Boycott BP

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I don't know how to go about seeking vengence on BP for desecration of the Gulf. I am beside myself. My best friend #3 was going to St. George Island with her family for Mother's Day this weekend. But they will probably cancel because the oil slick will have reached those sugary sand beaches by then.

About a month after the ocean's shores have been befouled, the inland waterways will begin showing the devasation. The Wakulla River, where my kidlet taught me to canoe. The St. John's River, where we hung out in a biker bar in St. Mark's on Fridays after work, eating broiled shrimp and drinking cheap beer, just watching the Earth do it's thing.

Eventually the oil will travel the underground and above-ground aquifer to every Florida body of water, including the beleagered Everglades...a natural phenomena unparrelled on Planet Earth and precious not only to Florida, but to the entire Planet for the role it plays in our wildlife, ecosystem and so on.

Death would not be too severe a punishment for BP's CEO, as I see it.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Try to boycott, especially if you are purchasing large quantities for a commercial trucking, farming or airline business.

I welcome any additional ideas on how to afflict BP.

I am just heart broken. I cannot tell you what this preventable insult to the Earth will be like for all of Florida, and beyond.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNmB6dZt5eU]YouTube - Jimmy Buffett save the manatee[/ame]

I don't know how to go about seeking vengence on BP for desecration of the Gulf. I am beside myself. My best friend #3 was going to St. George Island with her family for Mother's Day this weekend. But they will probably cancel because the oil slick will have reached those sugary sand beaches by then.

About a month after the ocean's shores have been befouled, the inland waterways will begin showing the devasation. The Wakulla River, where my kidlet taught me to canoe. The St. John's River, where we hung out in a biker bar in St. Mark's on Fridays after work, eating broiled shrimp and drinking cheap beer, just watching the Earth do it's thing.

Eventually the oil will travel the underground and above-ground aquifer to every Florida body of water, including the beleagered Everglades...a natural phenomena unparrelled on Planet Earth and precious not only to Florida, but to the entire Planet for the role it plays in our wildlife, ecosystem and so on.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Try to boycott, especially if you are purchasing large quantities for a commercial trucking, farming or airline business.

I am just heart broken. I cannot tell you what this preventable insult to the Earth will be like for all of Florida, and beyond.

YouTube - Jimmy Buffett save the manatee
+1

Death? Maybe too much. I'd be satisfied with making him bath in oil for a few months - and taking everything he owns.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

+1

Death? Maybe too much. I'd be satisfied with making him bath in oil for a few months - and taking everything he owns.

So when 747 nosedives into the ground (assuming the pilot survives), he's to be drawn and quartered?

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

+1

So when 747 nosedives into the ground (assuming the pilot survives), he's to be drawn and quartered?

Depends. Was he drunk?

I must say this is the most inane thread ever.

Boycott as you deem fit, but calling for the death of the CEO is over the top.

The untimely demise of a CEO or two might send a valuable message. Do you really think they calculate mine or your existance as neccessary?

Pleeeeezzzzzz. I can think of a thousand of those types..interlocked board members and propaganda moguls the world could easily live better without.

Don't EVEN get me started on lobbiests....

Pacifists are ignorant to the intent of thier countries enemies.

Why should we?
This was an accident, someone wasn't drunk at the wheel. And there a lot of people at BP who need their jobs, including my best friend's dad. BP also from what I have seen pays their employees very well, and provides them with good benefits. They know the risk in their job.
I do think they should pay to clean up the oil spill, and fix whatever went wrong.

Last edited:
This was an accident...
Sure, if you like to call something caused out of negligence an "accident" - whatever. I know I'm just a mere human, I have no right to question a corporation.
BP also from what I have seen pays their employees very well, and provides them with good benefits.
HOW DOES THAT CHANGE THE FACT I'M BREATHING OIL FUMES RIGHT NOW?

I do think they should pay to clean up the oil spill, and fix whatever went wrong.

Nevermind the fact they are putting people out of business for years to come, I guess they shouldn't have to pay for that - those people can just go fuck themselves, right? "Hey Forest Gump, FUCK YOU!" is what BP should tell them?

Last edited:
This was an accident...
Sure, if you like to call something caused out of negligence an "accident" - whatever. I know I'm just a mere human, I have no right to question a corporation.
BP also from what I have seen pays their employees very well, and provides them with good benefits.

Well then do us a favor and stop. :D

I'm somewhat more interested in boycotting BP and forcing fund managers to divest all BP stock than I am in prosecuting the BP CEO, Tony Hayward, for murder and seeking the Death Penalty.

But 11 rig workers have already died.

Gulf Oil Rig Workers' Families: Remembering The 11 Who Died

As the oil pollutes the inland waterways, children will be poisoned and eventually they'll develop cancers, etc. and they too will have been killed by BP. The endangered species which will die off, such as manatees and sea turtles, might not be adequate to support a Murder charge. But the befouling of the Everglades and the final collapse of that system -- unique on Plant Earth -- will have a very abrupt and harmful effect on the Earth and those effects will cause even more people to die.

Murder is not always face to face, yanno. I fail to see any distinction between killing with a bomb and killing with oil. A murder charge will lie if the actions of BP's CEO resulted in deaths and those results were foreseeable, and proximately caused by BP, -- and I say "Yes", they were.

Hayward's as guilty of Murder as the Son of Sam.

Here's a link to an interview he gave about the spill.

Exclusive: BP CEO Tony Hayward Interview - Mobile Alabama

This was an accident...

I can see than hundreds of thousands of people having to breathe oil fumes is just a joke to you. You probably think most all human suffering is just some big joke - all of it, that is, except when it happens to you.

GUESS WHAT DIPSHIT - OIL FUMES ARE NO LAUGHING MATTER.

http://www.martinmarietta.com/products/MSDS-CrudeOil.pdf
INHALATION: May cause respiratory and nasal irritation. Central nervous system effects may include headache, dizziness, loss of balance and coordination, unconsciousness, coma, respiratory failure, and death.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE
Skin disorders, respiratory conditions, liver or kidney dysfunction, male reproductive and peripheral nerve disorders.

I can see than hundreds of thousands of people having to breathe oil fumes is just a joke to you. You probably think most all human suffering is just some big joke - all of it, that is, except when it happens to you.

GUESS WHAT DIPSHIT - OIL FUMES ARE NO LAUGHING MATTER.

http://www.martinmarietta.com/products/MSDS-CrudeOil.pdf
INHALATION: May cause respiratory and nasal irritation. Central nervous system effects may include headache, dizziness, loss of balance and coordination, unconsciousness, coma, respiratory failure, and death.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE
Skin disorders, respiratory conditions, liver or kidney dysfunction, male reproductive and peripheral nerve disorders.

Is New Orleans having trouble evacuating again ?

Forum List

Back