Boycott Israel

when it comes to Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) interfering with free commerce.
Companies cannot be required to trade with anyone. It is not illegal for any company to not trade with Israel for whatever reason they want.

RE: Boycott Israel
SUBTOPIC: AntiSemetic Activities promoted by BDS
※→ P F tinmore, el at,

PREFACE: Again, you are trying to twist the facts and mislead the Discussion Group by make it appear that they support the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) which is a foreign lead movement.

What about the foreign lead movement to violate American's rights?
(COMMENT)

HR 246 (July 23, 2019) is not a product of a foreign lead entity, whereas the BDS Movement is a product of a foreign lead entity. HR 246 DOES NOT attempt to delegitimize a peoples certain political speech, but rather protect US commerce and allow US Commercial entities to make decisions on their own without a penalty that BDS would employ; by banning business with illegal Israeli settlements, ending military trade and free-trade agreements.

BDS POSITION.png

There is no such thing as "apartheid" in Israel. There is no obligation for a company to aid or assist in a fantacy obligation.

NOTE:
"The crime of apartheid" means inhumane acts committed in the context of an institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime;
Companies cannot be required to trade with anyone. It is not illegal for any company to not trade with Israel for whatever reason they want.
(COMMENT)

And HR 246 does not make that a requirement. HR 246:

◈ Reenforces the " long-standing policy of the United States that a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict should come through direct negotiations between the Government of Israel and the Palestinian Authority."​
◈ Opposes the Global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) targeting Israel is a campaign that does not favor a two-state solution and that seeks to exclude the State of Israel and the Israeli people from the economic, cultural, and academic life of the rest of the world.​
◈ Opposes the position held by the BDS Movement that undermines the possibility for a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian.​
◈ HR 246 is in opposition to BDS policy that oppose a Jewish state in any part of Palestine.​
◈ HR 246 openly opposes the BDS Movement political position that it does not recognize the right of the Jewish people to national self-determination.​

HR 246 does not restrict the rights of Americans in any regard as you imply.

◈ HR 246 promotes American democracy for citizens to petition the United States Government in favor of or against United States foreign policy.​
◈ HR 246 protects the rights of United States citizens to articulate political views, including with respect to the policies of the United States or foreign governments.​

The mere fact that a foreign lead movement is trying to convince the American Public otherwise should tell you something.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Boycott Israel
SUBTOPIC: AntiSemetic Activities promoted by BDS
※→ P F tinmore, el at,

PREFACE: Again, you are trying to twist the facts and mislead the Discussion Group by make it appear that they support the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) which is a foreign lead movement.

(COMMENT)

HR 246 (July 23, 2019) is not a product of a foreign lead entity, whereas the BDS Movement is a product of a foreign lead entity. HR 246 DOES NOT attempt to delegitimize a peoples certain political speech, but rather protect US commerce and allow US Commercial entities to make decisions on their own without a penalty that BDS would employ; by banning business with illegal Israeli settlements, ending military trade and free-trade agreements.
There is no such thing as "apartheid" in Israel. There is no obligation for a company to aid or assist in a fantacy obligation.

NOTE:
"The crime of apartheid" means inhumane acts committed in the context of an institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime;

(COMMENT)

And HR 246 does not make that a requirement. HR 246:

◈ Reenforces the " long-standing policy of the United States that a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict should come through direct negotiations between the Government of Israel and the Palestinian Authority."​
◈ Opposes the Global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) targeting Israel is a campaign that does not favor a two-state solution and that seeks to exclude the State of Israel and the Israeli people from the economic, cultural, and academic life of the rest of the world.​
◈ Opposes the position held by the BDS Movement that undermines the possibility for a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian.​
◈ HR 246 is in opposition to BDS policy that oppose a Jewish state in any part of Palestine.​
◈ HR 246 openly opposes the BDS Movement political position that it does not recognize the right of the Jewish people to national self-determination.​

HR 246 does not restrict the rights of Americans in any regard as you imply.

◈ HR 246 promotes American democracy for citizens to petition the United States Government in favor of or against United States foreign policy.​
◈ HR 246 protects the rights of United States citizens to articulate political views, including with respect to the policies of the United States or foreign governments.​

The mere fact that a foreign lead movement is trying to convince the American Public otherwise should tell you something.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
What does Abby Martin say @5:00?

You are wrong.

Abby Martin Sues Georgia Over Israel Loyalty Oath Law [Full Press Conference & Interviews]​

When a group of twenty-five or so performers and artists withdrew from the Sydney Festival because of the Israel embassy’s sponsorship of one of the performances, Indigenous Australian and former politician Warren Mundine AO was quick to respond.

Mundine addressed the accusations of apartheid, settler colonialism and genocide with a few pithy tweets, pointing out that Israel is in fact a democratic nation, where free and fair elections are held, where Israeli Arabs, Christians, Muslims and Jews sit as equals under the rule of law.

Indigenous Australian, Munganbana Norman Miller and Barbara Miller of the ‘Indigenous Friends of Israel’ also issued a press release refuting the settler colonial lie, asserting that Jews are the indigenous people of the land and recounting the 4,000 year history of Jewish connection to the land of Israel.

Israel is not a racist, apartheid state. Arab citizens living in Israel have the right to vote and there are Arab MKs i.e., members of the parliament or Knesset. Why is it that the only democracy in the Middle East is so maligned? The answer is antisemitism.
It seems that the Israeli embassy’s sponsorship of the Sydney Dance Company, whose choreographer is Israeli, was enough to threaten the “cultural safety” of Palestinian participants in the festival, according to ‘The Belvoir Street Theatre’.

An open letter signed by "artists against apartheid" stated,

We will not perform in or attend a Festival where the Israeli regime rainbow-coloured logo is used to artwash the violence, ethnic cleansing, and crimes inflicted upon the Palestinian people.
The idea that art and culture might function as a bridge to co-existence and cooperation evidently didn’t occur to these artists. Instead they chose to interpret Israeli participation as ‘art-washing’ - using art for political purposes. Apparently the irony and hypocrisy of their statement was lost on them.

While it is unlikely that the boycotters’ actions will achieve much in real terms, they did attract the praise of the terrorist regime, Hamas, who stated,

(full article online)

The minister for art in the state of Hesse, where Kassel is located, expressed hope that the dispute would be quickly resolved by Documenta’s board. “I am confident that we will arrive at a good decision,” Angela Dorn told the DPA news agency on Monday.

Members of the Bundestag also voiced concern that the Documenta festival’s reputation would be tainted through an association with antisemitic ideas and groups.

“People who propagate the end of Israel must not be given a stage at the Documenta,” Frank Müller-Rosentritt — a member of the Bundestag’s foreign affairs committee from the liberal FDP Party — told the Bild news outlet.

“It cannot be that the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center, which is named after a Hitler sympathizer and which supports BDS, is taking part in Germany’s largest art exhibition,” he continued. “Culture must contribute to understanding and not to hatred of Jews and Israel.”

(full article online)

Barghouti stated explicitly that Arab culture is diverse and includes Imazighen, Kurds, Armenians, Jews and others. “Jewish culture is part of Arab culture,” he claims, but he seems to have forgotten that it includes those groups because Arabs colonized them, and in many cases brutally oppressed them, erasing their history, language and culture. Barghouti speaks with the language of a colonizer while decrying colonialism and accusing others of doing what he does.

If that’s not enough, he also claims that BDS embraces, and encourages Jewish and other minority cultures within Arab identity. However, history tells a different story. It was made abundantly clear to the Jews of Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Algeria, Tunisia and other Arab states where Jews are not welcome in their countries. Yet now, when Jews have the right to self-determination, they have a problem with that and want to rewrite history.
-------
In Syria, Jews were subject to curfews and house arrests, banned from owning businesses, banned from working in certain professions or for the government, forbidden from attending school with Muslims, and eventually had their businesses, homes and bank accounts stolen by the state. As well, they were held hostage and forbidden from leaving. These are but a few examples of the Arab culture that Jews in Arab countries have experienced. Barghouti is no fool. He is well aware of how Jews were persecuted, but being honest doesn’t advance his end goal: destroying the State of Israel.

Imazighen, Kurds, Armenians, Jews and other indigenous minorities in the Middle East are not Arabs. The blatant lies of Barghouti and BDS are just another attempt at gaslighting Jews and all minorities in the Middle East who have suffered under Arab colonialism for hundreds of years. There’s nothing progressive about erasing indigenous identity and any person of conscience, progressive or not, should not fall for the deceit of BDS.

(full article online)

Following the backlash against fellow Harry Potter actress Emma Watson for allowing a group to post an anti-Israel meme on her Instagram account, Miriam Margolyeshas spoken out. And by spoken out, I mean utterly disgraced herself.

It all went down in this interview with Middle East Eye.

Note how Margolyes paints all Israelis with the same brush when she snarls “And you can only expect the Israelis to respond in the way they did.” How so? Isn’t she aware of the truism “two Jews three opinions”? Israeli society is very polarized on all kinds of issues, including the expression of solidarity with palestinian Arabs. Has she not read Ha’aretz laterly? By painting us as monolithic, Margolyes is betraying her bigotry against us.

The same goes for her statement “Indeed, any criticism of Israel is regarded as being antisemitic.” This is actually a favorite retort of haters when confronted with actual antisemitism. No, we do not regard any criticism of Israel as antisemitic, and to suggest so is offensive. Take the responses to the Emma Watson fiasco for instance. Danny Danon did call Watson antisemitic, and he got roundly criticized for it by his fellow Israelis and Jews – including by yours truly.

But perhaps the biggest doozy of them all is when Margolyes blurts out that she does not think Israel should have ever been brought into existence. This is not about the so-called 1967 occupation, this is about Israel’s very existence.

So she can “as a Jew” us all she likes. Her comments betray the fact she thinks very lowly of Jews in Israel and denies us the right to self-determination.

She did get one thing right, though.

F05D078D-B036-4D5B-A3BF-A00D8DCD1ACF.png

Melissa Landa had been a popular teacher at the University of Maryland, College Park for ten years when it was decided that her contract would not be renewed. The reason? Landa had become too Jewish, too in-their-face about her Zionism and the immorality of BDS. She had organized her former classmates to fight against campus antisemitism and in particular against Professor Joy Karega, an antisemitic professor at her alma mater.

Landa’s brand of activism, in short, had U of Maryland administrators in a conjoined state of nightly bruxism. This just wasn’t the right kind of activism. It wasn’t Black Lives Matter popular or Free, Free Palestine popular. They needed to find a pretext to SHUT HER DOWN.

Then Landa traveled to Israel for Passover—just long enough that U of Maryland administrators could say she was forsaking her duties as a teacher—even though she’d received prior permission, and had arranged to fulfill her teaching obligations during the time she would be away. (Y’all have heard of Zoom, right?) That’s when the U of Maryland administrators rubbed their hands together and uttered the silent collective equivalent of “Nyuh uh uh,” and failed to renew Landa’s contract.

In other words, Melissa Landa was fired. A popular, award-winning teacher cut from the faculty and from her livelihood for the crime of teaching while Jewish. Landa took the obvious next step and sued the university for discrimination—because that’s what it was: they didn’t like that Landa was being so, well JEWISH.

Did the University of Maryland realize that Landa wasn’t going to “go silent into the night?” If not, they aren’t as smart as you’d think, considering they represent an institution of learning. Landa is good at agitating for change. She is pretty much the reason Joy Karega got cut from Oberlin. So, not smart U of Maryland, College Park. Not smart at all.

Facebook post by Joy Karega depicts PM Netanyahu as an ISIS fighter. Thanks in large part to Melissa Landa, Karega was fired from her position at Oberlin.
As for the rest of us, this story of modern antisemitism should come as a shock to every American. A popular professor fired for being a Zionist? For visiting Israel and displaying the Israeli flag? It’s unconscionable that this is what it has come to for Jews in America and in academia.

Landa, it is clear, has long been fighting for the basic religious rights of her people. It looks like it may be time for us to fight for hers. Here is what you need to know:

Varda Epstein: Can you tell us a bit about your background and family? Where did you grow up, and what is your Jewish background and experience?

Melissa Landa: I was born in Apartheid South Africa. My grandparents had fled the pogroms of Lithuania and had come to South Africa around the time of the First World War. I grew up in a traditional Jewish home with a strong Zionist ideology. My parents were also anti-Apartheid activists.

I first experienced antisemitism after immigrating the United States and living in an area where there were few Jews. I attended Oberlin College, where I ate in the Kosher Co-opand lived in Hebrew House. At that time, Judaism and Zionism flourished on the Oberlin campus.

My husband is Israeli. He is the 13th generation in his family who was born in the land of Israel. I have been to Israel 18 times and look forward to going again soon.

Varda Epstein: How long had you been teaching at U of Maryland, College Park prior to what was, effectively, your dismissal? When did things go wrong?

Melissa Landa: I joined the faculty in 2007, four years after completing my PhD in the same College of Education. I was dismissed 10 years later, in 2017. Things began to deteriorate at the very beginning of 2016.

(full article online)

RE: Boycot Israel
SUBTOPIC: antisemitism
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

Varda Epstein: How long had you been teaching at U of Maryland, College Park prior to what was, effectively, your dismissal? When did things go wrong?

Melissa Landa: I joined the faculty in 2007, four years after completing my PhD in the same College of Education. I was dismissed 10 years later, in 2017. Things began to deteriorate at the very beginning of 2016.
(COMMENT)

I do NOT know any particulars. But I am familiar with the UM @ College Park. In my very long trek to my doctorate, I found that nearly every Army Camp, Post, Fort, and station provides UM courses through the Education Center. But College Park is just too damn close to the Inner Beltway Hippocrates not to become contaminated by partisan politics. So Dr Landa's has the ring of truth in it.

I lived and worked in Arlington for a couple of years, and often traveled deeper into the snake pit. And while I am generally neutral (
moderate if you please) on the issues → when I retired, I felt like I had to take a shower and decontaminate myself.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

A year and a half after the Abraham Accords normalized ties between the United Arab Emirates and the Jewish state, an Israeli education watchdog found that K-12 textbooks in the Emirates embrace the treaty and generally shun anti-Israel and antisemitic material.

Released Thursday by the Israel-based IMPACT-se, the report — “When Peace Goes to School: The Emirati Curriculum” — found that the textbooks promote tolerance of and positive engagement with Jews and Christians based on principles based in Islamic theology.

“It is by far most tolerant and peaceful Arab or Muslim majority country curriculum that the institute had reviewed, in over a quarter of a century of research,” the group’s CEO, Marcus Sheff, told The Algemeiner.

In one example, grade 12 Emirati students are taught that the Prophet Muhammad visited a sick Jewish child, and in another, that Omar bin Al-Khattab, the second Rashidun caliph, ruled in a favor of a Jew in a civil case.

“Textbooks offer a realistic approach to peace and security, teach patriotism, anti-radicalism, commitment to defending the homeland, and cooperating with allies; peacemaking is by the priority,” said the report. “The large Islamic education program emphasizes tolerance, coexistence, and friendly relations with all non-Muslims and ethnicities.”

(full article online)

Forum List

Back