge problem.

I guess Jewish students and their parents have to sit down and figure out which college these Jew haters aren't on. If the students are not going to feel safe on a campus because of these Jew haters, they have to turn these campuses down. Can you imagine the fuss the Muslim students would make if many of the other students on the campus started having protests against what the Muslim world is doing to those of their religion, such as Buddhists, Christians, and Hindus?

NY, California universities among ‘hotspots’ of anti-Israel, anti-Semitic activity?
Jewish students are welcome at Brandeis University.

Eloy, Hossfly, Hollie, et al,

It is not unusual to see many student lacking experience and understanding of previous conflicts on many of our campuses. During the Vietnam War, I saw many such immature students in confrontation, simply because they were afraid to step-up and be counted.

(COMMENT)

I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University. While there, I had the opportunity to meet, many anti-establishment students. But I also found that if the did not have the War to protest over, they would have found something. It was hard from me to believe that these students were the off-spring of the Greatest Generation America is ever likely to see again. Today, two generations out from those that stood up against tyranny and saved the European Continent, would promote something as vile as the Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Jihadists, Fedayeen, terrorist, insurgents, rebels, revolutionary, insurrectionist, and other asymmetric opponents that justify the massacre of an Olymic Team, the armed attack on school buses, and tour shuttles, and praise and support those that honor and memorialize the suicide bombers and rocketeers that intentially target civilian beaches and resorts. The SJP provides propaganda support for the very same poeple that bombed airlines, kidnapped and murders teenages, and rolled the American Leon Klinhoffer off the deck of a ship in his wheelchair.

Yes, todays SJP has much to be proud of and thankfull for the associations they have made with the single largest culture of cowards in the world. BUT, they need not worry, the last generation with still protect them and insure they have the right to help spread and incite hatred; the very same type of hatred that their fathers and grandfathers stood up against in the last Great War.

Most Respectfully,
R

Why should Jewish students not be welcomed at Brandeis?

upload_2016-10-25_15-52-42.jpeg
Founded in 1948 as a non-sectarian, coeducational institution sponsored by the Jewish community,Brandeis was established on the site of the former Middlesex University. The university is named after Louis Brandeis, the first Jewish Justice of the U.S Supreme Court.

Eloy, Hossfly, Hollie, et al,

It is not unusual to see many student lacking experience and understanding of previous conflicts on many of our campuses. During the Vietnam War, I saw many such immature students in confrontation, simply because they were afraid to step-up and be counted.

(COMMENT)

I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University. While there, I had the opportunity to meet, many anti-establishment students. But I also found that if the did not have the War to protest over, they would have found something. It was hard from me to believe that these students were the off-spring of the Greatest Generation America is ever likely to see again. Today, two generations out from those that stood up against tyranny and saved the European Continent, would promote something as vile as the Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Jihadists, Fedayeen, terrorist, insurgents, rebels, revolutionary, insurrectionist, and other asymmetric opponents that justify the massacre of an Olymic Team, the armed attack on school buses, and tour shuttles, and praise and support those that honor and memorialize the suicide bombers and rocketeers that intentially target civilian beaches and resorts. The SJP provides propaganda support for the very same poeple that bombed airlines, kidnapped and murders teenages, and rolled the American Leon Klinhoffer off the deck of a ship in his wheelchair.

Yes, todays SJP has much to be proud of and thankfull for the associations they have made with the single largest culture of cowards in the world. BUT, they need not worry, the last generation with still protect them and insure they have the right to help spread and incite hatred; the very same type of hatred that their fathers and grandfathers stood up against in the last Great War.

Most Respectfully,
R

I knew people in the S.D.S. who were wonderful individuals and committed to the cause of getting us out of the Vietnamese entanglement. Their regard was for the American lives wasted and they were VERY careful to not cross the line into support for the Viet Kong. Gradually, however, a less mature element arose that gradually displaced them, and this element was more radical. Like Jane Fonda, they DID cross the line into such support and did so regularly.

If boards such as this one are any indication, there is now very little of the sort of mature world view exhibited by the former as almost all leftists are now an example of the latter. It's a shame, really, because the left in the 60s was filled with optimism and stood for something positive. Today, it stands for nothing at all other than opposing the culture in which we live and finding common cause with some of the worst filth the human gene pool can vomit forth.

So terrorists and dogs are triumphing over Israel that is being routinely threatened with being wiped off the planet.

Right. You won't win dude. You can't win. G-d will stop you and your terrorist scummy friends.

Imagine the uproar from some top universities when funding is taken away from them because of their anti zionist stance. I can bet the students involved would soon be "sacked" along with the faculty members who would have to admit that it is only fair after they did the same thing to the Jews. The US government has already done this over other aspects of BDS and the left wing radicals initially saw it as a breach of the constitution, until it was pointed out that they were doing the same thing. Time to ratchet it up a bit and get the looney left on the run

Imagine the uproar from some top universities when funding is taken away from them because of their anti zionist stance. I can bet the students involved would soon be "sacked" along with the faculty members who would have to admit that it is only fair after they did the same thing to the Jews. The US government has already done this over other aspects of BDS and the left wing radicals initially saw it as a breach of the constitution, until it was pointed out that they were doing the same thing. Time to ratchet it up a bit and get the looney left on the run
Illegal, but the criminal state of Israel never gave a rat's ass about any law.

P F Tinmore et al,

This is one of the most confused things I've ever heard.

Illegal, but the criminal state of Israel never gave a rat's ass about any law.
(COMMENT)

The Hostile Arab Palestinians have been operating outside International Law for so long, they are beginning to believe that the bombing, hijackings, rocket launchings, infiltrations and ambushes, kidnaps and murders are lawful endeavors.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back