Boycot Cinco De Mayo

Bullypulpit said:
I'll take my Emerson CQC-7B
CQC-7BW-BTS.JPG

and Combat Karambit any day.
Karambit_BT.jpg

But more to the point, the whole illegal immigration issue is just another canard being used by the GOP leadership to try and split the electorate. All its done so far is create a rift between the "Cheap Labor" and "Deliverance" wings of the Republican party. (Also know as the Greedy and the Stupid)

Well its good to know you are optimistic and have only good things to say. :rolleyes:

OCA said:
There will be no boycotting Cinco De Mayo this year or ever, Americans will be out swilling Cuervo and eating fajitas like there is no tommorrow.

Budweiser and Freedom Fries for me! /sarcasim off

This is a bit of a tricky issue though.

On the one hand I feel it is an important issue that needs to be adressed.

On the other hand I don't feel most politicans take it seriously. Just look how well they've ignored it for the past 50+yrs. I think they see it as the new Gay Marriage red herring issue for '06.

There'll be a big stink about it, some laws will be passed, but in the end very little will change. And another "hot button" issue will be ignored and filed away to be used again at a later date should a party find itself in hot water.

Of course they dont take it seriously. I dont even know what the damn holiday is, and I bet a lot of members on this board dont either.

I think you misunderstood.

I was talking about immagration reform and what to do with illegal aliens.

I was saying that I don't think most politicans that this issue seriously. Not that they don't know what Cinco De Mayo is about. :)

Speaking of, here is a bit of history about Cinco De Mayo, it might just change your outlook on this holiday. :)

http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm

Bullypulpit said:
I'll take my Emerson CQC-7B
CQC-7BW-BTS.JPG

and Combat Karambit any day.
Karambit_BT.jpg

But more to the point, the whole illegal immigration issue is just another canard being used by the GOP leadership to try and split the electorate. All its done so far is create a rift between the "Cheap Labor" and "Deliverance" wings of the Republican party. (Also know as the Greedy and the Stupid)

I completely disagree, and your one-sided partisanship slip is showing. Both parties wish the issue would just go away. Neither have acted on it in years, and it's been a problem with the Dems in power, and with the Republicans in power. This isn't something that just popped up last week.

It just happens to be coming to a head now. And I haven't seen an acceptable sloution proposed by either side.

Redhots said:
I think you misunderstood.

I was talking about immagration reform and what to do with illegal aliens.

I was saying that I don't think most politicans that this issue seriously. Not that they don't know what Cinco De Mayo is about. :)

Speaking of, here is a bit of history about Cinco De Mayo, it might just change your outlook on this holiday. :)

http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm

We saw this already, and no, it doesn't change my outlook. Even had France decided to attempt to supply the Confederacy, what little that would make it through wouldn't be enough to amount to much of anything. The North could outproduce anything the Confederacy could smuggle in.

The US Civil War only lasted as long as it did due to a succession of inept military leadership on the part of the US, and brilliant leadership from the South. The South definitely overachieved.

Cinco de Mayo is what it is ... the date the Mexicans stopped an invading France from taking over THEIR country. Yipee - ki - yi - yay for them. But trying to stretch it into helping the US win the Civil War is fanciful thinking.

GunnyL said:
I completely disagree, and your one-sided partisanship slip is showing. Both parties wish the issue would just go away. Neither have acted on it in years, and it's been a problem with the Dems in power, and with the Republicans in power. This isn't something that just popped up last week.

It just happens to be coming to a head now. And I haven't seen an acceptable sloution proposed by either side.

That neither side has done anything constructive to provide a workable solution to the problem just shows how deep the rot is on both sides of the aisle. But rather than enacting new laws which are either unenforcable, such as deporting 11,000,000 illegals, or create a permanent economically, linguistically and culturally separate underclass, as any guest worker program would do, we need do nothing more than enforce current immigration law. This means prosecuting employers who hire illegals to the full extent of the law.

It didn't help matters any that the Bush administration dismantled a successful program, started by Bill Clinton, to kick out false SSN's and track them back to employers with workers using these fake SSN's. That the issue has gained such prominence with the GOP only indicates their desire to use it as another wedge issue. But that effort seems to have generated some unanticipated blowback in the form of the division between the 'Cheap Labor' and 'Deliverance' wings of the Republican party. And with the Greedy losing traction to the Mean and Stupid, the real face of the Republican party is showing. Having co-opted the Boll-Weevil Democrats in the 60's and 70's, the leadership of the Republican party, which was formerly fiscally conservative and socially moderate, has trouble comprehending the monster they created when they let these socially conservative, religiously intolerant, ill-educated and somewhat racist population into the party. And their loss of control over this monster leaves them floundering, trying to balance the shrinking voice of reason in the party with the growing clamor of the irrational in the party.

Bullypulpit said:
That neither side has done anything constructive to provide a workable solution to the problem just shows how deep the rot is on both sides of the aisle. But rather than enacting new laws which are either unenforcable, such as deporting 11,000,000 illegals, or create a permanent economically, linguistically and culturally separate underclass, as any guest worker program would do, we need do nothing more than enforce current immigration law. This means prosecuting employers who hire illegals to the full extent of the law.

It didn't help matters any that the Bush administration dismantled a successful program, started by Bill Clinton, to kick out false SSN's and track them back to employers with workers using these fake SSN's. That the issue has gained such prominence with the GOP only indicates their desire to use it as another wedge issue. But that effort seems to have generated some unanticipated blowback in the form of the division between the 'Cheap Labor' and 'Deliverance' wings of the Republican party. And with the Greedy losing traction to the Mean and Stupid, the real face of the Republican party is showing. Having co-opted the Boll-Weevil Democrats in the 60's and 70's, the leadership of the Republican party, which was formerly fiscally conservative and socially moderate, has trouble comprehending the monster they created when they let these socially conservative, religiously intolerant, ill-educated and somewhat racist population into the party. And their loss of control over this monster leaves them floundering, trying to balance the shrinking voice of reason in the party with the growing clamor of the irrational in the party.

You are so funny! You start out by denigrating both parties and end up by blaming it all on Republicans. If you weren't so biased, you would almost make sense, but you are so you don't.

Bullypulpit said:

That is correct. The Republicans do a good job of it, though. Their cynicism is disgusting, but they are effective. Whenever an election is close they harp on abortion, "gay marriage" and now this, but it works for them so I guess that's what politics is all about.

Democrats on the other hand just take losing positions, and in the rare case that they fabricate a wedge issue it's a stupid one that loses votes.

Time for a legitimate new party. All we have to chose from here is cynical manipulators (GOP) and ineffective self destructive wimps (Dems).

Nuc said:
That is correct. The Republicans do a good job of it, though. Their cynicism is disgusting, but they are effective. Whenever an election is close they harp on abortion, "gay marriage" and now this, but it works for them so I guess that's what politics is all about.

Democrats on the other hand just take losing positions, and in the rare case that they fabricate a wedge issue it's a stupid one that loses votes.

Time for a legitimate new party. All we have to chose from here is cynical manipulators (GOP) and ineffective self destructive wimps (Dems).

But where are you on THIS ISSUE? Are you for the "race to the bottom" amnesty and open borders achieves? OR do you believe americans have the inherent national right of border control to protect our standard of living?

Nuc said:

Both you and Bully seem to forget (perhaps conveniently) that both parties hold some responsibility for the current state of affairs regarding illegal immigration. Despite the rhetoric, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have addressed the issue to anyones satisfaction.

At the heart of it, I am all for a legitimate third party; one that has a platform based in reality and has a plan that involves more than just bashing the other parties. The current batch of politicians in both the House and Senate are so out of touch with reality and the American citizen that it is little wonder they get nothing done. Both sides are divisive and intentionaly so.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
rtwngAvngr said:
But where are you on THIS ISSUE? Are you for the "race to the bottom" amnesty and open borders achieves? OR do you believe americans have the inherent national right of border control to protect our standard of living?

I'm in favor of controlling the borders.I think we should take a time out on immigration until they get a handle on how many and who we want to add to the melting pot. I don't think anybody who has no intention of assimilating should be admitted. I think the INS needs to be overhauled from the ground up. They are incompetent and their standards are almost random.

On the other hand I don't like to see this argument framed in racist terms like wetback. People who say those things muddy the waters by making an immigration issue seem like a race issue.

If people are just racist and don't like Hispanics the war is over, because even if we don't let in another Hispanic, breeding patterns indicate that they will still be the majority before too long.

CSM said:
Both you and Bully seem to forget (perhaps conveniently) that both parties hold some responsibility for the current state of affairs regarding illegal immigration. Despite the rhetoric, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have addressed the issue to anyones satisfaction.

No, I think they are all to blame. But currently the entire government is controlled by Republicans, and the judiciary. I think they're not doing anything because illegal immigration favors Republican business interests. You're right though, Democrats also caused the problem. The United States government never seems to have very much foresight. Anybody could have seen this situation coming decades ago.

Nuc said:
No, I think they are all to blame. But currently the entire government is controlled by Republicans, and the judiciary. I think they're not doing anything because illegal immigration favors Republican business interests. You're right though, Democrats also caused the problem. The United States government never seems to have very much foresight. Anybody could have seen this situation coming decades ago.

Actually, the real problem is not that the entire government is controlled by Republicans; the problem is that the government is controlled by politicians. Those politicians spend more time worrying about getting re-elected than they do about doing what is right for this nation. It appalls me to know that in this day and age, politicians never stop campaigning for re-election (especially given the speed at which technology allows for the transfer of information); I see one politician after another distort the truth, spin reality and outright lie with the sole purpose of securing their place in that retirement home called 'public service'.

There is no doubt in my mind why this country seems so divided. The amount of disinformation available as well as a lazy and apathetic voting populace has brought us to where we are today. Very few citizens are willing to examine factual evidence and confront the politicians with the facts; in turn, supporters of both political parties do their best to be divisive (as evidenced in the microcosim called US Message Board) by skewing facts, taking things out of context or just plain making things up.

When the citizens of this country quit playing the political game and start basing their opinions on truth, facts, reason and logic, then a clear message will be sent to our elected representatives on where this country should be headed and how we should get there. Everything is bass akwards now in that our pols tell us how we should think and feel, they (with the outright assistance of the MSM) manipulate the lazy and apathetic masses as well as the young and naive for the sole purpose of getting re-elected.

I firmly believe that some do get elected and initially try to do the right thing in representing their constituents but are soon corrupted by the entrenched powers that be. How can anyone seriously believe that and member of Congress has any connection to the average citizen especially when those politicians haven't had to live under the same conditions as those they represent? Do you honstly believe that (name your favorite politician here) has to actually deal with the the conditions that the everday citizen does?

Nuc said:
I'm in favor of controlling the borders.I think we should take a time out on immigration until they get a handle on how many and who we want to add to the melting pot. I don't think anybody who has no intention of assimilating should be admitted. I think the INS needs to be overhauled from the ground up. They are incompetent and their standards are almost random.

On the other hand I don't like to see this argument framed in racist terms like wetback. People who say those things muddy the waters by making an immigration issue seem like a race issue.

If people are just racist and don't like Hispanics the war is over, because even if we don't let in another Hispanic, breeding patterns indicate that they will still be the majority before too long.

The hispanics in the street are framing the debate in racist terms like "gringo".

So is the war over if people are racist and just don't like white people? Are white people just to silently accept their disappearance from the earth?

rtwngAvngr said:
The hispanics in the street are framing the debate in racist terms like "gringo".

So is the war over if people are racist and just don't like white people? Are white people just to silently accept their disappearance from the earth?

I don't think Mexicans come to America in a quest to eliminate white people from the planet. They come to get more money than they can in Mexico. If white people are worried about becoming extinct they should start breeding like the Hispanics, Blacks and Muslims are. The white race is not decreasing because of genocide.

Nuc said:
I don't think Mexicans come to America in a quest to eliminate white people from the planet. They come to get more money than they can in Mexico. If white people are worried about becoming extinct they should start breeding like the Hispanics, Blacks and Muslims are. The white race is not decreasing because of genocide.

There is a definite racial component which emboldens those in the streets today.

It's a feeling of racial manifest destiny. http://www.aztlan.net

Whites have just as much a right to a homeland as any other race.

The genocide against whites has been carried out psychologically in our universities. http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=8565

The protestors are screwed now. They're blocking Buford Highway, and the traffic's spilling over onto I-85 and *gasp* I-75. When rush hour hits, it could come to blows.

Nuc said:

Then why all this protesting?

If all they want is to make more money than they can in Mexico, then they should get their asses back to work.

I'm sure their employers aren't paying them to protest.

New Topics

Forum List

Back