Boycott California

I am calling for a boycott on California. California has called for a boycott of Arizona because of the illegal immigration law passed recently by the governor of Arizona. This law mirrors federal law on ILLEGAL immigration, yet, because our politicians to not have the political guts to enforce it and secure our borders they left it up to the state of Arizona to do so. I beleive that the law that was passed was a courageous and necessary one and I am in full support of it. I am therefore calling for a boycott of all of those who are boycotting Arizona for up-holding the current law on ILLEGAL immigration. I hope many of you will join in.

Good luck with that.

I bet the entire state of California is shaking in their boots.

California should be shaking in their boots---:lol::lol: They have a 48 billion dollar deficit--with wagon trains of business and people leaving the state--and then put out a boycott on another state---:lol::lol: because of what has bankrupted their state---:lol::lol:

Sometimes--IDIOTS just can't stop themselves.

View attachment 10291

Brilliantly stated. No need to add anything more.

California should be shaking in their boots---:lol::lol: They have a 48 billion dollar deficit--with wagon trains of business and people leaving the state--and then put out a boycott on another state---:lol::lol: because of what has bankrupted their state---:lol::lol:

let me say this again....the State of California is not boycotting anything....two(2) Cities that i know of are....

It's almost a given that the State of New Mexico probably would be boycotting Arizona if the Legislature was in session, but it wrapped up business in February and won't reconvene until next January. We of course are doing our damndest to put a visionary, pro business, and fiscally responsible governor into that seat this coming November, and if we are successful, Arizona won't be taking any crap from New Mexico.

Our Albuquerque mayor and city council this week officially declared that they will not be making any move to punish Arizona. I am very proud of them.

It is funny though.

San Diego is scrambling now to say that their resolution to boycott Arizona was purely symbolic and are urging Arizonans to not 'hurt' hard working folks in their tourist industry by boycotting San Diego. I suppose they didn't think their boycott would 'hurt' hard working folks in Arizona?

How some folks think is just mind boggling sometimes.

Arizona tourists are biting back against San Diego for its city council's decision to boycott the Grand Canyon State over its immigration law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last month.

Would-be tourists have notified the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their scheduled travel to the coastal vacation destination, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 emails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

That has tourism officials urging Arizonans to consider the resolutions as merely symbolic and local politics at work. . . . .
FOXNews.com - San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State

Good luck with that.

I bet the entire state of California is shaking in their boots.

View attachment 10291

Brilliantly stated. No need to add anything more.

Let me be frightened. Ok, done now.

And now some California cities are NOT joining in with LA and San Diego:

From The Orange County Register:
COSTA MESA – The City Council made it clear Tuesday night that people who are in the country illegally are not welcome in their city.

Council members voted to pass a resolution declaring Costa Mesa a "Rule of Law City" at the behest of Mayor Allan Mansoor, who has long been known as a vocal opponent of illegal immigration.

"I have a lot of concerns with cities calling themselves sanctuary cities," Mansoor said before the vote. "It's important we state that we do not support illegal immigration."
Council declares Costa Mesa a 'Rule of Law City' | city, immigration, mansoor - News - The Orange County Register

Does anybody else have a problem with Mexico's President Calderon coming here to lecture us about Arizona's wrong law re immigration? Or the fact that he and our President continue to publicly misrepresent what is in it. And neither, at least as of yesterday, have read the Arizona law which specificially disputes what they are saying about it?

Calderon was lecturing on "human rights". I'm waiting for the lame stream media to ask him about Mexico's immigration policy on El Salvadorans.

Calderon was lecturing on "human rights". I'm waiting for the lame stream media to ask him about Mexico's immigration policy on El Salvadorans.

Or how Americans who are in Mexico illegally are treated for that matter. But I did find the answer to my own question:

67% Say Mexico Does Not Want To Stop Illegal Immigration
Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Most Americans don’t believe Mexico wants to stop the illegal flow of its citizens into this country and think America’s southern neighbor should be asked to compensate U.S. taxpayers for costs incurred by illegal immigration.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 13% of Adults think Mexico wants to stop illegal immigration. Sixty-seven percent (67%) say Mexico does not want to stop its citizens from entering the United States illegally. Another 20% are not sure.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon in his meeting today with President Obama complained that Arizona’s new immigration law encourages discrimination. But Arizona officials say the new law is needed in part because illegal immigration is causing big public safety and financial problems for the state.

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Americans think Mexico should be asked to compensate U.S. taxpayers to offset such costs. Twenty-four percent (24%) disagree and say Mexico should not be asked for compensation. Seventeen percent (17%) are not sure.
67% Say Mexico Does Not Want To Stop Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reports

Awhile back the Mexican government was distributing flyers to Mexicans instructing them on how to get through the desert safely on their way to America, where water supplies left in the desert could be found, how to avoid detection etc. So while I don't think it is Mexico's responsibility to enforce American laws, I do think they should be told in no uncertain terms by our President that they do bear responsibility for conditions that make people want to leave Mexico. And they should be strongly criticized for helping them sneak into the USA illegally. Friends don't do that to friends.

But when we have a President who is apparently without conscience when he lies about it, I don't hold much hope for a solution anytime soon.

I am calling for a boycott on California. California has called for a boycott of Arizona because of the illegal immigration law passed recently by the governor of Arizona. This law mirrors federal law on ILLEGAL immigration, yet, because our politicians to not have the political guts to enforce it and secure our borders they left it up to the state of Arizona to do so. I beleive that the law that was passed was a courageous and necessary one and I am in full support of it. I am therefore calling for a boycott of all of those who are boycotting Arizona for up-holding the current law on ILLEGAL immigration. I hope many of you will join in.

No to all boycotts. Avoid obstacles to the free market and free people to make free decisions in a country losing it's freedoms one regulation, law and tax at a time.

Forum List

Back